Sponsored

Reckless' Mustang driver hits 150 mph in chase, troopers back off

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If they had dash cam video - even though they said they could not read the plates, all they have to do now is match model year and exterior color to their DMV database and go find the owner.

Stupid of anyone these days to try to outrun the Police when nearly all Police vehicles are equipped with dash or mirror cams; if they back off, doesn’t mean they won’t find you later and footage won’t be deleted, they’ll save it for the court date...

The guy might as well offload the car, because they’ll certainly be looking for it. LOL

Stoughton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Bullitt
If they had dash cam video - even though they said they could not read the plates, all they have to do now is match model year and exterior color to their DMV database and go find the owner.
Unless it's really unique, you'd have a hell of a time proving that it was the same car w/o some other evidence like cell phone gps, etc.

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
At least we know the sweet spot for Troopers to stand down.

Reactions: DR_

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
At that speed by the time the trooper turned on his lights and pulled out, he would not have been anywhere close to the car.

Especially if the trooper was coming from the other direction and had to cross the median and turn around. If stationary facing the same direction, the trooper could have started to roll as soon as the radar/laser gave a speed, but even then, no way he was going to catch up to the mustang if the mustang did not slow down.

Imagine a roll race where whoever you are racing gets to start at 140 mph and you at zero. By the time you get to 150 the other car will be miles ahead.

Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Probably had to get home to water his weed.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Troopers reportedly did not continue the pursuit out of their safety concerns.

“It’s extremely reckless, especially with people who haven’t been trained to drive at those speeds,” Cooper told the publication. “I’ve seen a deer total a car before.”

WHAT???????

So a deer was driving????

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Not sure if I’m disgusted or amazed in his skill.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
He will be busted soon enough. Anyone that stupid will be stupid enough to post about it here shortly thinking he is concealed on the net.

Carbon Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Watch street racing videos on YouTube and you will see the cars regularly racing to 150mph. I don’t understand why people think 150mph on a straight deserted road is a big deal?

Sponsored

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
Watch street racing videos on YouTube and you will see the cars regularly racing to 150mph. I don’t understand why people think 150mph on a straight deserted road is a big deal?
Driving 150mph on any public road is foolish. Doesn't take long to come up on other vehicles on a deserted road when you are covering ground that fast.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I not saying it is a smart thing to do but where this guy was is pretty open road, speed limit is 75 and no one goes that slow, average is 85 and you see folks over that all the time. You could do 150 easy out there. I know exactly where this occurred.

As far as cops catching him, only if he goes public, the way cops stage out there it is unlikely they could ever identify them car enough to find this person. BTW the state and county police have huge areas to cover so to get two cops in one place out there would be a feat with only minutes to do so.

Once on I70 in Utah its 80 and going over 100 is easy with little traffic.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I'm surprised they didn't have something that could keep up with him or at least stay close. I guess they were all driving Tahoes.