OP
OP

RMoore13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary LE #1711
A couple of other things...

First, I think you could dial back the vitriol a bit Mustang1260. I'm not sure who your rant was aimed at but assuming it was me I think the implication that I'm a "FU*KING idiot" or "moron" is a bit much.

Second, my speculation that the "upgrades" or "improvements" or "mods" I've done won't negatively affect the resale value of my car is based on the premise of trying to sell it in one, two, maybe five years. In other words, if in a few years my car with a Ford Performance Power Pack 2 and FP catback exhaust is for sale, and another LE in similar condition but without those "mods" is for sale, will mine be worth less? I would argue no, and in fact would bet it would command a bit of a premium over the other one. I could be dead wrong, who knows, but again that's not why I made the changes. I did them to increase my enjoyment of the car while I own it.

If you are correct that in 40 years the owner of my car will be pissed that he or she is having trouble finding the original parts (which won't be my fault by the way, since I have them and will give them to whomever I sell to,) then I guess all I can say is a) good for us for buying a car that will be collectible in 40 years, and b) I probably won't be around to give a sh*t!
Sponsored