VOODOO 6G

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I'm not in your search area, but in the Orlando suburbs. All newer communities will have an HOA by state law. The question comes down to how restrictive is it. I've had battles with my HOA over the years, but have won all of them. The covenants in my HOA say no basketball hoops in the front yard. This helps maintain the look of the neighborhood. Nothing says you can't park in your driveway, except a commercial vehicle needs to have the company name covered up. They will challenge you on paint colors, but that to me helps maintain the value from some idiot wanting a bright pink house just because he can. The Miami colors are moving into central florida, and to me it isn't a good look. Some HOAs are allowing those colors now, mixed in with a neighborhood of earth tones and it looks horrible.

Good luck with your search, but know that some HOAs are tryng to maintain property values while others are just trying to be hard nosed.

I completely get why HOAs exist. Some people are just trashy, even some with money. I may buy an older house if it means no HOA. I really just don’t like asking for permission. It’s just not my style. I figure, I’m paying for it, I’ll do what I want. That being said, I’m the neighbor everyone would love to have. I’m very picky about everything on my property. Can’t stand anything laying around, grass has to be perfect. If cars are in my drive they have to all be backed in, and lined up just right. That being said, I have a passion for cars and trucks, obviously I’m here, some are big and loud and ugly. I love old ugly trucks. Sometimes I drag them home and fix them up and sell them. It’s not really for profit but more of a hobby. Most of the houses I see in these HOA allotments barely have a garage, let alone one I could do that in. I’ll broaden my search area until I find what I’m looking for. Biggest problem is I don’t know the areas in Florida well so I don’t know where to look. I live out in the country now and have no neighbors let alone an HOA to deal with now. I live in a very nice log home on 5.5 acres so this will be a huge change for me. I’m just done with the cold and my sister lives in Tampa.
Sponsored

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
Well, coming from the north myself, many years ago, I'll suggest you stick to the west coast side of the state. I'm not really a fan of Orlando. I've spoken to many people that agree with me on the Orlando and suburbs. I've not met anybody that doesn't love Clearwater/St Pete/Tampa.

I like to refer to Orlando as that service oriented place that has multiple rat infested theme parks (Mickey and Minnie)

OP
OP
VOODOO 6G

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Well, coming from the north myself, many years ago, I'll suggest you stick to the west coast side of the state. I'm not really a fan of Orlando. I've spoken to many people that agree with me on the Orlando and suburbs. I've not met anybody that doesn't love Clearwater/St Pete/Tampa.

I like to refer to Orlando as that service oriented place that has multiple rat infested theme parks (Mickey and Minnie)
From my travels to Florida I also really like those areas. I just don’t know if I can get what I want/need there for a price I can afford. I make a good living here but work hard to do so. I don’t want a house payment of over $1500 a month. Don’t want to be house poor. Thanks for your input too. I have no desire to live in Central or East Florida. No offense to anyone but I just like the south western parts better. Bradenton is looking promising.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
From my travels to Florida I also really like those areas. I just don’t know if I can get what I want/need there for a price I can afford. I make a good living here but work hard to do so. I don’t want a house payment of over $1500 a month. Don’t want to be house poor. Thanks for your input too. I have no desire to live in Central or East Florida. No offense to anyone but I just like the south western parts better. Bradenton is looking promising.
Go back down and narrow down the area you want to live. We did a similar exercise a few years ago, but different criteria - retirement place for us. We quickly narrowed down to west coast after one trip on the east side. From there, we started from Clearwater and went south to Naples. Finally honed in on Naples or Venice, then decided Venice was for us, and bought new construction last year.

Good luck - no more northern winters!

OP
OP
VOODOO 6G

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Go back down and narrow down the area you want to live. We did a similar exercise a few years ago, but different criteria - retirement place for us. We quickly narrowed down to west coast after one trip on the east side. From there, we started from Clearwater and went south to Naples. Finally honed in on Naples or Venice, then decided Venice was for us, and bought new construction last year.

Good luck - no more northern winters!
That’s part of the plan. We also plan to rent first so that we can be sure before we purchase.

And yes, no more cold snowy winters.

Sponsored

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=25700]VOODOO 6G[/MENTION] - Happy to help you relocate here bud. We've helped a lot of our Mustang friends purchase a home here in FL. www.ProfusionPG.com / www.Facebook.com/ProfusionPropertyGroup

We personally live within 30 mins of Tampa, have no HOA, have 4 bedrooms and an office, a brand new home (built last year), and were under $200k to build (prices have gone up about 15% since then, FYI). We can definitely help you achieve your goals.

And shame on [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] for not knowing that I can help him reach his goals, too. Ya bum! :lol:

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
I’m from Brandon/Valrico area. Riverview has grown quite a bit but still plenty of areas to get some land and a house like you want. Good schools too. Fairly new schools too. Plus your not far from the track in Bradenton

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Oh also may wanna look into the Cape Coral area or a little north of there. Haven’t been there in a few years but i saw plenty of areas to get an acre or two and build.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Well if you are open to the East Coast, St Johns County(just south of Jacksonville) is one of the top rated places in the country, has a top rated school district and still has areas where you can get that kind of land/be in the "county".

OP
OP
VOODOO 6G

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Thanks everyone for the feedback. We are in the process of getting our house ready to list. Hopefully be listed no later than the end of June. I’ll be looking very hard after that. I’ll be headed down in the beginning of July to get my new R, I plan to stay a little while and look around some.

Sponsored
OP
OP
VOODOO 6G

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
[MENTION=25700]VOODOO 6G[/MENTION] - Happy to help you relocate here bud. We've helped a lot of our Mustang friends purchase a home here in FL. www.ProfusionPG.com / www.Facebook.com/ProfusionPropertyGroup

We personally live within 30 mins of Tampa, have no HOA, have 4 bedrooms and an office, a brand new home (built last year), and were under $200k to build (prices have gone up about 15% since then, FYI). We can definitely help you achieve your goals.

And shame on [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] for not knowing that I can help him reach his goals, too. Ya bum! :lol:

I’ll get ahold of you when I’m a little closer to being ready. Thanks!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
For those members in FL - we are doing a 30th Anniversary Celebration on June 2nd, here is what we did in Valdosta, GA:

dbasql

http://djdenverb.com
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Roush 2016 RS3
Kelley is right, Lutz, Land O Lakes, Odessa.
Very good spots to be.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Yea forgot about Lutz and Land o lakes. Those are nice

Evade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550
We just did the same thing. Moved here from VA, rented in Riverview for 2 years until we knew enough of the different areas and decided to buy. You will not find a 4 bdrm home on acreage with no hoa/cdd in an A rated school district in the Riverview, Brandon, or down to the Bradenton area for under 300k. We bought in Lithia which has A rated schools.
Sponsored