Sponsored

This car is magnificent

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Hadn't driven the GT350 in over 3 weeks, finally took it out for a spin this afternoon. It is such a joy to drive, absolutely magnificent.

I've owned a bunch of Mustangs, including several GT500s, and this car makes them all look sad. Pretty sure that this is the one I'll keep for a long time.
Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I should be bringing mine out of storage this weekend. This crappy weather sucks.

On a side note, I’ve started to lurk a BMW M2 forum as I’m intrigued by the upcoming M2 Competition. Not as replacement to the R, but an eventual addition. To hear how most of those guys talk about the GT350 is commical, outside of the paint quality and body panel fitment which I have to admit is pretty accurate. One guy said he took a test drive and had it up to 6K or 6500rpm and it felt no faster than his M2. LOL

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Agreed. Sometimes I don’t drive mine for 2 weeks and you definitely gain an appreciation for it after being away. I honestly can’t think of another car (besides maybe a c7 gs) that I’d buy until I got to 140k for a 911gts or an amg gt.
I was very close to a gts in 2016 but at the end of the day I couldn’t justify stroking a check for 2.5 times the cost of a 350.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Hadn't driven the GT350 in over 3 weeks, finally took it out for a spin this afternoon. It is such a joy to drive, absolutely magnificent.

I've owned a bunch of Mustangs, including several GT500s, and this car makes them all look sad. Pretty sure that this is the one I'll keep for a long time.
I said the same thing about my '13 Boss.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Uuuugggg...mine has been down for 3+ weeks getting the calipers painted. Back on the road tomorrow. I CANNOT wait.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I said the same thing about my '13 Boss.
The world never expected Ford to make such an engine and at such a price point. Unless someone else is going to make an NA V8 that screams past 8000RPM, I can confidently say I'll never sell this car.

wltrmtty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I just got mine out of winter storage where it's been since November 1st. It's like it's a brand new car.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
The world never expected Ford to make such an engine and at such a price point. Unless someone else is going to make an NA V8 that screams past 8000RPM, I can confidently say I'll never sell this car.
Could not agree more. But I would also add manual transmission to that list of needs. I think the age of NA engines and manual transmissions is coming to an end. Likely sooner than we think.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I should be bringing mine out of storage this weekend. This crappy weather sucks.

On a side note, I’ve started to lurk a BMW M2 forum as I’m intrigued by the upcoming M2 Competition. Not as replacement to the R, but an eventual addition. To hear how most of those guys talk about the GT350 is commical, outside of the paint quality and body panel fitment which I have to admit is pretty accurate. One guy said he took a test drive and had it up to 6K or 6500rpm and it felt no faster than his M2. LOL
They are funny they spent the last couple years convincing them selves the M2 comp would be 100k. Now they are saying a M2 with a s55 won't kill the resale of their cars.:lol:

I'm interested also I like the M2 size. Shame it's not lighter

Sponsored

kskpsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R HR222, Audi RS3, BMW 1M, Boxster Spyder

Pretty sure the 350 is faster than my M3 Competition at WOT (which is faster than an N55 M2). M3 has the benefit of forced induction for more torque/speed around town. Which is faster really doesn’t matter to me, but amazing how objectivity can materialize when you have no brand/car homerism.

PAWOLF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350
Pretty sure the 350 is faster than my M3 Competition at WOT (which is faster than an N55 M2). M3 has the benefit of forced induction for more torque/speed around town. Which is faster really doesn’t matter to me, but amazing how objectivity can materialize when you have no brand/car homerism.

I couldn't agree with you more. M3/4 is definitely faster around town but on the highway, I'm sure this beast will take it. But most importantly, I enjoy driving this vehicle 100000 x more than the M3/4. Enjoy it in the morning and at night while I'm leaving work. I daily drive it and still love every second of it. While the M3/4 you get used to it and just feels like a very high performance luxury car. This car is just too fun to drive. The sound, the handling, the feeling you get behind the wheel and all the attention you get :love:

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. Sometimes I don’t drive mine for 2 weeks and you definitely gain an appreciation for it after being away. I honestly can’t think of another car (besides maybe a c7 gs) that I’d buy until I got to 140k for a 911gts or an amg gt.
I was very close to a gts in 2016 but at the end of the day I couldn’t justify stroking a check for 2.5 times the cost of a 350.
If I ever buy a car over 100k, it will be a Ferrari.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't agree with you more. M3/4 is definitely faster around town but on the highway, I'm sure this beast will take it. But most importantly, I enjoy driving this vehicle 100000 x more than the M3/4. Enjoy it in the morning and at night while I'm leaving work. I daily drive it and still love every second of it. While the M3/4 you get used to it and just feels like a very high performance luxury car. This car is just too fun to drive. The sound, the handling, the feeling you get behind the wheel and all the attention you get :love:
I obviously owned may M3's and I can tell you that the new turbo M3 which I considered before buying the GT350 can be a beast with a bit of help (software).
To put it in perspective, no way my GT350 will keep up with my 335xi off the line, and maybe it will even never catch up...
M3's chipped are even faster .

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I haven't driven mine in 5 months. That changes next week though. So looking forward to it.
Sponsored