Sponsored

Orange Fury 2018 GT PP2 vs PP1 Comparison with Photos!

OP
OP
CJ Pony

CJ Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Too many to count!
Maybe I'll drive down there. I'm in Laplata, but that dealership is probably only 45 minutes south. I'm also a creature comfort type...I'm getting old. lol. When I want raw fun, I drive my fox. When it's not broken.

But yeah I ended up getting an 18GT with the 401a package a few weeks ago rather than wait to get a PP2 car. I wouldn't mind checking one out though, just to see what it's all about. For the comparison pics, there are a few of us in the area with 18GT PP's, probably could have linked up with one of us for a comparison photo shoot.
Not a long drive at all! I grew up outside Frederick, so I'm quite familiar with the DC/Metro area. Although, I'm sure you're patient, a more local dealer will have one available soon.

You won't be disappointed with the PP1. I know I'm not on my 2015. Just cool to be able to see some of the improvements made with the PP2.

The PP2 steering difference from what I have been able to discern from multiple articles, forums, etc. is that Ford has done something with the As Built code for the steering. The rack (or components) have not been revised between the GT, PP1 or PP2.

I’m sure the Forscan guys can probably figure out the differences if someone would post up a PP2 VIN for them to research and compare the As Built datasets.
If it helps, the VIN for this car is: 1FA6P8CF9J5159145

IMO, it seems that Ford chose that offset for a wider, more balanced stance for those who will use the car to its potential on a road course or AutoX events.

Anyone who knows Automotive history, remembers the 1955-1960 era and Pontiac’s “Wide Track” incorporated into their model line up and again reintroduced when the modern GTO and G8 came about:

wider track = better handling and better center of gravity when pushing the vehicle into and out of curves.

The PP2 probably outhandles a PP1 because of it’s wide stance created by the rim offset.
Of course! There's no doubt that it all boils down to how much rubber is meeting the asphalt, and there's only one way to fit wheels that wide while meeting all the specs/regulations that Ford has to meet.

Like I said, I don't abhor these wheels. The offset isn't 'hideous' or 'horrible' either. But, I know I would be nervous to drive this car regularly or daily with an offset that aggressive and tires that sticky - going the pepper the crap out of the paint.

It was insane how much gravel and junk they were picking up and throwing in the wheel wells just driving through the parking lot.
Sponsored

Draxarious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Damn that car looks amazing! I can’t wait for my PP2 to arrive!