Sponsored

Heal / Toe

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
it was indeed used in a few morris's and a few other cars too as its direct bolt up to A series engine which was used in B's , C's, Mini's, Miners, metro's! after a variant.
That transmission sounds like the village bike. :lol: It'd make GM and VW blush.
Sponsored

wuzie123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
i have made up delron spacers that lift the throttle closer to the same level as the brake. just need to unbolt the pedal slip the spacers on then bolt it back down with the nuts...

i have a few sets for sale if anyone is interested.

Doug

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Heel-toe will not increase wear on the synchros. Both methods do the same thing; match engine speed with transmission speed without the need for synchromesh. Double clutching is entirely pointless on pretty much any car since the 40s (maybe even earlier, as synchromesh was invented in the 20s). Heel Toe will do exactly what you want it to do without the redundant shift to neutral. The only modern vehicles I can think of that would benefit from double-clutching would be HGVs with simplified (but very robust) synchromesh systems where you don't want the transmission under massive load when you engage the next gear.

Rev Matching, after-all, is just Heel Toe without the third pedal.
You come and look at the many hundreds of synchromesh rings I have under my bench where I have had to change them out of all sorts of various modern cars because they wear.

That wear can be all but eliminated through the use of double de clutching, it has been proven many times over through the years of testing, and billions of miles testing, we have done at work.

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Do these cars have 750,000 miles on them, and were slam shifted for every single one of those miles? I'll have to echo Centurion07, I've never heard of anyone needing new synchros. If you rev match and heel toe then you'll have even less reason to change synchros since they wont be doing anything.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
My 1G DSM needed new 1&2 synchros, and my B5 S4 needs a 1st gear synchro, about to get replaced with a full refresh.

Just sayin, it's not that weird.

Steid6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
?
I used fender washers behind the throttle plate. 3 to 4 is all you need per bolt and you can adjust it to your liking.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I can't remember the last time I heard of someone needing new synchros in their gearbox. In fact, I've never known anyone need that.
...more importantly, why keep hundreds of old ones under the bench? :)

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My 1G DSM needed new 1&2 synchros, and my B5 S4 needs a 1st gear synchro, about to get replaced with a full refresh.

Just sayin, it's not that weird.
Not saying it is, but as Ben says heel and toe is only going to relieve stress on everything as it is, by definition, rev-matching.

That's the entire point; matching engine revs to gearbox speed so as not to upset the car into a corner.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
...more importantly, why keep hundreds of old ones under the bench? :)
Maybe because they’re invariably made from Brass:)

Scrap Brass is around ÂŁ2k per ton:)
Sponsored