Choosing a color...

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
love my white with lightning blue stripes R. changed my order 4 times and it always came back to the original look. IMO best looking. rare. no
Sponsored

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Originally ordered white with blue stripes, but saw the red with white stripes on road and track and I was sold. Besides, Shelby colors came in red and white in later years. According to wiki 66 had blue, red, green and black.

OP
OP

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
This is crazy difficult. I have ruled out black, yellow, avalanche gray, ruby red.

Lighting blue, magnetic, oxford are all close.

Only exception would be a 2017 GT350R in Black that is at msrp...but the stretches the budget more than I’m comfortable with.

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
Triple Yellow is quite choice. Its a subtle color for a subtle car.

In all seriousness it highlights the styling changes that make the GT350 look so much better than the normal Mustang GT. Looks good in all light, from bright sun to heavy overcast.

Best reason though is that it really is Safety yellow. People *SEE* the car. People cut me off 99% less than they did when I had a F150 in white. 99% less trying to merge straight into the side of it.

Sponsored

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
This is crazy difficult. I have ruled out black, yellow, avalanche gray, ruby red.

Only exception would be a 2017 GT350R in Black that is at msrp...but the stretches the budget more than I’m comfortable with.
Get LB. Magnetic and Oxford need stripes and the ones you are looking at do not have them. Blue with white stripes is a great combo.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Yeah color is freaking hard.

Magnatic
Race Red w/ white stripes
Kona w/ white stripes
Ruby w/ white stripes
Grabber w/ Black stripes.

DAMN it's hard to pick.

If there was a Yellow/black or white/blue combo with convenience near I'd grab that.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R

Is the R at sticker?

OP
OP

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
Quick update in my search. Dealer 7 miles from me has a 2017 magnetic metalic (recarros and electronics package) listed for 62,xxx. Shot a quick note to them and they came back at 59,000...i asked if that was out the door, answer was no. I let it sit for a while and they text me back that they are ready to move this one and would consier reasonable offers.

Cars.com is showing a lot of 17s at 57,000 and even a couple at 54,000.

What do you think is a fair offer?

Sponsored

wltrmtty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I had a short list of colors/combinations I wanted and a list of those I did NOT want. If you have a color in mind that absolutely trips your trigger, be mindful of that, but I would caution against making it your one-and-only.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
When I was looking for both my GT350 and then my R (before my order) I had a super hard time finding the color(s) I wanted and in the end I had to decide if I would pay more to get the color I wanted... and the answer to that was absolutely. :) No Regerts!

OP
OP

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
Well I’m still not any closer to a decision.

I think oxford white with blue stripes is in first and tied for second is lightning Blue and magnetic metallic.

Factors effecting my decisio are vehicle location and year. There is a magnetic 18 going for 58,500 and the white and blue are 17s and only 1,00 cheaper....

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
For you, I say either magnetic, LB or ruby red.

I chose black to stay low profile. I like black but I think I would choose a different color if I were to do it again.

I like the stripes on other people's cars, but I wouldn't do stripes on my car. I'm not trying to grab attention with the car. I like the car for myself - I'm not buying to get someone to look at me.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Well I’m still not any closer to a decision.

I think oxford white with blue stripes is in first and tied for second is lightning Blue and magnetic metallic.

Factors effecting my decisio are vehicle location and year. There is a magnetic 18 going for 58,500 and the white and blue are 17s and only 1,00 cheaper....
I like what wltrmty said about having a list of colors that you don't want... It's not my money, but settling for something you go "eh" at when you look at it, rather than "ahhh..." seems like a bad decision for a dream car. I ordered my car in Triple Yellow sight unseen, before the 2015s had even hit the dealer lots, because it was exactly what I wanted. And after 3 years and 40,000 miles, I still love looking it every day.
:headbang:
Sponsored