Sponsored

[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
VMP also tunes for 18 manifold, lockouts or imrc enabled.
Sponsored

raptorgabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I had aed on my 14 and Shaun is awesome ! I hate the x4 it’s a piece of shit so that’s why I have lund with the n gauge ! Won’t be disappointed either way though !

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
just ordered the intake from Beefcake(hopefully he still had 1 in stock). Now gotta get a new tune and the Y connector on order. Don't know which tuner to go with.

Last edited:

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
I'm going with AED as he said he tunes for the 18 with both lockouts and IMRCs active. I currently have a PBD tune and haven't been too impressed with it so going back to AED which has always been awesome in the past for me.
Yeah I've been leaning more towards choosing AED lately as hear they're also better with tuning for the GT350 throttle body, which is also sitting out in the garage next to this manifold waiting to be installed at the same time.

Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
is everyone running their tb with the 2018 manifold?

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you wind up going to the track?
Bill,

not til Saturday. Gainesville is doing a TNT at 5. I figured better go ahead and order one now while they are cheap and Beefcake told me he had some in stock.

kwikS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
is everyone running their tb with the 2018 manifold?
I'm running a GT350 throttle body with an adapter plate (the one that came with the PP2 kit) that I ported to transition smoothly to the 2018 manifold. Lund tuned for it and it seems to be working perfect so far.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You consider rob shoemaker or ken at PBD?
Prob gonna go with Tony @ Tuners INC. Its across from Hurricane Performance (like 300 feet away). Talked to him when the f150 mani was going on. He recommended locking the IMRC's when getting the 2018 manifold.

Sponsored

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
you wont be disappointed with tony either, hes done by buddies 14 mustang and it just runs plane hard as hell. thinking about doing a ported 18 intake, was going to go with a ported boss but for the money this may be a no brainer.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Prob gonna go with Tony @ Tuners INC. Its across from Hurricane Performance (like 300 feet away). Talked to him when the f150 mani was going on. He recommended locking the IMRC's when getting the 2018 manifold.
I'm going to talk to Torrie here in St. Aug, he did my existing tune, it's unbelievable the difference over stock - see if he's interested in knocking around with something for this IM.

Side note: I think I'm going to use Hurricane to do my header install (unless I can coerce someone to do it on my driveway :D)

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to talk to Torrie here in St. Aug, he did my existing tune, it's unbelievable the difference over stock - see if he's interested in knocking around with something for this IM.

Side note: I think I'm going to use Hurricane to do my header install (unless I can coerce someone to do it on my driveway :D)
they did my header install. great job & did not over charge me. I knew I was in the right place when arrived. Mustangs everywhere!

5.0dad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Should recieve my 18' IM today, going to install next week, Will be Lund tuned w/ imrc's locked out. My question is who else is N/A that's done the swap, trying to get my head wrapped around vacumm routing. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

SoFloEco

5 Liters of Love!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime HPP Ecoboost Mustang
Should recieve my 18' IM today, going to install next week, Will be Lund tuned w/ imrc's locked out. My question is who else is N/A that's done the swap, trying to get my head wrapped around vacumm routing. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
I'm with you on the vacuum routing, 5.0dad. The pics are good, as far as they go, but a diagram or sort of simple schematic would help immeasurably, no?
Sponsored