Sponsored

Detailing shops - St Pete/clw -- recommendation?

Sally15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium MT-82 PP; black/black.
Black car, 3 years old. I tried to keep up, but with my hours..

Need polishing. Some light scratches. One guy wants 200, the other said a 49 dollar clay bar. Don't have time to attempt myself. Any one you recommend and or what prices generally are fair?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

SnakeAndSteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I detail cars. Maybe you could post some pics of the paint condition and the swirls and scratches. Black is a FULL TIME JOB, that being said, once you get the paint corrected you will need to know how to maintain it without it ending up in the same condition again.

A clay bar won't do anything for scratches or swirls, in fact, using a clay bar can/will introduce some some micro-marring, especially on black paint. Your best bet would be to find someone who will do an All In One (compound, polish and protect) in one step. That is what I do for customers. If you have any questions, pm me.
rtquarter.jpg
tn_hood.jpg

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I detail cars. Maybe you could post some pics of the paint condition and the swirls and scratches. Black is a FULL TIME JOB, that being said, once you get the paint corrected you will need to know how to maintain it without it ending up in the same condition again.

A clay bar won't do anything for scratches or swirls, in fact, using a clay bar can/will introduce some some micro-marring, especially on black paint. Your best bet would be to find someone who will do an All In One (compound, polish and protect) in one step. That is what I do for customers. If you have any questions, pm me.
What he said.

Your car looks awesome, some serious time and car in that finish!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
What are you using to polish? As in what pads and products?

SnakeAndSteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
What are you using to polish? As in what pads and products?
For the polishing step I used a Yellow Rupes Pad with Sonax 04-06 EX

For Wax, I applied Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant with a Red Griot's BOSS wax pad

Then I applied Wolfgang Fuzion by hand.
Sponsored