Sponsored

All 2015+ Mustang S550 renders / chops compilation

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
Guess I'm in the minority. But I don't like the headlights or the fog lamps on the black car.
I like how the current headlights have the 65/66 feel and that blue color reminds me of something from the import crew...
Sponsored

Travbedaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB Prem
Guess I'm in the minority. But I don't like the headlights or the fog lamps on the black car.
I like how the current headlights have the 65/66 feel and that blue color reminds me of something from the import crew...
I'm with you, I love the headlights, and the led gills are sweet on the 2015.

Cosmos

Threads
Reaction score
I think the spoiler was backwards, both in the render and on the 1970 Mach 1.

edit: apparently they are adjustable from the factory and there is heated debate what the angle is supposed to be from the factory.

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/663900-70-mach-1-rear-spoiler-2.html
As an old aviator, it appears to me that the pictured spoiler would act more as a wing at a high attack angle than a downward pushing device to improve rear wheel traction.

Rampant

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)
I expect more scoop than vent from the clay models and spy photos -- though I would like that better. Good width on it as well.

Though the back edge has me confused. Is it a ramp up towards the base of the windshield? That might be odd. Maybe if it flattend out towards the rear (taper the side edge of the raised portion as it goes back), or kept the elevated portion like the stock hood, just narrower in width.

Just my two cents.... wish I had time to make it in PSD...

Sponsored

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Mike, it has a more pronounced fender flare, getting that appearance from the hood left and right of the center drop scoop dropping lower than the current hood. Yes it does a quick ramp up at the windshield as the center part ramps up gradually from the scoop back to the same level as the sides where it meets the windshield.

Just a "guess"

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I like it, and the lack of an "opening" on the hood would indicate a normally aspirated engine, I assume.

However, seeing as even the GT has hood vents, I wonder if this points to GT350 having sufficient cooling through the grille alone? Indicating a nice open grille like the current GT500?

:)

MYs197

I like it also but I would agree that from the photos it does seem more like a scoop than a vent. But I know guessing through the camouflage is iffy at best. I *think* I see in this photo.

attachment.jpg

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
I think that is inverse padding to disguise the actual shape. That is the shot that leads me to believe there is a scoop.

Sponsored

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Could this be the GT350 hood?
attachment.jpg
That's some pretty pronounced fender flare chazcron. It would make for a meaner looking front end and help swallow up the massive grille on the new car.

Is that just a pure guess or based on anything?