Sponsored

Top Fender Exit Exhaust? (Not Downpipes)

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Thanks!! And I have a pipe plug for the pipe if it rains or ill just pull over somewhere, no biggie.
Just saw you were in DFW. Definitely makes for a unique install and would love to hear/see it in person sometime. I'll be watching for you at some local meets. Also, if you're on FB there are several local Mustang Groups you should join as well.
Sponsored

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Awesome! Post it up! You like it so far?

OP
OP

johnny.3sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Awesome! Post it up! You like it so far?
I love it! No drone, quiet with the windows up and quiet when I’m at cruising speed — I can still have a conversation with the passenger. It’s only loud when I get on it. Downshifts sounds amazing as well.

I data logged today for Lund, it SCREAMS at high RPM lol I’ll try to figure out a way to mount my phone.

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Haha, dude you're insane.
Definitely unique though

Sponsored

OP
OP

johnny.3sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So I tried taping my phone to my roll cage and drive to meet my girlfriend and her friends for breakfast — that didn’t work too well lol the phone just moved way too much.

It’ll just have to be use my phone mount and make it a sound video. All you’ll see is the media console

OP
OP

johnny.3sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Test Footage

So I couldn’t find a better way to mount the phone, because holding the phone while driving sketches me out. Also, after reviewing the videos while waiting in the parklot — the camera doesn’t do it justice. I’ll need a GoPro for the sound quality. Again, sorry about the shitty quality and shakiness — my phone was taped to my roll cage.

Here’s the originals footage I was talking about in last post heading to Dallas leaving from my apartment. It’s just light cruising, driving normally. So shifting around 3,000 - 3,500k RPM. towards the end, you can hear me go half throttle in 3rd or 4th gear (can’t remember) merging onto the Tollway. I didn’t take it very high. There were a lot of cars on the road surprisingly for a Sunday.

Then this video is that sound clip I was telling y’all about, it’s 4th gear at half throttle trying to get into the right lane for my exit.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Though I appreciate the fab work that went into the project and how clean it is...reminds me too much of the Honda crowd and the exhaust pipes coming out of every spot possible. Plus the sound just isn't there at the lower RPM's. Maybe a better quality vid but it does sound like an old truck.

OP
OP

johnny.3sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Me and my buddy with the GoPro are going out tomorrow night, he wants footage of the exhaust at WOT to finish the rest of the video. Once that’s done — i’ll upload it for you guys!

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Drive-by video from outside the car would be awesome! :D

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Sounds decent. I am sure is sounds different outside of the car.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'm thinking about a project where I run the exhaust into the interior for maximum sound experience. I'll just need to wear one of these while I'm driving:
813859_pict1_sm.jpg

OP
OP

johnny.3sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’ll try to get one of my buddies to record from the outside while I do a drive-by for you guys!

OP
OP

johnny.3sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm thinking about a project where I run the exhaust into the interior for maximum sound experience. I'll just need to wear one of these while I'm driving:
That’s what I’m talking about! Go big or go home, right? Hahaha
Sponsored