Sponsored

Remote start manual conversion out yet?

Jonahbonah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Hey guys.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any companies that released a remote start kit for the manual ecoboost. The last thread I saw about this was from 2015 and no one had released one yet. Obviously I wouldn't remote start it while in gear. Just thought it'd be nice to have one to warm up the car on those cold mornings before work!
Sponsored

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
Hey guys.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any companies that released a remote start kit for the manual ecoboost. The last thread I saw about this was from 2015 and no one had released one yet. Obviously I wouldn't remote start it while in gear. Just thought it'd be nice to have one to warm up the car on those cold mornings before work!
there will never be a "kit" out ..The reason being is all the bypass modules turn on the factory remote start option in the bcm... this causes the bcm to freak out on manuals and start flashing the interior lights..

Ive done a couple remote starts on these cars and it takes knowledge and patience. If you arent good at 12 volt installation, i wouldnt suggest tackling it.

OP
OP
Jonahbonah

Jonahbonah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Gotcha. So do you think this is something a shop would do, or probably not since it's not the norm?

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
Gotcha. So do you think this is something a shop would do, or probably not since it's not the norm?
not sure.... its actually pretty simple to do once you know whats involved....

basically you need a blank 128 bit key..... get it programmed to the car like a 3rd key.... need a system like a directed 4x10 system that has programmable outputs.... you need a PTS - signal and a PTS + signal..... a - out for the clutch wire.... the 4x10 has a manual mode so its foolproof...cant start it in gear.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
not sure.... its actually pretty simple to do once you know whats involved....

basically you need a blank 128 bit key..... get it programmed to the car like a 3rd key.... need a system like a directed 4x10 system that has programmable outputs.... you need a PTS - signal and a PTS + signal..... a - out for the clutch wire.... the 4x10 has a manual mode so its foolproof...cant start it in gear.
Anyone know if things have improved to a plug and play system? An extra key? Does that mean you never truly have a secure car after the install?

Sponsored

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
All of the professional installers I do business with will refuse to put a remote starter in any manual transmission car. They don’t want to chance any liability when someone inevitably hits the remote button while their car is left in gear and they forgot to set the parking brake...

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
All of the professional installers I do business with will refuse to put a remote starter in any manual transmission car. They don’t want to chance any liability when someone inevitably hits the remote button while their car is left in gear and they forgot to set the parking brake...
Parking brake doesn’t work as a “safety” anyway. The starter is strong enough to turn past the parking brake. Don’t ask how I know this (lol)

You need a true neutral position switch to safely add a remote start to any manual transmission. Do our cars have this? My WRX has one and I wired up the remote start so that it uses the neutral switch and parking brake as safeties (as well as the usual hood pin switch too). What does the manual mode on the DEI systems give you?

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Parking brake doesn’t work as a “safety” anyway. The starter is strong enough to turn past the parking brake. Don’t ask how I know this (lol)

You need a true neutral position switch to safely add a remote start to any manual transmission. Do our cars have this? My WRX has one and I wired up the remote start so that it uses the neutral switch and parking brake as safeties (as well as the usual hood pin switch too). What does the manual mode on the DEI systems give you?
No, you do not need a neutral switch. To use a manual, you have to set park brake, start car with remote, get out of car, lock car, shut off engine. This configuration allows fot a remote start. If you unlock car first you can not remote start the car.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, you do not need a neutral switch. To use a manual, you have to set park brake, start car with remote, get out of car, lock car, shut off engine. This configuration allows fot a remote start. If you unlock car first you can not remote start the car.
I just got. $400 quote for the job. I would rather a plug and play DIY situation though.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Ahh that makes sense. Seems like a PITA to do all the time, though. I'd rather get a solution using a neutral switch like what my Subi has (if our cars don't have a factory one, which I don't think they do).

I mostly want remote start just to pre-warm the engine so I can get in and take off. I'm not a very patient person but I also like to let the revs come down before taking off. :D

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I just got. $400 quote for the job. I would rather a plug and play DIY situation though.
Is the $400 a solution using the factory remote, or is it an aftermarket remote start?
Sponsored