Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I did a comparison; the base price of the Mustang has gone up $95.00 on the window sticker. I have a sales order from the dealer, so my price should stay the same.
Looks like a price bump across the board. A GT premium now starts at $40,090 with delivery. Hackett's really pinching pennies here.
Sponsored

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a price bump across the board. A GT premium now starts at $40,090 with delivery. Hackett's really pinching pennies here.
Well, ~$100 per car and 5800 cars per month ... that's half a million bucks a month. :D That's not pennies anymore.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
How you liking the new car? Pretty much 1,000 times better in every category over an SN95?
Yeah dude, words can't even describe it. The steeda clutch spring really made a huge difference for me in my confidence with clutch feel, it's a blast to drive and the active exhaust in track mode sounds blissful with the windows down.

And honestly, the base suspension does not feel lazy at all, think I'm going to hold off on PP dampers and just do the BMR minimum drop springs for now.

The only thing that I'm on the edge about is the seat comfort. I'm not sure if they made slight adjustments since the 15-17 cars, but my lower back gets sore after long drives. I didn't experience this in the 2 cars I've previously rented for trips, and can't seem to get the lumbar set to be completely comfortable, I find myself adjusting my back a lot, maybe the seats need to be broken in or something.

The MT-82 does seem notchy to me, IMO. I haven't had much experience with driving different manual cars but I can definitely feel resistance at the point when the shifter's going into the gates (not sure if correct terminology) of the different gears. It doesn't feel like a single movement but rather a 2-stage movement to shift. It's worse with 1-3 than the higher gears. It's also a little noisy, but I'm not concerned with that part. Going to do the BG Syncroshift II fluid swap at 1,500 miles and see how it is with the stock shifter. End goal is an MGW shifter + fluid swap.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I did a comparison; the base price of the Mustang has gone up $95.00 on the window sticker. I have a sales order from the dealer, so my price should stay the same.
My sales guy showed me the increase, and told me not to worry about it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I got a call from my sales rep; he is saying the build date was moved back to 4/12/2018. This is getting close to the model change. I may switch to a Bullitt. Is there reliable information on the 2019 Bullitt?

Sponsored

mcstang18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2016 F150 XLT
I got a call from my sales rep; he is saying the build date was moved back to 4/12/2018. This is getting close to the model change. I may switch to a Bullitt. Is there reliable information on the 2019 Bullitt?
Did your window sticker change to a different blend date?

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Oh nooooo, I don't want to even call my sales rep. I could be in the same boat. Ford sure is taking their damn time on building special order cars. :doh:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
What reliable info are you looking for? 2019 ordering opens Monday but 2019s won’t start being built till June 11th. Still 2 months later than your car. Depends how much you like the Bullitt and if you’re willing to wait 2 more months at least.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Well, some of these stories have me worried. I'm hoping at this point I just get a build date. My order went in on 3/7/2018 for a Lightning Blue GT PP2 with 301A, cloth Recaros, and active valve exhaust. Dealers aren't really dealing on them very good around here. My sticker was $45,485. I got it for $41,000 after the $1,500 rebate which was $723 below X Plan.

picture.png

I did get confirmation from Ford that my order is in the system, now I just need to get a VIN and build date. I don't care if it doesn't get here until June as long as she gets built.

picture.png

Sponsored

Stang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My order for a 2018 Mustang GT w/ PP1 was placed on 2/27/18, and still has no information available on cotus. I was told my build date will be 4/18/18 when I asked for information through chat on the Ford performance site. After reading about being able to place orders for 2019s starting today and getting frustrated with the lack of progress, I decided to check with my salesman. He told me that the dealership is trying to use their last 2 allocations to have my car, and another GT with a PP built. They have yet to get a response from Ford on their request. He said he will update me with any progress, and said that a 2019 might be the alternative. I'm getting the feeling that the 2018 that I ordered will not be built.

Stang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I followed up with another chat on the Ford performance site. Now they say there is no build date, and he can't see any previous build dates. I was told the 4/18 date a week ago. He did say that they should build the car since the order has been approved. Apparently nobody really knows anything for sure.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
My order for a 2018 Mustang GT w/ PP1 was placed on 2/27/18, and still has no information available on cotus. I was told my build date will be 4/18/18 when I asked for information through chat on the Ford performance site. After reading about being able to place orders for 2019s starting today and getting frustrated with the lack of progress, I decided to check with my salesman. He told me that the dealership is trying to use their last 2 allocations to have my car, and another GT with a PP built. They have yet to get a response from Ford on their request. He said he will update me with any progress, and said that a 2019 might be the alternative. I'm getting the feeling that the 2018 that I ordered will not be built.
I know that's frustrating my friend. I don't know what's happened to Ford concerning their special orders. I have one ordered ('18 Vert on 02/14), and got a build week of 03/26/18 with a delivery date of 04/21/18. That's if I'm really lucky.The last I ordered was in '13 (a GT Vert also), and it showed up in 5 weeks. Something has changed at Ford, and it hasn't been for the better. Good Luck, and welcome to the forum.

BTW, if you order a '19 your wait will be longer as production on those doesn't start until 06/11/18. And even with that you won't know your target production week. But it really boils down to which year model you want.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I know that's frustrating my friend. I don't know what's happened to Ford concerning their special orders. I have one ordered ('18 Vert on 02/14), and got a build week of 03/26/18 with a delivery date of 04/21/18. That's if I'm really lucky.The last I ordered was in '13 (a GT Vert also), and it showed up in 5 weeks. Something has changed at Ford, and it hasn't been for the better. Good Luck, and welcome to the forum.

BTW, if you order a '19 your wait will be longer as production on those doesn't start until 06/11/18. And even with that you won't know your target production week. But it really boils down to which year model you want.
Ordering a 2019 now will take a while to receive. Even when production starts in June, Ford will build dealer inventory first. Custom orders probably won't start building until August.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Seems odd they have a bunch of folks wanting to buy a new car, but they can't seem to find a way to build them. No wonder their sales are down. I've looked around even for a Lightning Blue PP1 with 301A, manual, Magneride and active valve exhaust. I've found one within 800 miles of me. And, there isn't a PP2 to be found anywhere. Kind of disappointing to say the least.
Sponsored