Sponsored

Buyer Beware! Bill Currie Ford Tampa

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just an FYI about LoJack...

I’ve had that installed on prior vehicles. To clarify some things regarding LoJack:

1) LoJack has a factual recovery rate of 90% in the event the vehicle gets stolen (doesn’t matter if actually jacked and driven or jacked and flatbedded) - the LoJack system is ALWAYS LIVE, even when the car is off OR electronics are disabled. In some States, just by having LoJack installed, you can receive the maximum allowable Insurance Discount of 25% - for some people in certain regions, this can be a HUGE savings annually. LoJack can’t be installed by just anyone, it is only installed by a LoJack Tech, and only he knows where the device is hidden within the vehicle. LoJack is also transferable if the car is sold, so it can add value to potential buyers.

2) Just because an S550 has SYNC3 does not mean it instantly has GPS (no NAV = no GPS). Even if it has NAV, if the car is stolen, it’s not going to matter because GPS is not always live AND as far as I know, it’s not similar to GM’s “OnStar” system where the vehicle can be tracked (someone correct if I’m wrong).

3) To get LoJack installed separate from buying a new car and depending on the level of security chosen with the system, the cost plus installation can be upwards of the cost for that Dealer’s “add-on” fees - BUT, couple that with your Ins. Discount savings and the system essentially pays for itself in the end.

——

I don’t agree with certain Delaers forcing certain add-ons into their pricing structure or in addition to the MSRP... there is a Hyundai Dealer in NJ which adds to every vehicle Pin Stripes, wheel well trim, door edge guards and “3M upholstery protectant” into the MSRP - which depending on model, is an over $1,200.00 cost that the buyer CANNOT get past... we all know that such add-one don’t even come close to $1,200.00, let alone $50.00....

So people have options - you either pay for that Dealer’s absurd add-ons, or you walk and shop at another Dealer who does not add such silliness to their vehicle pricing.
Sponsored

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Buyer should beware when buying a car from any dealer. Ask questions, read everything, do your research, and for god's sake, get a pre-approved loan from your bank before buying a car!

I just bought a 2015 GT Convertible premium. Dealer tried to tell me the best rate they could get me was 11.9%. My credit union offered me 5.59%, the best rate they can offer on a three year old car.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
My dealer had some cheap wheel locks in the glove box that they were charging $299 for!!

Quality McGard or Gorilla locks can be had for ~$25.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Buyer should beware when buying a car from any dealer. Ask questions, read everything, do your research, and for god's sake, get a pre-approved loan from your bank before buying a car!

I just bought a 2015 GT Convertible premium. Dealer tried to tell me the best rate they could get me was 11.9%. My credit union offered me 5.59%, the best rate they can offer on a three year old car.
Unless you got a killer deal on the car itself or have bad credit, sounds like you're still getting screwed on that APR. I'd see if you can refinance that to a better rate at some point. Most dealers should be able to get a buyer in to the 3-4% range or lower on a new car.

Definitely agree on the general sentiment of being careful with dealers. They say one thing and do three others.

Sponsored

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, but a 2015 isn't a new car. If it was a 2017 used, I could have gotten a lot lower rate, but 5.59% is the lowest Navy Fed offers on a car that's three years old. Their rates are based on credit score and length of the loan. I qualified for their best rates, but if I wanted to go lower (4.2), I would have had to finance for 36 months or less. If It was a new or "late model" used car with less than 30k miles (2017-2019), it would have been at 2.59%.

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD

I called them to ask what these additional fees were and was surprised to find out that all 2018 vehicles get upcharged $1495 dollars for options that you CANNOT remove. The options are a waste and probably have a very high profit margin on them. These options include:
A GPS tracking system (Lojack)
Crystal Fusion Windshield Treatment (RainX)
Door edge protectors
24 hour roadside assistance

I mentioned that I wasn't interested in Lojack since my vehicles will have Sync, don't like RainX, don't need door edge protection and Ford offers 3year/36k mile roadside assistance. The dealership sales manager and general manager told me to shop elsewhere as they would NOT remove the wasteful charging.

Be sure to know the charges before wasting your time with a dealership!!
Wow! That's the one that's really got me. :crazy: Roadside assistance comes with every new Ford. Damn, I could understand if they were offering it as part of a warranty package for their used vehicles... but wow. :doh:

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Dealers go with the odds. Odds being that the majority of their customers walk in uneducated, and looking for the lowest monthly payment. With those folks they can tack anything on they want unbeknownst to the customer. Mustang, Corvette, Camaro,
and Challenger buyers are generally more educated about the car they are buying than the dealer, and the sale guy. We are few so many dealers really don't care if we walk. They make more profits off the stupid.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Gary Smith Ford in Fort Walton Beach is the same. They pinstripe EVERY fuggin car on their lot and then tack on a $1K upcharge for "appearance package". I special ordered my Mustang from Military Auto Source and had it delivered to Gary Smith, and those ass hats pinstriped my Mustang! LOL...I told the sales rep to take that crap off my car and don't touch anything else. I swear to God he tried to convince me that 1980's pin-striping made the cars look better.

Also, since I own a Toyota that's pre-owned certified I got to Toyota for my services. Walking their lot one day I noticed they have ADM on EVERY DAMN CAR! From the baseline Corolla to the souped-up Tundra...every single car, by at least $1500 and up.
Every single Honda/Acura dealer does this, granted they typically add things you would normally get like tint, all weather mats, window deflectors etc but its there and gets added to every new car on the lot. You pretty much have to catch the car as it rolls off the delivery truck if you dont want all that extra stuff on it.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Yeah, but a 2015 isn't a new car. If it was a 2017 used, I could have gotten a lot lower rate, but 5.59% is the lowest Navy Fed offers on a car that's three years old. Their rates are based on credit score and length of the loan. I qualified for their best rates, but if I wanted to go lower (4.2), I would have had to finance for 36 months or less. If It was a new or "late model" used car with less than 30k miles (2017-2019), it would have been at 2.59%.
Have you shopped the interest rate around? You don't have to use NavyFed...in fact I'd look elsewhere for better rates. Hell, USAA is 3.79 for used up to 72 months.

Sponsored

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Have you shopped the interest rate around? You don't have to use NavyFed...in fact I'd look elsewhere for better rates. Hell, USAA is 3.79 for used up to 72 months.
Yep, as soon as you drop out of their "excellent" bracket and into "good" that rate jumps up to 6.5%.

5.59 is a good rate... 11.9 is getting ripped off.

I could have picked up a better deal had I waited and bought a 2017, but I really liked the 50th anniversary appearance package and this car was very well maintained and low miles, plus it had all the options I wanted.

Litenin75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT/CS
Gary Smith Ford in Fort Walton Beach is the same. They pinstripe EVERY fuggin car on their lot and then tack on a $1K upcharge for "appearance package". I special ordered my Mustang from Military Auto Source and had it delivered to Gary Smith, and those ass hats pinstriped my Mustang! LOL...I told the sales rep to take that crap off my car and don't touch anything else. I swear to God he tried to convince me that 1980's pin-striping made the cars look better.

Also, since I own a Toyota that's pre-owned certified I got to Toyota for my services. Walking their lot one day I noticed they have ADM on EVERY DAMN CAR! From the baseline Corolla to the souped-up Tundra...every single car, by at least $1500 and up.
They are also rude as F***. Went in there once to look at an Edge for the wife and wanted them to see if they could find a mustang like I wanted. They wouldn't search for anything unless we bought an Edge first. Arrogant assholes is a good description. My brother went in to look at a Focus and was ready to pay cash. They wouldn't even talk about a price until they got his info and ran his credit. He said "I'm paying cash". They wouldn't budge until he gave up his info. Needless to say they haven't sold a single car to my family and never will.

Kessler1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I got mine at Sarasota Ford. Very easy to deal with since I negotiated through text/email before I picked up the car. They had dealer installed options which usually drive me nuts, but they turned out to be good options (window tint, 3m on the front bumper for rock chips, and a few other things) and that was only $800

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Ok wel i have experience with Brandon Ford, Bill Currie and Barton Ford all mentioned here. I also bought from Gator Ford.

Let me start off with Brandon Ford. Got my first F150 from them in 2010. A Screw Fx2. Loved that truck. Pleasant to work with. I wanted a Scab but they were willing to get me one but made me a deal on a Screw and couldn’t refuse. I first went and Saw Bartow Ford and we were not able to make a deal. They were pleasant to work with though. But i got a better truck with the options I wanted for a better deal at Brandon. But I’d work with them again as they tried to make a deal. Smaller dealer so i understand.

2013 wanted a 5.0 in my truck. The 3V 4.6 was a solid engine though. Went to Gator Ford and traded for my payoff for the FX2 and got a Screw XLT. Not as nice inside as the FX2 but i wanted a more bare bones truck.

2014 found out i was getting transferred to the PAcific NW. wanted a 4x4. So i knew i was gonna eat some on the trade but being it’s FL it’s easier to get rid of a 4x2. I knew what I wanted. A Screw STX in Blue Flame metallic. Bill currie was the only one with it. I decided to go in and check it out. I’m sure i could have done a dealer trade being I really liked working with Gator Ford. But anyways made a deal actually didn’t eat much on the trade as it was in imaculate condition and i walked away a few times even though i wanted that exact truck. But i had them work deals on several trucks so they didn’t know. Plus i brought in quotes from other dealers. Anyways sometimes dealers suck sometimes they don’t. They have been in business a long time so I am sure they make deals. Not sure why they turned down even attempting to work with you. There loss though. But i wanted to offer my input as i used several of these dealers where you are looking. Also Gator Ford is mainly truck sales unless it changed in 3 years that’s I last lived there.

Anyways good luck. But Brandon Ford and Bartow both were great to work with. Try Gator Ford though as they were too and you want a truck so maybe they can work a deal on a car too.
Sponsored