SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Prequel to the prequel

Steeda stepped up to the plate and resolved this beyond my expectations. Turns out they had a couple spacers and are sending them to me, allowing me to complete my suspension upgrade. Mistakes are made but to me the measure of a company or person is how they handle them

They are now back on my approved vendor list. :D

Prequel to this novel:
I know some of you Steeda fans won't like this review, which I accept. I typically like to handle these types of things one on one. However this time I feel like I needed to shine on the subject in hopes that Steeda will make some changes based on the feedback. Then when I buy my 2021 Mustang I'll be happy to buy from them again. :D

I was recently contemplating an upgrade to coil overs. After being given wrong information from American Muscle, I pm’d Steeda on this forum. They said someone will call me the next morning which they did, however I was busy at work and couldn’t take the call. Honestly calling is a little tough for me because of my job but whatever. They tried later in the day and again as luck would have it I was not able to take the call. Mike pm’d me saying that he was trying to get me, so when I freed up at work I called him back. The number he gave me went to a general line and the person that answered said there is no Mike that would have called me. I said it didn’t have to be Mike, just needed someone to discuss coil overs with. Someone was going to call me back. I waited until the next day and pm’d Mike saying that I tried to get him but they said there was no Mike. :shrug: Didn’t get a reply on that pm so once again I called the general line. Again someone was going to call me back which never happened. At this point I gave up and went in a different direction. Which in a way is a shame because I think I would have went the coil over route if I could have gotten some of my questions answered.

I end up going with Ford racing FR3 dampers and ordered some Steeda ride height spacers. At the same time I saw a good deal on rear shock mounts on Ebay(via Steeda) so I grabbed them too. Shock mounts shipped within 24hrs, but I didn’t hear anything on the spacers. I figured that they may have combined the order so I didn’t think twice about it. A few days later the shock mounts(signature required) arrive but no spacers. I then emailed Steeda inquiring about the spacers. To be fair it was Saturday afternoon so I waited until late Monday afternoon to send a follow up email. Still nothing. I call Wednesday to find out what’s going on and it turns out they are backordered 2-3 weeks. When I asked when they were going to tell me that I got a flippant response. I said OK go ahead and cancel the order. At this point I get “Will do Is there anything else I can do for you?” I said you know its funny you guys are losing a customer and you don’t seem to care. The rep says well I am not sure what you want me to do here. I just thanked him and got off the phone at that point, which he seemed thrilled to do. No apology…nothing

So I give this transaction an F Here is my grading scale:

A-Parts are in stock
B-Parts are backordered but that is stated on this site
C-Parts are backordered and I am notified upon ordered
D- Parts are back ordered and I get a response to my first email with a solution of some sort. Even without a solution a little love would have probably sufficed.
F-Parts are backordered, no response to either inquiry, no apology. No parts and no way to raise the front of my car up.

Granted these are first world problems. Steeda has good stuff and it’s not like they are a fly by night company. I did get my refund so we are square. However it’s a little frustrating that these guys are all over every suspension thread with a sales pitch but the back end service is a porous as a wet paper towel. Maybe I just expect too much but I’ll say that I’ve never had to wait more than 1 business day to hear back from vendors like CJ Pony parts, and Lethal. Vendors like Beefcake, Lund, and PKauto have almost text like responsiveness to inquiries. My wife sometimes gets mad when we are doing it at 10:30 at night and I’ve got Beefcake blowing up my phone with tracking info. lol

Just my .02 on Steeda…..the parts are good but the service is a little lackadaisical for my liking.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Well, I'm a Steeda fan and have MANY Steeda parts on my car. Never once have I had a bad experience getting parts or responses from them. But everything you are saying here I have no reason not to believe you. You and I have PM'd each other in the past about different things and I would consider you a stand up kind of guy. Your posts in different threads shows this also. I'm actually pretty surprised that Steeda did this to you and seemingly just let it go. Steeda is one of the very few companies that I got 100% satisfaction from regarding ordering parts, feedback, and quality of parts. You gotta do what you gotta do. Looks like the other vendors will be getting more of your business.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I'd echo WhiteyDog. They've always proactively been in communication with me AND responded quickly to both emails and PMs. I hope your experience was just an aberration, and not indicative of future customer service.

I actually owe Steeda a call back, but phones are tough for me too, because I'm usually in meetings, or have other work to do. Scanning an email is easier. Plus, I hate to waste their time if I can't order for several months yet.

Thanks for sharing, and hopefully they can earn your trust back by 2021 :)

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
There may be a tad bit of a disconnect between some of the staff in the two locations (always is with companies with more than one site), but Mike goes back and forth so no matter which location picked up the call, they should know who he is and how to get a hold of him.

Definitely different from my experience with them on multiple accounts. I've contacted them multiple times via phone, email, messages, and in person drop ins and been happy with the service - especially Mike!

Do you have any idea of who you spoke with on the phone though? Might help in getting the issue addressed if they have a person to focus training on.

Regarding the other vendors, I think Lethal and TBCR have a younger set of workers that are more eager to prove themselves, definitely highly responsive. PKAuto is great to work with as well.

That said, if there is anything else you're considering Steeda products for, I would say to give them another shot and work with Mike again. He has treated me great from figuring out parts, to ordering, to install and followup.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I am sure it will get worked out. They are top notch.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Probably just a goof. They personally called me (several times) to let me know a part was back-ordered and even hand wrote me a card thanking me for my business.

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I'm a Steeda fan and have MANY Steeda parts on my car. Never once have I had a bad experience getting parts or responses from them. But everything you are saying here I have no reason not to believe you. You and I have PM'd each other in the past about different things and I would consider you a stand up kind of guy. Your posts in different threads shows this also. I'm actually pretty surprised that Steeda did this to you and seemingly just let it go. Steeda is one of the very few companies that I got 100% satisfaction from regarding ordering parts, feedback, and quality of parts. You gotta do what you gotta do. Looks like the other vendors will be getting more of your business.
WD I gotta stop spending money on parts! I addiction is real! Blower running nice and cool tho!

I'd echo WhiteyDog. They've always proactively been in communication with me AND responded quickly to both emails and PMs. I hope your experience was just an aberration, and not indicative of future customer service.

I actually owe Steeda a call back, but phones are tough for me too, because I'm usually in meetings, or have other work to do. Scanning an email is easier. Plus, I hate to waste their time if I can't order for several months yet.

Thanks for sharing, and hopefully they can earn your trust back by 2021 :)
I do as much as I can via email, which I understand can be challenging for some vendors. Probably a lot of tire kickers and unclear questions!

There may be a tad bit of a disconnect between some of the staff in the two locations (always is with companies with more than one site), but Mike goes back and forth so no matter which location picked up the call, they should know who he is and how to get a hold of him.

Definitely different from my experience with them on multiple accounts. I've contacted them multiple times via phone, email, messages, and in person drop ins and been happy with the service - especially Mike!

Do you have any idea of who you spoke with on the phone though? Might help in getting the issue addressed if they have a person to focus training on.

Regarding the other vendors, I think Lethal and TBCR have a younger set of workers that are more eager to prove themselves, definitely highly responsive. PKAuto is great to work with as well.

That said, if there is anything else you're considering Steeda products for, I would say to give them another shot and work with Mike again. He has treated me great from figuring out parts, to ordering, to install and followup.
That's what kills me they acted like I had 3 heads when I asked for Mike.

Probably just a goof. They personally called me (several times) to let me know a part was back-ordered and even hand wrote me a card thanking me for my business.
See I am always the guy that waits in line for an hour and then the ride closes when I am next.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
SVT-Daddy,

First off, I want to apologize for what you have experienced. Mike is in our Tech Department & does go back & forth between the facilities & with the 30th anniversary that just took place - he may have been pulled in too many directions.

For someone not to forward you to Mike is confusing - we do have a few new sales reps & it could have just been a rep not knowing who was in our FL office.

We have spoken via p.m. before & work with the sales team to follow-up with customer & unfortunately, they get a little backed-up & follow-up a few days later.

Please shoot me your contact info so I can see how we can remedy this - I don't ever want to see a customer with a bad taste in their mouth.

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate you stepping up with a non defensive stance. I'll shoot you my contact info but I am not looking for anything at this point. Unless you found a spacer kit laying around. lol

SVT-Daddy,

First off, I want to apologize for what you have experienced. Mike is in our Tech Department & does go back & forth between the facilities & with the 30th anniversary that just took place - he may have been pulled in too many directions.

For someone not to forward you to Mike is confusing - we do have a few new sales reps & it could have just been a rep not knowing who was in our FL office.

We have spoken via p.m. before & work with the sales team to follow-up with customer & unfortunately, they get a little backed-up & follow-up a few days later.

Please shoot me your contact info so I can see how we can remedy this - I don't ever want to see a customer with a bad taste in their mouth.

Best Regards,

TJ

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I've bought several things from Steeda, no issues here. I even had a part with a cosmetic defect which they were quick to offer a replacement on.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello SVT,

I sent you several private messages to help you with your most recent request & you have not replied - we will move forward & consider this matter closed.

Thank you.

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I actually did reply and basically said what I said in my previous post. I am not looking for anything at this point as I've already made other arrangements. You have my number if you want to call, but I am content to move on.
Thank you, I just received your private message, today & will have our tech call you anytime - the previous messages were to set-up an exact time to discuss so we didn't miss you.

We'll get with you shortly.

Thank you.

TJ

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
EDIT: Steeda stepped up and handled this. The issue is resolved and my faith restored
Sponsored

Last edited: