Other brands, choices?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
These (I got that link from another thread, but the actual item description would lead me to believe these are the right ones for the GT calipers) are the rotors/pads I've seen a number of people (with GT brakes) switch to.

To get the actual calipers, I'd say go for Shelby Auctions first - they start at $100+75 shipping for the front set (example).

Another option for GT calipers/rotors would be thepartsfarm which has the fronts listed for $300 shipped usually.

Or just watch the classifieds forums.

Not sure on the what's required part just yet. But for someone that does know, if it comes with the lines attached like they seem to from the listings I linked above...is it just connecting the line and that's it? Are new lines needed? How does bleeding work?

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
If you upgrade to the GT base brakes (which are a huge upgrade over the stock V6 brakes) you'll need the calipers, the rotors and the brakes hoses which connect to the caliper and then connect to the factory hard line inside the wheel well.

OP
OP
Austin552

Austin552

Long member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic V6, 1968 White 5.0
Thanks guys looking into it.

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Let us know, I have those 4 piston babies coming. Need to know more about the hoses required.

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Let us know, I have those 4 piston babies coming. Need to know more about the hoses required.
Just stock brakes hoses for a base GT that comes with the 4 piston calipers.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I have a set of Brembo 6 pistons with new pads and relatively new rotors for $650 plus shipping if you have 19" wheels.

Otherwise the OEM lines will work across all the calipers. I have put Brembo's on an Eco (same front calipers as V6) using stock lines.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I have a set of Brembo 6 pistons with new pads and relatively new rotors for $650 plus shipping if you have 19" wheels.

Otherwise the OEM lines will work across all the calipers. I have put Brembo's on an Eco (same front calipers as V6) using stock lines.
So you installed 6 piston Brembos on a 2 piston caliper car and the stock hoses worked? I know the stock hoses on my '17 V6 car (2 piston) are considerably different than the hoses I bought to go along with my GT (4 piston caliper) upgrade.

Maybe your EB had the 4 piston calipers already? These are the same calipers that come on the base GT. The base V6 has 2 piston calipers from the factory.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
If you're worried about brake hoses, just buy new ones. They're $15 each. Worth it for peace of mind.

You'll also need 4 copper washers for the banjo bolts.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
So you installed 6 piston Brembos on a 2 piston caliper car and the stock hoses worked? I know the stock hoses on my '17 V6 car (2 piston) are considerably different than the hoses I bought to go along with my GT (4 piston caliper) upgrade.

Maybe your EB had the 4 piston calipers already? These are the same calipers that come on the base GT. The base V6 has 2 piston calipers from the factory.
No, my EB didn't have the performance pack which comes with the 4 piston brakes. It was a base, with 2 piston calipers - just like the base V6. The 6 piston brakes bolted right up. Like mentioned, if you are worried the hoses are stupid cheap.

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
No, my EB didn't have the performance pack which comes with the 4 piston brakes. It was a base, with 2 piston calipers - just like the base V6. The 6 piston brakes bolted right up. Like mentioned, if you are worried the hoses are stupid cheap.
It's not that I'm "worried". I already have the hoses and all parts for the upgrade, just waiting on time. Someone here posted that the stock 2 piston hoses worked on the 6 piston calipers. The metal formed ends are shaped differently - was just wondering.

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Just checked and the calipers are coming with GT lines. Thanks for a good thread!

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Are new dust shields needed?
If you are going from base V6 brakes (2 piston) to base GT brakes (4 piston calipers) - NO. I ordered new shields for mine - like $8 each. They are identical (part # and all) to what came on my '17 V6 from the factory.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
If you are going from base V6 brakes (2 piston) to base GT brakes (4 piston calipers) - NO. I ordered new shields for mine - like $8 each. They are identical (part # and all) to what came on my '17 V6 from the factory.
Good to know as I’ll be completing this swap soon, thanks for the info!
Sponsored