Sponsored

Any front bras available?

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
Hey guys, I’m planning on picking up a car out of state and driving it back home cross country (approx 2000 miles). Do they sell bras to protect the front end for this road trip? I plan on getting suntek or xpel once I get home. Do those novistretch masks for the regular mustangs work on the 350s?

Thanks guys!!
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Wow, how 80s. Just get some trakk tape or road wrap. Congrats on the purchase.

OP
OP

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
Wow, how 80s. Just get some trakk tape or road wrap. Congrats on the purchase.
Whoa!! I didn’t know those products exist! I was just gonna use blue painters tip. Thanks for the tip!! Gonna order that trakk tape.

Thanks Tomster!

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Whoa!! I didn’t know those products exist! I was just gonna use blue painters tip. Thanks for the tip!! Gonna order that trakk tape.

Thanks Tomster!
As Tom said, I used Trakk tape for my cross country trip after I picked up. Just a heads up though, it's thick and not very flexible, so you're going to get creases and bunches all over. Don't fret over trying to get it to look invisible. And don't neglect to do the area in front of the rear wheels. That area gets beat up as hard if not harder than the front bumper. Oh, and if you leave it for more than a week on the matte stripes, it leaves a residue that you remove by rolling your thumb over the dry residue. But again, that's only an issue if you leave it on the matte stripes for more than a week.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
As Tom said, I used Trakk tape for my cross country trip after I picked up. Just a heads up though, it's thick and not very flexible, so you're going to get creases and bunches all over. Don't fret over trying to get it to look invisible. And don't neglect to do the area in front of the rear wheels. That area gets beat up as hard if not harder than the front bumper. Oh, and if you leave it for more than a week on the matte stripes, it leaves a residue that you remove by rolling your thumb over the dry residue. But again, that's only an issue if you leave it on the matte stripes for more than a week.
Yes, good point. Do all impact areas. Around wheels, a pillars, rearview mirrors, front end, roof, etc.

It would be a shame to get a rock chip if you plan to go the xpel route

Sponsored

OP
OP

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
Oh, I forgot to ask...will I have to worry about applying these tapes over the OEM stripes/stickers? As in will it peel the stripes off when I remove the tape? I’ve read horror stories of power washers removing these stripes

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Oh, I forgot to ask...will I have to worry about applying these tapes over the OEM stripes/stickers? As in will it peel the stripes off when I remove the tape? I’ve read horror stories of power washers removing these stripes
No issues as I mentioned above. The tape I removed from the stripes within days of application came right off. I left some pieces on in the front that weren't as visible for over 2 weeks, and when I removed those there was some residue on the stripes, like a giant version of when you pull a price tag off and that annoying residue gets left. I tried multiple types of cleaners and solvents to no avail, thinking I ruined the stripes. But then when they were dry, I was able to just roll the residue off with my thumb like rubber cement.

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hey guys, I’m planning on picking up a car out of state and driving it back home cross country (approx 2000 miles). Do they sell bras to protect the front end for this road trip? I plan on getting suntek or xpel once I get home. Do those novistretch masks for the regular mustangs work on the 350s?

Thanks guys!!
If that drive home is on a fresh engine, I'd recommend spending at least the first 500 miles on side roads, rowing through the gears. Normal break in procedure...Definitely not on the highway.

OP
OP

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
If that drive home is on a fresh engine, I'd recommend spending at least the first 500 miles on side roads, rowing through the gears. Normal break in procedure...Definitely not on the highway.
Yeah. That’s what I plan on doing. Or hope there lots of elevation changes.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
You can also check out road warrior paint on stuff.... I did trakktape but always found it to be a PITA to cut all the pieces and inevitably some edges would peel up and actually trap bugs and road grit onto it... not a big fan

Sponsored

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but just curious how did this trip go? A buddy of mine is considering driving 2k with his new 350... I told his to use a blue painters tape as I didn’t know about this other one. Thanks

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I've been in contact with the upper management of Colgan Car Bra which is owned by Covercraft. They are now tasking their field technicians in California to locate a GT350 to take measurements. Fortunately, the GT350 front clip and hood has not changed so they should be easy to locate.(?) They will email me as soon as they establish a pattern for the bra and they are trying to get one to me by late April, as I'm taking a long trip in my soon to be built 2019 GT350. I'll let everyone know when I get one and provide the product number so those of you who want one can order same.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but just curious how did this trip go? A buddy of mine is considering driving 2k with his new 350... I told his to use a blue painters tape as I didn’t know about this other one. Thanks
I know I’m not the OP, but my trip was 1600 miles. I spent about 1.5 hours putting on the Trakk tape. No chips or damage during the trip.

Hollywood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350R
Check out Novistretch.com. They don't show a GT350 but they do have one. I use it on mine and it works great. I tape the hood and the other exposed areas under the headlights too. It keeps the bugs and stuff out of the radiator as well.
Sponsored