OP
Zombo

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
I hope to see your letter appear in "Backfires".

That quote is from over 2 years ago - That's the issue which introduced me to the GT350 and sent me on my quest to acquire one.

I don't believe they changed their minds, they still love the engine, but: "Well, in the battle of badass engines, one of them simply has a better car wrapped around it."
Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
The RS3 is sweet. That or a B9 S4 will eventually replace my current A4 as my DD. Most likely year after next. A 350 R and an RS3 or S4 in the garage will be the end game. Pure bliss.

OP
OP
Zombo

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I have been reading C&D for many years and am quite familiar with their process of selection, etc. Where's the beef? Well here is where:

"Only a long-legged BMW, or maybe a turbo-free Lamborghini, offers a similar experience. This is the way performance engines used to be, not as all-or-nothing boost bombs but as measured and controlled rheostats. We are likely witnessing the final opus of the naturally aspirated V-8. Even Ferrari has given up on it, simply because they suck gas. We averaged 15 mpg with the regular 350 and 14 mpg with the R, below their EPA-rated combined figures of 16 mpg. Well, honors to Ford for ushering out an era with a magnificent finale."

Source: Car & Driver Magazine. Did they change their minds? Hmmm.

Again, I like Audis and have a performance "boost bomb" Audi of my own. The RS3 is yet another in a long line of "boost bomb" cars which means IMHO the engine here is not significantly unique other than cylinder count. This engine is also in the most powerful TTS, which I test drove before buying the Shelby.

Guess it all boils down to what one defines as really both badass AND somewhat unique.

YRMV
@17RubyShelbyGT350 Did you get your C&D letter published? Six were published on the subject but none from Florida - so, I suppose not - there were a few that represented your stated opinion, however.

Yesterday, I wrote them a "Backfire" on their calculation for CG in their 3/18 issue, which I believe is incorrect. They've published my letters in the past - I'll see if this one makes it....

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
I put 130K on an RS4, it is to this day the best street car I've ever owned. I thought about getting another one, but decided to go racin' instead

OP
OP
Zombo

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@17RubyShelbyGT350 Did you get your C&D letter published? Six were published on the subject but none from Florida - so, I suppose not - there were a few that represented your stated opinion, however.

Yesterday, I wrote them a "Backfire" on their calculation for CG in their 3/18 issue, which I believe is incorrect. They've published my letters in the past - I'll see if this one makes it....
I must have been the only one who caught the mistake, as they would have printed a more entertaining letter on the subject, if one existed. I obviously had a lot of free time on that winters day...

My wife, a school teacher, insisted that I send them my work.
cd6.JPG
IMG_9336-v2.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: