Sponsored

Guard 2015 Mustang coupe at the Detroit Auto Show

1FatSlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing fun yet
This color drives me crazy. I want to like it and I want it to be green but I'm pretty sure it's just grey that shows a hint of blue-green under certain lighting.

Thought this was gonna be a no brainer but after seeing the vids I'm not sure I like it at all.
Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
[ame]

1FatSlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing fun yet
Can anybody who has seen this car in person confirm which color is more true to the naked eye, the darker green looking color seen for most of this video, or the silver-blue color seen when the camera zooms in at 1:19?

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Can anybody who has seen this car in person confirm which color is more true to the naked eye, the darker green looking color seen for most of this video, or the silver-blue color seen when the camera zooms in at 1:19?
It really depends on the lighting, as this color changes quite a bit with it.

In darker lighting you see a lot more of the dark green as with the top picture, and in brighter conditions it looks a bit more slate colored like the one below it.

attachment.jpg

Sponsored

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
It really depends on the lighting, as this color changes quite a bit with it.

In darker lighting you see a lot more of the dark green as with the top picture, and in brighter conditions it looks a bit more slate colored like the one below it.

attachment.jpg
This. I don't think there will be any way to really call this color until we can see it under natural lighting. Until then we are kinda spinning our wheels looking at it in a show room type environment where the changes in lighting style and color change the color of the car too much.

It certainly is an interesting color, just a touch underwhelming in person in this setting.

1FatSlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing fun yet
Interesting, thanks for chiming in. I wondered if it was the cameras more than the actual color doing that. The saddle interior should work well with all three colors in the spectrum at least.

Definitely can't wait to see pics of this color outdoors in sunlight and at sunset. Love the way it looks on the first pic of your reply and the slate is ok too, but when it just looks light grey I don't think I like it.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I love the pic where it's actually green but the grey/slate looks terrible. My other choice would have been dark blue, but the DIB is purple so now I have to pick the lesser of two evils. I really wish Ford would stop using these paints that are almost "color shifting".

DIB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger
DIB is a love hate relationship. Looks great under lights, in the sun ect. It does look burble in overcast days and in the garage. Im sure guard will be the same way.

Nate408

Threads
Reaction score
Never had a black car or equally dark and don't want one because all the work keeping it clean. Do you guys think Guard is dark enough to show dust the day after you wax it like a black car would? I can't tell, because silver colors are great for hiding dust, but in some of the pictures the Guard looks almost blackish... Like the way it looks clean regardless :)

Sponsored

Cosmos

Threads
Reaction score
One week from today (2/6/14), I'll be viewing the pictured Mustang at the Portland Auto Show, so I'll be able to get a fix on the Guard color. I suspect that Magnetic will continue to appeal to me. Too bad Ford won't have the new F-150 at the show also.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
February 8th the Philadelphia Auto Show opens. I'll be there, the owner of my dealership supplied two tickets so I could see the car before I order it. I would really like to see one in Oxford White with a two tone interior.
Up front and personal is the only way to go.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
One week from today (2/6/14), I'll be viewing the pictured Mustang at the Portland Auto Show, so I'll be able to get a fix on the Guard color. I suspect that Magnetic will continue to appeal to me. Too bad Ford won't have the new F-150 at the show also.
So you already know the Guard car will be there? Would love to hear your review & see more pics.

Cosmos

Threads
Reaction score
So you already know the Guard car will be there?
I picked up the color info from JarStang's post on the Upcoming Events Default Calendar re: the PDX show as follows:

"Confirmed for this event:Guard I4/base coupe"

I don't know where he may have secured such advance info. :shrug:

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Never had a black car or equally dark and don't want one because all the work keeping it clean. Do you guys think Guard is dark enough to show dust the day after you wax it like a black car would? I can't tell, because silver colors are great for hiding dust, but in some of the pictures the Guard looks almost blackish... Like the way it looks clean regardless :)

+1

I would like to know this as well. I will be selling my black 07 GTI soon, which is a real pain to keep clean...at least daily driven. and I already have a blue ranger so my colors of choice for the mustang will be Guard, Magnetic (although the more I see Magnetic, the less I like the color...even though it brings out the lines in the car real well) or Silver. Granted I wish my ranger was red lol
Sponsored