Sponsored

Update: 2019 Bullitt Mustang Order Banks Open, 480 Horsepower, Starts at $46,595 MSRP

MoBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Sorry Eric ,
Bad news, it is not going to happen. Just a mental fantasy for some.
Ford has some 3 thousand dealership agreements upon which its entire business model is set up.
Means nothing. Things evolve. I could easily see a day where you could buy a Ford online. If I could do it right now, I would hit the order button on a Bullitt.
Sponsored

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Means nothing. Things evolve. I could easily see a day where you could buy a Ford online. If I could do it right now, I would hit the order button on a Bullitt.
And the screen would state, “sorry, the Mustang Bullitt you ordered is not currently available”:lol:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I am not surprised some dealers are asking for ADMs . It always happens with a new model. However, there will be dealers selling at MSRP for patient buyers.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Canada...??

Saw the Bullitt yesterday at the Vancouver show! Very nice!! But a Ford rep who's job is touring with this "concept car" says it will be crushed!! It is not equipped with any safety items at all! It's basically a shell with a hand assembled interior. They will strip all parts and crunch the shell! This one was base/clear and perfect paint...he reminded me, this is not a production vehicle at all!!

He also predicts the Canadian base will be $70G's!! He Buddy at Head Office is saying more like $65G's!! ...ONLY SOLD AT SVT dealers and allocated! There will be very few for the Canadian Market....and a big YES..without a doubt, there will be dealer ADM!! he knows of a few where the buyer has already plunked down $100G's and say..."Just get me one" it's gonna be a crazy ride guys!!!! So it's not just an option code....it is a limited production in Numbers!!!

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
But a Ford rep who's job is touring with this "concept car" says it will be crushed!! It is not equipped with any safety items at all! It's basically a shell with a hand assembled interior. They will strip all parts and crunch the shell! This one was base/clear and perfect paint...he reminded me, this is not a production vehicle at all!!
In 2015 I met John Clor at a Mustang show hosted by a SAAC club. He told a story of the 2008 Bullitt. The original test mule was painted red, not HG, in order to hide it from prying eyes.

At that time he said the car had not yet been crushed. Although it could not be titled as it had no VIN, Clor was campaigning for Ford to give the car away to the MCA or a Bullitt club with the caveat that it only remained a show car and never driven. He felt that it would a significant car to preserve.

Never did hear if that ever happened.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Saw the Bullitt yesterday at the Vancouver show! Very nice!! But a Ford rep who's job is touring with this "concept car" says it will be crushed!! It is not equipped with any safety items at all! It's basically a shell with a hand assembled interior. They will strip all parts and crunch the shell!
I call BS. These pre production cars are built full spec on the regular production line. The only correct thing he said is that most of them will be disassembled after the introduction.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I call BS. These pre production cars are built full spec on the regular production line. The only correct thing he said is that most of them will be disassembled after the introduction.
That is not necessarily the case.

I have been in more than a few Mplate vehicles that have inert airbags.

Cars have different purposes, so various aspects of them may be live for various reasons.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Saw the Bullitt yesterday at the Vancouver show! Very nice!! But a Ford rep who's job is touring with this "concept car" says it will be crushed!! It is not equipped with any safety items at all! It's basically a shell with a hand assembled interior. They will strip all parts and crunch the shell! This one was base/clear and perfect paint...he reminded me, this is not a production vehicle at all!!

He also predicts the Canadian base will be $70G's!! He Buddy at Head Office is saying more like $65G's!! ...ONLY SOLD AT SVT dealers and allocated! There will be very few for the Canadian Market....and a big YES..without a doubt, there will be dealer ADM!! he knows of a few where the buyer has already plunked down $100G's and say..."Just get me one" it's gonna be a crazy ride guys!!!! So it's not just an option code....it is a limited production in Numbers!!!
:doh:

The only thing limiting the Bullitt's production, is the amount of engines they can make.

There is nothing special about the Bullitt's production that is limited, or time consuming. It easier to make/assemble than a regular GT, because it has less parts.

ADM will be for the impatient People who can't wait, & need their car yesterday. Ford can make 8k of these a year, so expect the first 500 to probably be "marked-up" by dealers who prey on tryhards who have money.

Expect about 12k Bullitt's on the road... over the next 2-years.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
:doh:

The only thing limiting the Bullitt's production, is the amount of engines they can make.
I don't think even that should be a limiting factor, as the assembly process isn't something that would go on a niche line. The open air element box should go on at FRAP.

Expect about 12k Bullitt's on the road... over the next 2-years.
With this I agree, especially because there is volume outside of North America.

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Just repeating what the Ford Canada rep said!! They wouldn't open the hood as it was not even powered by the Bullitt engine! He has toured with some cars that basically had little more than a lawn mower engine...just enough to manover!

Has anyone "ACTUALLY" seen these Show cars with their hood up???? I'll bet not! :cheers:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Has anyone "ACTUALLY" seen these Show cars with their hood up???? I'll bet not! :cheers:
Yes, there's a thread in this subforum with photos of TT018 with it's hood up.

1966 2+2 289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
supercharged V8 Jaguar
Allocation of Bullitt

So How many Bullitt cars will Ford build. I have no inside information but just look at Ford motor company sales figures. The number of cars sold is down every year for 5 years. The only positive numbers are for trucks and SUVs. In fact Mustang sales are down 40% form 2016. The company needs to sell more cars. If the Flat Rock factory has the capacity to build 1000 Bullitts per month, Ford will build them and sell them. We the fans of the Mustang sweat the availability of the cars we lust for, but the rest of the world wants an SUV. Ford finally has a sales winner, if I were running the Ford company I would buy green paint by the truck load.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Just repeating what the Ford Canada rep said!! They wouldn't open the hood as it was not even powered by the Bullitt engine! He has toured with some cars that basically had little more than a lawn mower engine...just enough to manover!

Yes. Me. Pics in thread.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100405

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
So How many Bullitt cars will Ford build. I have no inside information but just look at Ford motor company sales figures. The number of cars sold is down every year for 5 years. The only positive numbers are for trucks and SUVs. In fact Mustang sales are down 40% form 2016. The company needs to sell more cars. If the Flat Rock factory has the capacity to build 1000 Bullitts per month, Ford will build them and sell them. We the fans of the Mustang sweat the availability of the cars we lust for, but the rest of the world wants an SUV. Ford finally has a sales winner, if I were running the Ford company I would buy green paint by the truck load.
You make a very good point. That would explain the over the top press release Ford put out the other day. I don't seem to remember them doing quite as much with the other Bullitts. Anyone else think it was unusual to anounce the order banks being opened in a press release?
Sponsored