Sponsored

CD Player in 2019 ?

youra6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Evo VIII RS, 2018 Mustang GT
Uncompressed FTW.

Just kidding, this is car audio we are talking about, not some high end audio.
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
The only time I used the CD was to tune my sub amplifier.
I think it was a 60 tone to set the output.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Spotify, no need to buy CDs, or rip them in MP3s and USB drives.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I'm guessing most of you guys probably never had 8 tracks either. Nothing more enjoyable than your tune getting interrupted right in the middle of that favorite guitar solo while it switched tracks. Cassettes were a God send. CD's opened up a whole new level of listening pleasure.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I'm guessing most of you guys probably never had 8 tracks either. Nothing more enjoyable than your tune getting interrupted right in the middle of that favorite guitar solo while it switched tracks. Cassettes were a God send. CD's opened up a whole new level of listening pleasure.
I still listen to records too....but those 8 tracks were the bomb back in the day. My first was Aerosmith Rocks. The satellite streams suck, my Amazon or any other streaming source sounds better than Sirius XM. Have a play list for cruising or just select death metal or whatever for genre on the stream, or favorite group and let her roll.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Here is your solution

15-06-03-HDB-Philips-01s-700x504.jpg

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I've done all that my friend. But, there are times I like to listen to varied music of certain style that could be found in different genres. That's when I grab a CD with the type I'm in the mood for. It's hard to get that from a USB with 800 songs. I hope I explained it in a way that makes sense.
I think you can sort/shuffle by genre via the ID3 tags. At least, I'm 99% sure the gen1 Sync on my 2013 GT could.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I still listen to records too....but those 8 tracks were the bomb back in the day. My first was Aerosmith Rocks. The satellite streams suck, my Amazon or any other streaming source sounds better than Sirius XM. Have a play list for cruising or just select death metal or whatever for genre on the stream, or favorite group and let her roll.
Aerosmith Rocks. That brings back some memories. Last Child was probably my favorite tune on that album.

Makes me think about my first car. '74 Vega hatchback with a badass stereo and BIC Venturi box speakers laying in the back. I had 50' of speaker wire running to them so we could take them out of the car.

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
What is a CD?

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
God how I just love mental midgets who can't see beyond their own noses ( no one here of course).

I have hundreds of books on cds I use on long road trips and the library loans even more. Those are a supreme pain to rip because book cds have hundreds of tracks..... I'm guessing many may not be aware of what a book is.

A retired friend and his wife do charity work- driving cancer patients to chemo therapy treatments. Tbey have a huge audio library..major classical and opera fans who also spend thousands of $$ to get pit tickets whenever the Rolling Stones come to California. Their catalogue of music is huge.

Off their bedroom is a walk in closet they call the black hole--totally shelved holding over 8000 CDs at their last count. Yeah like they are gonna rip all of those.. . One of their kindnesses in driving "their" cancer patients is asking what music the person would like to listen to (country, rock, opera, jazz, classical) and grabbing the appropriate CD.

Just because you don't have a use for something doesn't mean others have the same mental limitation.

So yeah, having a cd player in their car still has value to some.

Last edited:

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
God how I just love mental midgets who can't see beyond their own noses ( no one here of course).
Kind of like then mental midgets who think the world should revolve around their antediluvian choice in music media (likewise, I'm sure).

A lot of kindly souls also had libraries full of music cassettes and books on tape. It's an economics question. Once your music media of choice falls a certain distance outside the mainstream it's not worth it for the manufacturer to put one in a car. Too bad, so sad.

Audiobooks are no big deal. 8000 CDs is a lot but I have 4000. All ripped, now in crates in the basement. The time spent ripping is nothing compared to the time and effort of dealing with that much physical media. Do your friends a favor and tell them to rip the stupid things so they can stop wasting their lives managing all that.

Think how much more of their time they can spend doing kind things when they can just say "Play playlist John Doe" or "Play genre Rock" instead of shuffling all those CDs.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Duh! Cocoa/cookie dispenser.
I see what you did there ;)
the-santa-clause-CD.jpg

I will say in my opinion, the uncompressed CD audio does sound better even in the Mustang than an MP3 or Bluetooth audio does. My iTunes m4a files directly wired into CarPlay sounds just about as good as CD though to me.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
Maybe, but it only plays 45's. It needs to play 33's also. That is cool though.
Bet that baby skips on every expansion joint driving down the highway.
Sponsored