Sponsored

Ford Axing all cars except Mustang and Focus Active Crossover in North America

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I'm a bit confused on what Ford is doing now. They are now making a Fiesta Active to go along with the Focus Active.

Fiesta Active
Ford hasn't given any indication that it will come to the U.S.
Sponsored

Reactions: Ebm

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Ford hasn't given any indication that it will come to the U.S.
Yes, that's what I wasn't sure about. It's unknown whether it's coming to the U.S or not. Probably not, but Ford is so wishy-washy lately, who knows.

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
So now we know who inside Ford made the decision to pull out of the car business. Ford is in free fall.
http://www.autoextremist.com/current/2018/5/5/ford-in-free-fall.html
If you aren't reading Pete DeLorenzo's blog, you are missing the high-octane truth.

If Farley is actually ALLOWED to go on being that unhinged, the company has much bigger problems than the decision to axe cars/sedans.

That paints a rather bleak outlook for the future of the company in general.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Unfortunately this will never happen not enough profit in a 2door suv, cuv
Not sure what you mean.

Might want to read this... before jumping to any conclusions.

You might want to let us know, what you know... is the baby bronco cancelled..? :crazy:

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Good article.

I understand axing the Fiesta too close to Focus, and the Focus has a wide range including RS to power sales.

I understand axing EITHER ONE of Taurus or Fusion, axe one, keep one. But don't understand axing both.

Unless they plan on making a 4 door car based on the Mustang frame... like GM makes Cadillacs and Camaros based on the same frame. Dodge Charger-esque. Maybe possible? I think this may be the real secret that noone knows! S650 may be all new lightweight frame to compete with GM Alpha platform... shared frame with a new 4 door Ford.
Ford said that they WON’T invest in any new Sedan in the US. So nope, ain’t gonna happen.
Nothing really confusing about it - they're just being consistent with their statement of going full Truck/SUV/CUV.

I'm a car guy, but a Focus Active RS would be a wicked fun ride during the winter in my neck of the woods.
Apparently the “Active Lineup” will be wide.... hahaha
D2B18460-E403-44FC-9D36-F5AD49395518.jpeg

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Not sure what you mean.

Might want to read this... before jumping to any conclusions.

You might want to let us know, what you know... is the baby bronco cancelled..? :crazy:

The baby Bronco won’t be a Bronco, it will be a “smaller” (than the Bronco) compact SUV (according to rumors it will be called “Maverick”) . I’m pretty sure they will not offer it in 2 doors configuration, however the Bronco will be offered in both 2 and 4 door.

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
If Farley is actually ALLOWED to go on being that unhinged, the company has much bigger problems than the decision to axe cars/sedans.

That paints a rather bleak outlook for the future of the company in general.
Kinda old but gives you insight to Mr. Farley's mind. Even if you hate GM, this is pretty much over the top...

https://jalopnik.com/5823432/ford-marketing-head-fuck-gm

Fun fact: Note Dan Akerson's comment about sprinkling holy water on Lincoln. Too funny.

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
Kinda old but gives you insight to Mr. Farley's mind. Even if you hate GM, this is pretty much over the top...

https://jalopnik.com/5823432/ford-marketing-head-fuck-gm

Old indeed, but proves the point -- and it is even more alarming when you consider the guy has not only survived that long in the company at all, but has actually advanced.

In reality, what is happening with Ford right now is nothing new... in my opinion the writing was on the wall when Mulally left.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
BS Article

Sponsored

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Depending on what happens with gas prices due to the situation with Iran, Ford may come to deeply regret this.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on what happens with gas prices due to the situation with Iran, Ford may come to deeply regret this.
Excellent point.

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
Ford's ultimate plan is to hybridize everything, so gas prices are completely irrelevant. All of these SUVs/CUVs are going to get high 20s to low 40s in MPG.
Sponsored