Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
Meet Information:
Friday, April 6, 2018 @ 9:00 am
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
8010 SW Loop 820
Benbrook, TX 76126

*****I STRONGLY RECOMMEND PAINT PROTECTION*****

This route consists of narrow two-lane roads with no shoulders and countless gravel driveways. Without sufficient protection, your paint WILL BE DAMAGED.

We'll meet for breakfast at 9:00 and hit the road around 10:00-10:30. Please be fueled and ready to roll from Cracker Barrel.

From there, we'll hit I-20 west to TX-16 south. We'll stop for fuel at the Stripes station in Llano, and then head into Fredericksburg for the rest of the afternoon. We can eat dinner in Fredericksburg before heading into Kerrville for the night.

We will be staying at Inn of the Hills in Kerrville. I have ten rooms blocked at a group rate of $119 per night for a king or two queen beds. Ask for "Mustang6G" when you call the hotel at 830-217-3397 or toll free at 800-292-5690. I'll post up a link for online reservations early next week. Rooms will only be blocked until Friday, March 9, so reserve your room now! You will need a credit card to reserve the room, but the room will not be charged until the time of the stay.

Route map here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_ClWHhAb-68avHIop1w8USQX_Q4&usp=sharing

--------------------------------------------------

Saturday:

We can eat breakfast at the hotel (or elsewhere if preferred) at 9:00 am. We'll leave for the cruise around 10:00-10:30 am. We should finish the cruise around 3:00, and then we can find some other interesting things to do in the area (shopping, dining, photo ops, etc.)

Route map here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FukQVzHtAoDIGGlD6eCq5blemsU&usp=sharing

Sunday:
Sleep in; go home
We can do this as a group, or go our separate ways.

I'll keep this post updated with the latest info. Let's hope for a bigger group than last year.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I did this route weekend before last. It was pretty wet that day

The good news is the roads were about as rock-free as they get down there, which is to say not entirely rock free, but pretty good.

Its an amazing drive if anyone has not done it yet.

OP
OP
RobbieFrazier

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
Remember to reserve your rooms before Friday! I still don't have a link for online room reservations, so you'll need to call the hotel directly at 830-217-3397. Remember to ask for the Mustang6G rate. Check in FRIDAY, APRIL 6 and check out SUNDAY, APRIL 8.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Cruise

Mad props to organizing!

I would so love to go, but am down a motor currently. Doh.. lol

Having run around this area a decent bit, might I ask, instead of running straight to Kerrville from Fredricksburg, have you ever been thru:
Old SanAntonio road
Turn off at Luchenbach-Cain city cutoff to get over to Luchenbach
After photo op at Luckenbach, take creek road back west to cut thru along the creek back to Old Fred road
Down to Comfort and stop for photo op at old rail trestle over Guadalupe
473(Old Fred) at River Bend Rd, turn just past Cherokee Rose
Comfort to Kerrville can be lower creek road, or haul ass on interstate if needing to make time.

Some nice photo ops in their. Appologies if youve already been thru there, and you already have a plan organized.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RobbieFrazier

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
Mad props to organizing!

I would so love to go, but am down a motor currently. Doh.. lol

Some nice photo ops in their. Appologies if youve already been thru there, and you already have a plan organized.
Thanks for the recommendations. I padded with quite a bit of extra time to kill, so we'll probably check out the route. Wish you could join us.

Sponsored

Green Pepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks for the recommendations. I padded with quite a bit of extra time to kill, so we'll probably check out the route. Wish you could join us.
Not to beat a dead horse (mustang ;)) but I stumbled across this post because I plan to grand tour this vicinity in the near future. Only wish there was a team to join with me.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Going to spend a weekend out that way after the 22nd.
Likely stay in Llano and then day trip out from there round 3 sisters and back to Llano each day.
350 and a GTPP.
Aiming for a weekday to avoid the Sunday drivers that cross the double yellow on blind corners...
Sponsored