OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Probably already passed here but ...
Car needs oil change every year or X kilometers.
Mine is a bit more than one year (17 months) but still only 4500km.
Necessary to change oil or can I still wait (a bit)?
Anything else I need to look after then?
On this car, you have to do the service every year or 15000km. So I think you have to do it now.
If you don't do it, I think you can get into trouble with the warranty... :shrug:
Sponsored

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB 2016, BMW F11 M kit 2013, Seat Ateca 2017, Volvo T8 2019
On this car, you have to do the service every year or 15000km. So I think you have to do it now.
If you don't do it, I think you can get into trouble with the warranty... :shrug:
Ok but without thinking about warranty ... what do you need to do?
Just oil change or?

I still think you have 2 years warranty in Europe and so the first oil change I would do myself and then when car is almost 2 go to dealer to let them do whatever needs to be done... no?

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
On my car, for the 15 000km inspection, they did the following :
- Oil change
- Oil filter
- Some fuel cleaning product
- Some A/C cleaning product

For the 30 000km inspection, they did the following :
- Oil change
- Oil filter
- Cabin air filter

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Ok but without thinking about warranty ... what do you need to do?
Just oil change or?

I still think you have 2 years warranty in Europe and so the first oil change I would do myself and then when car is almost 2 go to dealer to let them do whatever needs to be done... no?
You should find a thread from me asking about service checks with link to ford website where you can get a list of all needed checks for every yearly\distance service.

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Btw, since [MENTION=12253]papinist[/MENTION] and some others were looking for the cabin filter earlier. K&N now has a cabin filter for our cars too :)

Also: Ford is very lazy with spark plugs. Especially on the Ecoboost I'd ask for an earlier spark plug change. It loves new plugs.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I just installed the Boomba Racing BOV Adapter. In combination with my MBRPs it gives an aggressive sound. Man it's fun to hear! One good thing is that on automatic cars, like mine, you don't get to hear this whooosh sound every time you change a gear; you hear it only when you let off the throttle and at relatively high revs. So it's even better!

What is important to mention is that there was a debate over whether this adapter should be installed on European cars. Most people were thinking that our cars were MAF tuned so we could not Vent to Air (VTA). Before installing the BOV Adapter I confirmed with several people that EU Mustangs are actually MAP tuned (confirmed with Adam at [MENTION=19118]Tune+[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13694]Juben[/MENTION] on another thread). So we can VTA and there are no engine lights or other issues whatsoever.

It took me 45 minutes to install, taking my time. It would take just 10 minutes if it wasn't for this freakin' hard-to-access top right bolt. I used an angled Allen (as shown on one of the photos below) to unscrew that particular bolt in order to remove the stock BPV. I used the same Allen in order to screw this same bolt when I put BPV + BOV Adapter back on. If you do it, take your time, it takes a while to tighten the bolt because of very limited space at that particular spot.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

And the angled Allen that I used:

picture.jpg

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Installed Diode Dynamics smoked side markers.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

DkStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just Made a few xtra horses, now the spring can come:amen:
E88D2F44-5E8E-4400-B987-BD2FC5CB3FF0.jpeg

Sponsored

DkStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yes please. :headbang: Where can I go and hear this beast? :ninja:
It’s tugged away in a garage on the west coast for the winter:thumbdown::thumbdown:

But i will be going to Copenhagen in march or april, can give you a heads up when i know which weekend were going. Maybe we can have a meet outside Greenpeace HQ:welcome: :D

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
It’s tugged away in a garage on the west coast for the winter:thumbdown::thumbdown:

But i will be going to Copenhagen in march or april, can give you a heads up when i know which weekend were going. Maybe we can have a meet outside Greenpeace HQ:welcome: :D
Outside Greenpeace :lol::lol:

I'm down, just let me know when. :cheers:

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
This morning went for a ride with my car and no audio ... whatever I tried no sound, no mp3, no radio, no GPS, no voice from SMS. Battery dying on me?
Saw it is only 12,2V when driving the car. Just had a look now and only 11,3v when engine out.
Can I recharge it? Or is it too late?
Just for info my Stang is my weekend car and only drive with it shorter distances during the weekend.
Just 5K in small 2 years ...

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
That's too low, should be around 14 when the engine is running. Sounds like your alternator has died.
I am not driving a lot with it in general and last few weeks almost not. Might be just battery that lost some power. It is charging right now and gave it a try after few hours. Went up and radio worked again. Will leave it charging overnight now.

Update: all seems fine. Have been driving a bit more with the car last two weeks and battery level went up again to normal and is at +14 when driving.

Car almost two years and so then official warranty is gone. Anything that needs to be changed/verified within this period so I can still use the warranty on this?
Sponsored

Last edited: