Sponsored

AWE Switchpath Catback tinging/rattling when "on"

AznInvazn57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT
Hey guys, I have the AWE Switchpath Catback exhuast on my 2017 GT which is active and has an "on" (louder) and "off" (quieter) switch.

I'm noticing there is a sort of metallic rattling noise when the exhaust is in the "on" mode. It doesnt come through suuuper well in video but its pretty apparent when I'm driving especially if the windows are not completely up and if im next to anything (other cars, curbs, buildings etc) since the sound bounces back at me. Ill link a video where the exhaust starts in "off" and i switch it back and forth a couple times. Again the sound is much more apparent in person and i notice it most when im stopped at idle or when I first start going in first (it actually gets louder) until the engine drowns it out.

I've been in contact with AWE a little but but I just wanted to reach out and to know if that is "normal" or if any other owners of this exhaust are having the same issue. Thanks.

Sponsored

magstg16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT magnetic
It is the valve inside the H pipe that when you push the button to open or close not completely sealing. I had the same issue and still do from time to time. I worked with Josh from AWE on here. At first he gave me a reset procedure for the valve and it didn't help mine so I worked with AWE to get a replacement H pipe. After supplying several audio clips and between working with Josh and the AWE company they shipped out a new mid pipe. It was quieter but every so often I'll still get a metal sound but normally after few minutes of driving it will stop. I drive mine mostly in the open position so that may help also. Good luck!

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
There have been several threads or at least members here with similar issues related to the switchpath systems. That’s why I kept my current system and didn’t swap out. Good luck.
Sponsored