SYNC 3 swap, It's all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
So waze only works if I plug my iPhone into the Sync 3 hub.

If I plug it into the one by the shifter it doesn't work.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
For the people interested in this swap who are searching for a bezel, if you have a non-GT350 car do not attempt to install a GT350 bezel. It is a FORScan nightmare and if you haven't seen one up close the colors of the trim and the toggles do not match the non-GT350 interior There must be one of these for sale somewhere because I've had at least 5 PMs about it.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
For the people interested in this swap who are searching for a bezel, if you have a non-GT350 car do not attempt to install a GT350 bezel. It is a FORScan nightmare and if you haven't seen one up close the colors of the trim and the toggles do not match the non-GT350 interior There must be one of these for sale somewhere because I've had at least 5 PMs about it.
I have had PMs about the opposite! We need to get these people in touch with each other, haha.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hex. Can the speaker plate be removed without popping off the silver trim that stretches to the door?
Possibly. I haven't attempted it but that trim piece is easy to pull off.

Sponsored

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Does anyone have the molex connector part numbers for the larger harness that OP says he makes? Not the one for the USB hub but the one you can get to avoid doing all the repinning in a bae car. I'd like to make one myself for a friend. Friend said OP was backed up a few months making the harnesses.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
There isn’t a part number. These are custom made connectors, not Molex, not Sumitomo or Amphenol. The only way to purchase them is to buy a large amount (usually 500) and because of piece cost and shipping it quickly gets out of hand for a harness. The other issue is the terminals, you have to purchase a minimum of 7000 of them. I invested a lot to make this happen so others didn’t. My backlog is about a month. Not months.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
There isn’t a part number. These are custom made connectors, not Molex, not Sumitomo or Amphenol. The only way to purchase them is to buy a large amount (usually 500) and because of piece cost and shipping it quickly gets out of hand for a harness. The other issue is the terminals, you have to purchase a minimum of 7000 of them. I invested a lot to make this happen so others didn’t. My backlog is about a month. Not months.
Got it. I sent you a PM but you didn't reply so I thought I'd ask here.

Not trying to step on your toes or anything - just curious if they could be purchased as a regular standard connector... Thanks.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Unfortunately, no. That’s why 4Dtech and Jesse (who makes a completely inferior harness) are raping people for the harness. I understand that it’s getting warm and folks want this upgrade as easily and painlessly as possible but I’m one person hand building harnesses in my free time. I can’t pump out 50 at a time and maintain the quality that I’m known for. Besides the cost of connectors there is the cost of tools to do this right, my crimpers for the main harness are $550, each harness requires 3 different crimp dies, like I said, I made a large investment to help you guys and I’m building as fast as I can. Things may change later this summer but for now I’m doing what I can. I looked through my PMs and didn’t see any questions about part numbers. If I could supply DIY kits I would but my stock of connectors is exclusively for harnesses right now.

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Unfortunately, no. That’s why 4Dtech and Jesse (who makes a completely inferior harness) are raping people for the harness. I understand that it’s getting warm and folks want this upgrade as easily and painlessly as possible but I’m one person hand building harnesses in my free time. I can’t pump out 50 at a time and maintain the quality that I’m known for. Besides the cost of connectors there is the cost of tools to do this right, my crimpers for the main harness are $550, each harness requires 3 different crimp dies, like I said, I made a large investment to help you guys and I’m building as fast as I can. Things may change later this summer but for now I’m doing what I can. I looked through my PMs and didn’t see any questions about part numbers. If I could supply DIY kits I would but my stock of connectors is exclusively for harnesses right now.

His harness is worth it. I think I waited a month? best decision ever.

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I ordered the part number for the blue clips..
Guy just called and said they were in, but they are white..
Do we have the wrong party number or are they not blue any longer?

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Any ETA when the harness will be out again?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.