HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The press releases say its via AppLink. Does that mean there may be another version of Waze that is built for AppLink?
Sponsored

OP
OP

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
I think there will be a Waze update around March. I think it was Fords PR that mentioned that date.

statusnone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1
My 2016 GT with Sync 3 2.2 has been trying to update all day. Started this morning but I wasn’t on WiFi long enough. Home now and trying to update but just scanning for update. :(

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Waze hasn't pushed an update to the app stores with this capability (SDL/AppLink) enabled yet. Ford also hasn't pushed any 3.0+ release to the fleet yet via the OTA / downloadable updates.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Per “Car Buzz”:

At the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show, Ford announced that it will be the first manufacturer to offer Waze on its infotainment system. The Waze app will function with Ford's AppLink technology, which will still require users to plug their phone into the car through a USB port. This update will come in the coming weeks on 2018 Ford models and will also be available through an over-the-air update for Ford owners with Sync 3.

Sponsored

Kakemone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My 2016 GT with Sync 3 2.2 has been trying to update all day. Started this morning but I wasn’t on WiFi long enough. Home now and trying to update but just scanning for update. :(
I tried to do the same thing with 2.2 going to 2.3 but after hour and a half just gave up. Don’t waste your time.
With various usb sticks and factory resets also didn’t work for me. Updating to 2.2 was easy for me with no problems but not this time.

Aras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
I have 2.3 on my 2016, will we get a 3.0 update to be able to run waze?

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
well Waze has the option now to control it from a cars head unit if you look in settings at the bottom. Now whats Ford doing? does it work on the 2018s?

Kakemone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Alexa and Waze are coming to SYNC 3 but you are not going to be able to use them while running CarPlay. :frusty::shrug::headbonk:

The Google-owned navigation service has been available on Android Auto since last summer, and now Ford’s integration means there’s finally a way to get it working with iPhones, too. (Apple, predictably, probably doesn’t want users to pick anything over Apple Maps while using CarPlay.)

Like CarPlay or Android Auto, the Waze app in this situation is still running on your phone while mirroring a version on the car’s head unit. Unfortunately, it’s still in beta at the moment, which means it’s a bit slow, some menus don’t quite fit the screen correctly, and the app has trouble closing.

Like the Waze integration, Alexa on SYNC is working off the smartphone’s processor and data connection.
Also like with the Waze integration, this means you have to have your phone plugged into the car for any of this to work, since Ford’s AppLink system doesn’t work wirelessly, at least not yet. And if I’m being honest, there’s a bit of overcrowding happening here. For instance, you can now get in a car with SYNC 3, plug in your iPhone, and navigate with: Ford’s navigation, Waze’s navigation, or Apple Maps. But if you fire up CarPlay, you won’t be able to use Alexa anymore until you back out to the SYNC menus. You also can’t, say, ask Alexa to get directions in Waze instead of with Ford’s navigation system.
Heres the link for the full review: alexa-waze-ford-sync-ecosport-suv-hands-on

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Yeah me I do t care about CarPlay myself I was just wondering it existed on the 18s already

Sponsored

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Yeah still wondering about this?? Anyone with an '18 get it to work and HOW does it work? I have hacked Sync 3.0 on my upgraded 2015, so not sure if/when I will ever get Waze to work...

EDIT: Just saw this on the Sync 3 thread: https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/26/fo...for-ios-users/ Looks like April for Sync 3.0 updates. Still weird that I haven't heard of any 2018 users being able to get Waze on Applink....

fordxgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT 5.0L V8
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah still wondering about this?? Anyone with an '18 get it to work and HOW does it work? I have hacked Sync 3.0 on my upgraded 2015, so not sure if/when I will ever get Waze to work...

EDIT: Just saw this on the Sync 3 thread: https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/26/fo...for-ios-users/ Looks like April for Sync 3.0 updates. Still weird that I haven't heard of any 2018 users being able to get Waze on Applink....
From what I understand, Waze also needs to update their app to work with Applink which is supposed to take place in March/April. At this point, I think no one has Waze except through Android Auto.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
From what I understand, Waze also needs to update their app to work with Applink which is supposed to take place in March/April. At this point, I think no one has Waze except through Android Auto.
actually if you can get into waze's beta program you can get waze on sync 3.
Sponsored