NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I don't think it's pathetic to consider that road conditions are variable and it's possible for any driver to be surprised by a sheet of ice in an unexpected location. I do agree some of the modern features are over the top in offering more intervention than a driver should need. However, people make mistakes all the time - IMO it's wise to use the tools available.
No, it's not.

There was a time when people were better drivers. They had no nannies on their cars, they DROVE them themselves. This made drivers better, because they had to be. And such drivers could and can react better to changing conditions than any software can.

What we are looking at now, are a new generation of useless, panty-waist drivers that can't accomplish anything behind the wheel unless the car does it for them. They come on here and whine that their new GT is too powerful, that they can't drive it in the winter, that they crashed it doing stupid stuff. They operate out of ignorance-based fear, because they never actually had to drive their car while paying attention and knowing how to react from experience.

What you suggest is lowest common denominator, P.C. b.s.. You're pandering to useless drivers that aren't forced to be better drivers.

I wont join that defeatist attitude.
Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
In all seriousness at 20-30 mph you are a danger to others on the road unless the roads are packed with bumper to bumper traffic and everyone is going that slowly.
When there is 4+ inches physically on the ground, sticking to the roads, on the highway in heavy snowfall, 30-ish mph is about the speed everyone is going here in NJ on rt 130, 206, 195, the NJ Turnpike and/or 295...

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Im in Jersey and I'm a 45-50mph guy. But I also would never drive the Mustang in 4 inchs of snow. Right tool for the job. So im in the jeep during the winter. If you only have enough income for one car. Id seriously consider a STI or Evo type car.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
When there is 4+ inches physically on the ground, sticking to the roads, on the highway in heavy snowfall, 30-ish mph is about the speed everyone is going here in NJ on rt 130, 206, 195, the NJ Turnpike and/or 295...
I wouldn't call that light snow, which is what the original comment stated. Light snow is pretty easy to manage at 45+ mph with good snow tires.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Im in Jersey and I'm a 45-50mph guy. But I also would never drive the Mustang in 4 inchs of snow. Right tool for the job. So im in the jeep during the winter. If you only have enough income for one car. Id seriously consider a STI or Evo type car.
"4 inches on the ground" means about a covered inch or so on a heavily driven and salted highway, I should've been more specific of what I meant be "on the ground" (talking grass, not road). That's my bad. I meant enough where there's tire tracks and you cannot see actual tar.
However, going 35-40-ish in something like that isn't out of the question, it's normal - whether I'm in my Mustang or my AWD Infiniti M56x...

I wouldn't call that light snow, which is what the original comment stated. Light snow is pretty easy to manage at 45+ mph with good snow tires.
Actually, this is what he was responding to in regards to only going 30mph, which is what I was responding to.

This cannot be stressed enough. I’ve daily driven my Mustang every day this winter; through ice / sleet / > 5 inches of snow and 1 white out i think.

Full set of snow tires (all 4)
Immediately put it into snow / wet mode

And still, I’m taking on-ramps at 5-10 mph and when it’s been bad, highway around 20-30mph. On ice, even the slightest to much throttle will make it fishtail - and I got great / brand new Michelin snow tires. Screw anyone that beeps at me or passes me on the highway - I’m not hitting a barrier because people don’t know how to drive in bad weather.

Nothing trumps common sense driving.
Nothing about the snow being light there.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
It's pouring snow outside of work right now.

With my PP tires, it will be slippery going home.

All nannies will be off.

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I just came here to point out how much of a douche novagt is and how he never contributes to threads or helps to answer questions he just gets real judgy and talks to down to his fellow forum members.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I just came here to point out how much of a douche novagt is and how he never contributes to threads or helps to answer questions he just gets real judgy and talks to down to his fellow forum members.
It's a shame you feel that way. Sorry if I'm not a "safe space" kind of guy.

I like to challenge people on their attitudes and perceptions.

Just like this topic; Cars are safer, more stable, and more capable than ever, and yet we have thread after thread about how they're un-driveable in bad weather, too powerful, too much of a handful.

That's a bunch of horse poop. Drivers are worse, because drivers are held to very low standards. Now the cars are doing too much, and drivers are involved too little.

Owning and driving certain vehicles is sort of a manly exercise. Driving something like a Mustang in the winter, in bad weather, is actually pretty damn challenging, something that requires effort, thought and focus. But it's definitely doable, relatively easy with experience.

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
There will only be a difference in first gear. After that it wont matter. You can argue that 3.55s or 3.73s would be better than 3.15s because you will have more gears available for you to choose from driving at a slow speed.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I use my clutch as much as my accelerator when driving/drifting in fresh snow on surface streets.

Sponsored

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
It's a shame you feel that way. Sorry if I'm not a "safe space" kind of guy.

I like to challenge people on their attitudes and perceptions.

Just like this topic; Cars are safer, more stable, and more capable than ever, and yet we have thread after thread about how they're un-driveable in bad weather, too powerful, too much of a handful.

That's a bunch of horse poop. Drivers are worse, because drivers are held to very low standards. Now the cars are doing too much, and drivers are involved too little.

Owning and driving certain vehicles is sort of a manly exercise. Driving something like a Mustang in the winter, in bad weather, is actually pretty damn challenging, something that requires effort, thought and focus. But it's definitely doable, relatively easy with experience.
Lololol yes please throw around more "safe space" commented. I could care less about safe space. I'm more concerned with the constant bickering and your superior, ego inflating comments.

You may have many more years of experience than some of us but that's why we are here. To get experience from others so we can avoid making costly and stupid mistakes. We certainly aren't here so some guy can stroke his own ego and talk down to us.

How's that for safe space?

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Here's how I drive in the snow...f250 4x4. Stang will be nice and dry in the garage. Around here, snow makes bad drivers just terrible.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Lololol yes please throw around more "safe space" commented. I could care less about safe space. I'm more concerned with the constant bickering and your superior, ego inflating comments.

You may have many more years of experience than some of us but that's why we are here. To get experience from others so we can avoid making costly and stupid mistakes. We certainly aren't here so some guy can stroke his own ego and talk down to us.

How's that for safe space?
If you don't like my posts, don't read them. I offer plenty of good advice, but if you don't like how I do it, ignore me.

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
It's more about tires for those of us in the northern snow belt and ground clearance.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
wet/snow mode with snow tires works great.
Sponsored