Sponsored

Recaro seats

Jgbecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor
Thoughts on recaros for the bullitt? Car will not be a DD (weekend mountain road driving) and I'm narrowly built. Loss of heated seats is no big deal to me. Wondering if people think it would impact resale to load up with options and not add the seats.
I know there other threads on the comfort of seats but looking for any new thoughts
Thx
Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I would get them 100%, I bet more cars will be built w/OUT them then with.

I don't think it would hurt resale at all with a higher MSRP....someone will buy it.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
If you are going to be driving aggressively at all, get the Recaros. The regular seats suck for performance.

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I had a 2014 GT for 9 months.... I decided one Friday that I wanted to test drive a 2015 Mustang GT...just for fun...to see if it was better than what I had...salesman points to a black 15 GT, says "That one has Recaros" I said "lets drive that one" Drove it around the block, and a few hours later, I had a new (new) Mustang at home...the seats were absolutely worth it...more than any other option, they are manual, but it's nice, real simple, quickly move them forward and back, no motors to fail, no issued...yes you miss out on heated/cooled, but no biggie...

I see Recaros rarely compared to everything else. The only downside, is that the seatbelt keeper on the side of the seat is useless and stupid. The regular seats, and the GT350 Recaros have a good seatbelt holder. Surprised nobody has come up with a solution for that...100% get them, they rock.

Clark Griswold

Food Additive Designer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Mustang
They are absolutely worth it! I love my Recaros. They are very comfortable to me.

In terms of resale, when I upgrade to a Bullitt in a few years I will definitely be looking for one that has them.

Sponsored

dean_acheson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Boss 302, 2019 Bullitt
I've had recaros in my last two cars and after having them sat in the standard seats and didn't like them at all. Once in the car, the Recaros are just a lovely place to be, and I think especially so on my lower back, which bugs me in a "softer" seat. The bolsters are especially good.

To me, the Recaros are way more important than Magnaride, which my Shelby has, and I can't really tell that big of a difference with. Of course, I'm a pretty ham handed driver.

I'm 5"11 and about 210.

OP
OP

Jgbecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor
Thanks for the quick responses. Very helpful. Think that's what my plan will be. Now need to see if x plan will be available.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Another +1 for the Recaros if you can. Not only do they feel great but they also give the interior a sportier look.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang needed!
Are they good if you are tall?

I'm 6'3" and 220 pounds and my back has all the strength of a chocolate fireguard since a motorcyle accident when I was young and daft.

dean_acheson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are thinking about it, just go sit in one- I'd think any decent dealership would have a GT optioned that way- be aware that they do break in to some extent and become less snug.

After spending the last six years in them (a Boss 302 and now a Shelby) I sat in a "regular" seat and went on a drive and it felt like the seats in my wife's f-150, and I didn't like it at all.

They make me fell like I'm "in" the car.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang needed!
If you are thinking about it, just go sit in one- I'd think any decent dealership would have a GT optioned that way- be aware that they do break in to some extent and become less snug.

After spending the last six years in them (a Boss 302 and now a Shelby) I sat in a "regular" seat and went on a drive and it felt like the seats in my wife's f-150, and I didn't like it at all.

They make me fell like I'm "in" the car.
Fair point dean and thank you, thats part of the struggle here in the UK as all 3 of my local ford dealers dont even have a MY18 car to test drive let alone one withe recaro's ! :doh: so I wondered if taller guys got on with them ok.

dean_acheson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh haha! Yes, being in the UK that might be a bit harder!

Surely somebody is your body type that can give an answer. I'm a bit smaller than you but I'm super comfortable in them. I would say that a few years ago I was around 215 or so, so I was probably a bit rounder than you!

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Are the Recaros height adjustable, for those of us that are somewhat vertically challenged?
Yes they are. I'm 4'2" and they're fine for me....J/K ;)
But they are adjustable up/down. I'm 5'10", 180lbs. Have the cloth recaros and they're great. Comfortable, supportive. I'd take them over the base cloth seats anyday....probably the premium seats too.