Yes its true no new Mustang Body style till 2025-2026

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
WTF are you talking about, the coolers were developed for the GT350 which uses a completely different transmission and rear end, they just dont bolt up to the GT.
100% agree with you

They may run down the same line but they dont run at the same time, its not like the run a I4, V8 and Gt350 back to back to back down the line. They schedule like vehicles to run down the line to keep things streamlined.
Well... actually that's exactly how it is... or well, more like:

L4, Continental, L4, V8, L4, V8, L4,Continental, L4, V8, L4, GT350, L4... or something like that.
Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
100% agree with you

Well... actually that's exactly how it is... or well, more like:

L4, Continental, L4, V8, L4, V8, L4,Continental, L4, V8, L4, GT350, L4... or something like that.
When they run them(Mustangs) do they run them with similar option packages or is it random(ie: 300a L4, V8 together)

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
When they run them(Mustangs) do they run them with similar option packages or is it random(ie: 300a L4, V8 together)
AFAIK they ALL run together (and not only Mustangs but also Continental's), that's how it was it when I visited Flat Rock and that's how it's done in here (Hermosillo Assembly) with the Fusion and MKZ.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
WTF are you talking about, the coolers were developed for the GT350 which uses a completely different transmission and rear end, they just dont bolt up to the GT. They may run down the same line but they dont run at the same time, its not like the run a I4, V8 and Gt350 back to back to back down the line. They schedule like vehicles to run down the line to keep things streamlined.

There very well may be additional suppliers considering the GT is missing the transmission pump needed to power the cooler plus whatever other parts are needed to make it work with a GT.

They offer multiple "packages"(key word there) because its a known quantity and there is no deviation from each package other than color of badges, which color interior(and thats only on the 400/401a) and which wheel gets put on. Im not really sure why this is so hard for you to comprehend.
Exactly. It's a better car. Cheaper, lighter, E-diff, and the TR6060 with a cooler. The Mustang should have a TR6060 or the 350's 3160 with a cooler. But nope. We get a crappy MT82, no cooler, and are paying more. But as long as you're content, that's all that matters.
:thumbsup:

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
It doesn't work like that. The assembly line is already geared up for coolers for the GT350, so there is no difference in parts or assembly since they both run down the same line.

If that you're poor reasoning for justifying not having it as an option, then we're at a stalemate.

The GT350 coolers are already there. There's no "additional suppliers" :headbonk:

Lol, then why offer multiple packages (400, 401, etc...) For a Base mustang, a PP1, and now a PP2? :lol:

Let's face it, Ford is catering to posers with the PP1. Drop that model, sadly people who like the blingy brakes (but don't need them) can't get them, and give PP2 the coolers to go head to head with the 1LE. = Simplified.

We could go your route even further and take away LSDs and go with cheaper open diffs, cheaper heavier wheels, and smaller brakes because "most people don't need them" and then the Mustang would sell even better! According to your false logic, now the base Mustangs will be $500-2,000 cheaper because all the base GT guys don't have to pay for you PP1 guys' 6-piston brakes. Your welcome :thumbsup::lol::lol::lol:

Or use logic and reasoning that GT350 coolers are already developed, the added cost will just go to the cars who option it (just like how Magnaride and active exhaust are stand alone options) which are FAR more expensive to develop custom damping calibrations and add to the production line than already developed coolers.

You are aware that except for the rear end..the GT350 uses different components, correct?

The PP1 was created to enhance the base GT's handling without making it impractical for every day life..IE the PP2.

Please, feel free to keep mining talking points from the insipid shitheads at Camaro6 like Hotlap, BlaqHole and the others.

Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You are aware that except for the rear end..the GT350 uses different components, correct?

The PP1 was created to enhance the base GT's handling without making it impractical for every day life..IE the PP2.

Please, feel free to keep mining talking points from the insipid shitheads at Camaro6 like Hotlap, BlaqHole and the others.
All GTs should have the 3160. I don't see how anyone could argue against that. The Camaro has a 6060 and costs less. So, put a proper trans in there and you can use 100% GT350 components. Problem solved.

Other than the Cup2 tires, how is the PP2 "impractical"?

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
All GTs should have the 3160. I don't see how anyone could argue against that. The Camaro has a 6060 and costs less. So, put a proper trans in there and you can use 100% GT350 components. Problem solved.

Other than the Cup2 tires, how is the PP2 "impractical"?
The MT-82 is better suited to the 5.0's power band, there's no need for the 3160.

The Cup2 tires are the very element that makes it daily driver impractical. You can't just eliminate a stock element and say "ok now what's wrong with it" by eliminating the thing that's wrong with it.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I guess Ford has decided to try to top the model T run...19+ years!

Sponsored

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Oh yeah, topic at hand being next gen Mustang due....

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
:lol: yeah, ooookay..........

Anyone with half a brain would take a 3160 over the mt82. :headbonk:
If you want road course optimized gearing, you might want the 3160 from the GT350. IMO for an every day driver the MT-82 gearing is better. As far as shift feel goes, the 3160 and MT-82 aren't all that different. I like the MT-82 shifting feel a little better than the 3160. I realize that's not a common opinion around here - most assume that the more expensive box will always be better. The 3160 definitely is better for road course work, but not for launching.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you want road course optimized gearing, you might want the 3160 from the GT350. IMO for an every day driver the MT-82 gearing is better. As far as shift feel goes, the 3160 and MT-82 aren't all that different. I like the MT-82 shifting feel a little better than the 3160. I realize that's not a common opinion around here - most assume that the more expensive box will always be better. The 3160 definitely is better for road course work, but not for launching.
I disagree. The longer 1st gear in the 3160 is better for launching, putting power down, daily driving in stop and go traffic, etc... 1st & 2nd are pretty useless in the MT82 with 3.73s, let alone after increasing the power.

GT350s shift a bit heavy due to the cooler, but once you get heat in them (from driving or blocking off the cooler for street driving -Ford really should have a thermostat in the trans cooler) they shift WAY better than an MT82. But I guess if you only go to the grocery store, most people wont know the difference, which is why Ford probably cheaped out with the MT82 to begin with. It just kills me that the Mustang is mechanically inferior to the Camaro and so many people defend inferior parts rather than wanting Ford to make better and better cars. It does not make sense to me. I want the S650 to have coolers, a 3160, E-diff and be lighter, but it seems like many here wouldn't complain about having a solid axle and a T5.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I disagree. The longer 1st gear in the 3160 is better for launching, putting power down, daily driving in stop and go traffic, etc... 1st & 2nd are pretty useless in the MT82 with 3.73s, let alone after increasing the power.

GT350s shift a bit heavy due to the cooler, but once you get heat in them (from driving or blocking off the cooler for street driving -Ford really should have a thermostat in the trans cooler) they shift WAY better than an MT82. But I guess if you only go to the grocery store, most people wont know the difference, which is why Ford probably cheaped out with the MT82 to begin with. It just kills me that the Mustang is mechanically inferior to the Camaro and so many people defend inferior parts rather than wanting Ford to make better and better cars. It does not make sense to me. I want the S650 to have coolers, a 3160, E-diff and be lighter, but it seems like many here wouldn't complain about having a solid axle and a T5.
Why have you not purchased coolers for your current vehicle and changed over to light weight wheels and tires?

Why don't you stop bitching about what you wish your car had and fix it.
Sponsored