Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Sorry if I missed it but what exactly is this shut down you're talking about.
Glad it's not just me :headbonk:

Is this at Flat Rock and the GT500 build line.........or are we talking engine assembly offsite somewhere?

Actually, where are the engines built (I'm assuming they are only installed at Flat Rock, not actually built there?)

:shrug:
Sponsored

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
Glad it's not just me :headbonk:

Is this at Flat Rock and the GT500 build line.........or are we talking engine assembly offsite somewhere?

Actually, where are the engines built (I'm assuming they are only installed at Flat Rock, not actually built there?)

Its the svt engine line. Trinity motors

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

The Coyote is built in at the Essex plant in Windsor Ontario, not sure on Trinity production.

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
The Coyote is built in at the Essex plant in Windsor Ontario, not sure on Trinity production.
The trinity line is what he is talking about being shut down. SVT line basically. I think what he is getting at is they are getting ready to retool the line. Possible getting ready for voodoo.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Its the svt engine line. Trinity motors
As was the roadrunner.
The trinity line is what he is talking about being shut down. SVT line basically. I think what he is getting at is they are getting ready to retool the line. Possible getting ready for voodoo.

Thanks all :thumbsup:

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
What i think he is getting at they are retooling for something new.
Ok so what is being shut down permenantly it sounds like is the 5.8L Trinity motor production? I take "niche" to mean no other car gets the motor so that's what I understand from his post.

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
Ok so what is being shut down permenantly it sounds like is the 5.8L Trinity motor production? I take "niche" to mean no other car gets the motor so that's what I understand from his post.
That is my guess. They either have enough of them sitting around for a short run of them or no more trinity motors for anything else.

I'd bet no plans of using it in anything else. I'd assume GT350 gets something new and if they do bring back GT500 it will get something new too. Ford doesn't seem to pull the same bs Chevy does by putting high end older engines in lower end models down the road. Like how the z28 is bunch of left over c6 parts.

TearTheHorizon

Threads
Reaction score
I am speaking about the specialty line that assembles the 5.8, the same line that assembled the 5.4 (SVT) in Romeo, MI. Apologies for forgetting to mention that. It is the same plant that builds the 6.2, 4.6, 5.4, and does some (limited) 5.0 assembly.

However the svt (niche) line is a specialty line.

Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
I am speaking about the specialty line that assembles the 5.8, the same line that assembled the 5.4 (SVT) in Romeo, MI. Apologies for forgetting to mention that. It is the same plant that builds the 6.2, 4.6, 5.4, and does some (limited) 5.0 assembly.

However the svt (niche) line is a specialty line.
TTH, any updates on the Voodoo.....or is it just Hoodoo ??? (lol)

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
The 5.8 line is currently in changeover. A few sources maintain fpc, a few say cpc, some are quiet. But 5.2 is a consistency.
Thanks, is the secrecy on the Voodoo because it is still in development, or is it in the GT350 (?) that has often been often spotted - and therefore in final shakedown ???

Cheers, Steve

TearTheHorizon

Threads
Reaction score
Thanks, is the secrecy on the Voodoo because it is still in development, or is it in the GT350 (?) that has often been often spotted - and therefore in final shakedown ???

Cheers, Steve
I can only speculate here, but if they are using a fpc, they probably want it quiet until they decide time is right to reveal, as its quite a step in a different direction. Even if its just a cpc 5.2, its still a world different from the previous condor family of engines being the top dog.

Plus, months ago I heard the fpc test mules were detonating past 9000 rpm, and were being redesigned with different crankshaft bearings. *again, rumor.

I do know there was at least one fpc 5.2 in existance. But that was some time ago and its been destroyed.

Ive been quiet on the forum because this is about all I contribute, and things have been slow at the rumor mill. :|
Sponsored