Sponsored

Heel spur sufferers ..or planter fasciitis

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Looking for any tips or advice..Been suffering this condition for over half a year now..What really bothers me is I had my second cortisone shot lately (had my first Oct'17) and only had a few days relief unlike the first shot helped for a month. I know a big part of my problem is my job(maintenance tech) which requires I walk around the plant most of the shift. Will I have to eventually take a medical leave?..When at home I do my best to stay off my feet. Do strecthing and ice pack too..If any of you guys older or younger (I'm 51) have beat this I would really wish to know how..thanks
Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Make sure you have really good arch support. I used a ton of different brands but the one that worked for me was a pair of Dr. Scholls inserts that didn't included the toe portion and have a cushioned heel. Also an anti inflammatory like 200mg Motrin before bed helped me a lot. Like you, I'm a tech on my feet all day. There was no quick fix for me and I still suffer from mild pain at times after many years.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Mine eventually went away, some peeps need surgery. Mine used to be bad enough that when it would flare will working I'd have to stop and lean on something and pick my R foot up off the ground. Have you tried rolling through your arch with a soup can?

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
I battled plantar fasciitis for years until one day I flippantly commented after my chiro asked if anything else was bothering me about my foot hurting and if he could do something about that, it would be fantastic. He made it go away, but I'll tell ya, it took A LOT of visits, and the first several were "make you sweat and forget to breathe" painful. I had tried all kinds of stuff before that, and none of it worked. I had just resigned to the fact it was going to bother me the rest of my life to some degree or another.

Heel spurs, I cant personally comment on, but my better half had surgery to get rid of heel spurs on one foot, and it's been 15 months and she is still not 100% recovered. That is a nasty recovery. They literally detach your achilles, grind the spurs off, then re-attach your achilles to the bottom of your heel.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Hey guys, I've been using a small plastic ball with little spikes sticking out of it. It actually looks like a dog's chew toy. I think it's just called a planter fasciitis ball. I think we got it at Dick's Sporting Goods, or something like that. Just keep rolling your foot on it, and after a few days it started helping me. I hardly have any pain, but I don't do it everyday like I used to.

Sponsored

OP
OP

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like some promising techniques. ..will give those a try.. Glad no one insist on physical therapy. I know pt did nothing for my tennis elbows. Ive had an xray which didn't show a spur so thats encouraging. .

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
I’m a nurse, lose the cortisone. Buy yourself a pair of KURU shoes. Lose some weight if your state allows CBD oil get it. Do exercises for your calves and hamstrings. The KURU’s cured about 90-95% of my pain after suffering for 2 years. I’ll post the model I got later.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i had it back in high school when playing soccer/lacrosse year round. thing that did it for me was deep tissue massage. basically all your muscles from your feet to your waist are super tight and need to be released in order for you to get relief otherwise itll continue to come back. its a muscle/tissue issue so dont bother with the other stuff in my opinion. massage and stretch

OP
OP

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes im finished with the cortisone shots. At first the stretching provided considerable relief but as time goes by that becomes less effective. Will look into those shoes sometime. I've noticed if you google planter facsia shoes that is the brand that pops up.

Sponsored

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Last edited:

wltrmtty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
All good suggestions, IMHO. My wife had Planter fasciitis and used the soup can technique, which seemed to work. Now, as soon as she gets out of bed, she stretches her calf muscles.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Did your foot doctor not recommend custom orthotics? After my broken ankle healed I got PF. Shots help for a while but stretching, exercise and orthotics have been helping mine.

Last edited:

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
I've got bad feet, one doc said plantar fasciitis but other podiatrist have never mentioned it. Either way I've got constant foot pain

I too am on my feet all day. Depending on schedule demands i at times work7days a week, 75 hours. I've walked 22000 steps in a shift before, currently working 8 hours a day and averaging about 8-10k steps a day

I wear carhartt shoes and they're the best shoes I've ever owned. The full bubble Nike air max i used to like but they don't last for crap anymore and these put the nike to shame

I don't remember paying 145, so maybe shop around for pricing or maybe price went up.

http://www.carhartt.com/products/ca...erproof-Composite-Toe-Work-Hiker-Shoe-CMO3356
Sponsored