Hp 6r80 clutches an take forced induction

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Has anyone had their clutches in transmission start to slip after adding blower? If so what were the symptoms?
Sponsored

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
No problems with mine so far and I have a tons of passes on mine .. My guess would be the first thing you would see would be a drop in MPH at the track ..Other than that you could drop the pan and see how much clutch dust there is at the bottom of the pan ..

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
the tune is super important to the life of the 6R80 with boost.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
My car is making 780 to the wheels and after a pulley change from 3.6 to 3.48 the log looks funny when it goes to third gear. I need to figure out what transmissions PIDs to log that might help determine if third gear clutches are slipping.

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I didn't really have any signs of weakening on mine, but it was the shaft that let go for me

16TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium/Auto, Oxford/Redline
Mine is a turbo car but when my trans was stock I began having very inconsistent shifts while under power at the track. It would sporadically pause/delay between the shifts, which got progressively worse. I dealt with this for 3 separate trips to the track (approximately 15 passes) until the intermediate shaft broke while driving on the street about a week after my last track outing (the telltale sign of the shaft breaking is the loss of the top 3 gears-still able to drive the car in the lower gears). Upon taking trans apart, my clutches were all burnt, in addition to the broken shaft. So i would say the shifting delays I was experiencing was from the horsepower blowing through the stock clutches, eventually scorching them.
Sponsored