what is the going rate for a whipple or Roush install on a 15-18 GT

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
talked to a buddy who's a service advisor at a large ford dealership and he told me they charge 11 grand for a Roush stage 1 installed. I figured he was just shooting from the hip on the price so i stopped at my local ford Dealer and they want 11,500 for a stage 1 installed. is $3500 right for an install for these things the norm? to get a warranty it has to be installed by Ford or an ASE certified tech. I was figuring ford was my best option since the car is brand new and if they break the tabs in the front bumper cover during installation it's on them..

Can anybody recommend a GOOD shop in the Pacific Northwet that wont stick it up my butt. I want to have an installer lined up before i go 8 grand in debt for a blower setup
Sponsored

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
talked to a buddy who's a service advisor at a large ford dealership and he told me they charge 11 grand for a Roush stage 1 installed. I figured he was just shooting from the hip on the price so i stopped at my local ford Dealer and they want 11,500 for a stage 1 installed. is $3500 right for an install for these things the norm? to get a warranty it has to be installed by Ford or an ASE certified tech. I was figuring ford was my best option since the car is brand new and if they break the tabs in the front bumper cover during installation it's on them..

Can anybody recommend a GOOD shop in the Pacific Northwet that wont stick it up my butt. I want to have an installer lined up before i go 8 grand in debt for a blower setup[/QUOTE
PM Sent

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
My Roush Phase 2 was installed at a Roush Authorized Dealer in NJ for $9100 complete to give you an idea. So 9k to 10k is about right!

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2

Can anybody recommend a GOOD shop in the Pacific Northwet that wont stick it up my butt. I want to have an installer lined up before i go 8 grand in debt for a blower setup
Moral of the story here is to not buy a supercharger if you don’t have the cash for it. Financing mods is the worst idea ever

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I paid under $9K total, but that also included time on their dyno and their tune. (Never had the Roush tune).

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Figure it takes a good 6-9 hours (depending on tech proficiency) to install...$1500-$2500 in labor added to the cost of the kit and you are close to cost of project.

ob1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Orville
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I see that you are in Oregon.
I had Johnson Engine service in Salem install my headers.
Not cheap but done right!
They had told me they have done a whipple and other super charger installs before.
Personally if I was going to put a twin turbo kit on i would ship the car to Boost Works in Katy TX or a like business!

OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
Moral of the story here is to not buy a supercharger if you don’t have the cash for it. Financing mods is the worst idea ever
By saying in Debt i should have included I'm not financing the blower but i am going to hear about it from the wife until she feels she got $8000 worth of chic stuff to equal it out.. to me that's worse than a credit card debt..lol

OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
There is a place called RPM Northwest 50 miles away and they do this kind of thing. waiting on a ball park price from them on install and i am also researching them to see if they are a good honest shop. anybody ever hear of them?

https://www.rpmpnw.com/

Sponsored

foff667

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT Procharged D1X
I was quoted $1600 by vmp for a vmp tvs install which is essentially the same installation process. That was just install.

OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
I was quoted $1600 by vmp for a vmp tvs install which is essentially the same installation process. That was just install.
If i could get a local Ford dealership or an ASE certified shop to do it for that i'd be on that like a fat kid on a candy bar..

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Why not install it yourself and save a few $$$$?

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Why not install it yourself and save a few $$$$?
Yeah, if I would know then what I know now, I would've done it myself. So Bald Menace, bring your car over, I got the tools, well get some beer, maybe a couple bottles of Capt. Morgan, and we'll make it happen. Don't know if your car will ever run again, but hey, we'll have fun. :D
Sponsored