Sponsored

Nav fetures on 2018 GT 401A package

jay gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2000 Camaro Z28, 2010 Challanger RT Classic
This may seem a silly question to some but in my past 2 experiences it helped.
Is there a feature for compass and longitude and latitude.
My past true 2 experiences were,
1 - I had to chase a car that was fleeing the scene of an accident. I got on my blue tooth l phone and dialed 911. I gave the dispatcher my long. & lat. that she relayed to a deputy sheriff who then intercepted the fleeing vehicle
2- Was when some folks broke down with injuries in a remote forested area and fortunately for them still had cell phone service. They gave coordinates from their nav. system and were rescued.
Sponsored

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
3. Trying to get rid of a rotting corpse......

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
4. Trying to locate the buried barrels of money....

Does pressing "info" on NAV provide that information? the older Sync nav systems gave the current altitude and lat/long via " info

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
This may seem a silly question to some but in my past 2 experiences it helped.
Is there a feature for compass and longitude and latitude.
My past true 2 experiences were,
1 - I had to chase a car that was fleeing the scene of an accident. I got on my blue tooth l phone and dialed 911. I gave the dispatcher my long. & lat. that she relayed to a deputy sheriff who then intercepted the fleeing vehicle
2- Was when some folks broke down with injuries in a remote forested area and fortunately for them still had cell phone service. They gave coordinates from their nav. system and were rescued.
Yes, there are GPS coordinates with the NAV system.

There is no automated OnStar/911 emergency system in the Mustangs, like there is in the Corvette, etc.

Lastly, what does your points have to do with your questions. In both cases above (both 1 & 2) someone had their cell phone. Your questions, ends there.

OP
OP
jay gee

jay gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, there are GPS coordinates with the NAV system.

There is no automated OnStar/911 emergency system in the Mustangs, like there is in the Corvette, etc.

Lastly, what does your points have to do with your questions. In both cases above (both 1 & 2) someone had their cell phone. Your questions, ends there.
If there are coordinates in he Nav please explain where

As far as having cell phones

In the first case I was the pursuing party on a rural back road with no named cross road for reference. I was giving coordinates to the dispatcher as I was traveling.

In the second case folks went off the road in a wilderness area covered with many unnamed / unmarked roads. First thing they were asked was if the could access their nav compass. Cell service was sketchy

Of all the cars we've owned lately. 2010 Toyota Highlander, 2010 Dodge Challenger, coordinates were part of their nav systems.

I'm only asking in case I missed something in my Mustangs features
I wish it was available for emergencies, responders have

Sponsored

Deleted member 33561

"Yes, there are GPS coordinates with the NAV system."

Where?

"There is no automated OnStar/911 emergency system in the Mustangs, like there is in the Corvette, etc."

My Mustang does attempt to call 911 in case of a crash. It also lets you input two other emergency phone numbers to call.

Last edited by a moderator:

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
^You can enter destination coordinates as lat/long so I would guess somewhere one would be able to see current lat/long on a screen. I don't have a need for this and have never looked around for those so don't take my word.

Deleted member 33561

Also with Sync 3 and the "Ford Pass" app I can track my cars location anytime.

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Yes, but that has nothing to do with what the OP is looking for. You could be off-the-grid map-wise and those lat/long coordinates would save you a bunch of confusion.

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
If you have a phone that can connect bluetooth, then it should be able to access some sort of an app store and download a compass app that'll provide you what you seek.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
If you have a phone that can connect bluetooth, then it should be able to access some sort of an app store and download a compass app that'll provide you what you seek.
Are there such apps? I find Sync 3 apps to be rather scarce.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The dude had a phone... which has GPS. (End of story!)

The fact he was in a car with navigation and wasn't using the Nav system's streets names, seems odd. And again, as for streets names, etc... any Nav system has that, so it sounds like OP is asking for a lojack on runaway cars that people are chasing.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Ford's have "SOS Post Crash Alert System". You need to turn it on, and have a cell phone and it will dial automatically. And yes, it does work.

OP
OP
jay gee

jay gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dude had a phone... which has GPS. (End of story!)

The fact he was in a car with navigation and wasn't using the Nav system's streets names, seems odd. And again, as for streets names, etc... any Nav system has that, so it sounds like OP is asking for a lojack on runaway cars that people are chasing.
In the case of the car I was pursuing, I was on my blue tooth cell phone with dispatch in a 2010 Dodge Challenger. The back roads we were on came up on the screen as route #s and the few side roads didn't come up with names or route #s. If the fleeing vehicle had tuned down any of them I couldn't tell dispatch which one if I hadn't had the compass feature. Or think about if it were you broke down and there eren't any street names.

In the other case, the accident victim in a wilderness area called 911 but couldn't say exactly where he was. We asked if he had nav. he did, we suggested he look for a compass feature with lat. & long. settings. He did. And that's how he was found. His signal went out just after giving the coordinates.

Possibly for most here they live in populated areas. For the rest of us., we live in mostly rural areas with lots of wilderness areas that have lots of unnamed county & logging roads.

What good is it to call for help if you can't say where you are.

Yea you could easily dump a body and it wouldn't be found until some hunter comes upon it years later.
Sponsored