Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
MOS? Just curious. Went through 39G school there in the 90's. I miss night shift training. :D
29Y back then but that turned into 31S then 25S now 25T.

All satellite communications.
Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
29Y back then but that turned into 31S then 25S now 25T.

All satellite communications.
They offered me Sat Comm when I reclassed. Honestly can't remember why I didn't take it. That was quite a few beers ago.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Got two 12" Vibrant Ultra Quiet bullet resonators welded onto to the MBRP Street (Meant for GT) catback's H-pipe. I loved the sound of the exhaust, but it was a bit too loud and a bit raspy ONLY on close to WOT and WOT throttle. The sound after the resonator install is simply amazing. Absolutely love it. Zero drone, zero rasp and two of the exhaust shop guys are 5.0 owners and couldn't believe how good it sounded.

So shorty headers, stock cats, MBRP catback (street) with the resonators. :headbang:
Awesome! You got a sound clip?

I totally agree on the MBRP characteristics. Im glad to hear your feedback. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! You got a sound clip?

I totally agree on the MBRP characteristics. Im glad to hear your feedback. :thumbsup:
No. I need to try to get one. I sent PM'd you the resonator info, I'll post it here too...

Vibrant Performance 1794 Bottle Style Resonator 3" Inlet / Outlet 12" long. $48 each at Amazon.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Curb Anxiety

Damn that color looks good in the sun.

Man that curb gives me anxiety :D
Yeah me too once I got out and saw how close it was. Not doing that again.
:(

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I pushed the lock button twice from inside the house to make sure the car was still alive.

It lives!

Sponsored

Franklin Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP (Magnetic Metallic)
How do you like the sound? I take it you still have the stock mufflers.
GT Pony, I must say, I was a tad hesitant to add an H or an X pipe, given how happy I was with the sound of the stock active exhaust on my 2018. I flip flopped back and forth about doing it for at least 6 weeks. After watching YouTube videos, for what seemed like years, on the sounds of X and H pipes, I decided on the less raspy and lower pitched H-pipe sound. I only swapped out the resonator with the H-pipe, everything else was left stock, including the mufflers etc.

After driving the car, I am more than extremely happy with the results, the sound is amplified (not extreme, or too subtle). To me, the sound increase is just right and the lower tone is even better. I would encourage anyone who may be considering an H/X pipe depending upon your preference to take the plunge, it is well worth the small investment.

I am going to tay and post up some before and after videos on the site, if I can figure it out :)

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Started my stripes today, first 2 pieces went great then I screwed up the 3rd piece, oh well I’ll order another piece. Finished the back though.
C05FEFDC-2676-4868-AA79-2D3684739DEE.jpeg

aclosedmind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Got the second level "stop the hop" kit installed along with Baer Eradispeed 2 piece rotors for the rear to match the fronts which were recently done. Also got a 4 wheel alignment. Was getting sick of my cockeyed GT350 steering wheel after getting the FRPP track handling pack installed.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
GT Pony, I must say, I was a tad hesitant to add an H or an X pipe, given how happy I was with the sound of the stock active exhaust on my 2018. I flip flopped back and forth about doing it for at least 6 weeks. After watching YouTube videos, for what seemed like years, on the sounds of X and H pipes, I decided on the less raspy and lower pitched H-pipe sound. I only swapped out the resonator with the H-pipe, everything else was left stock, including the mufflers etc.

After driving the car, I am more than extremely happy with the results, the sound is amplified (not extreme, or too subtle). To me, the sound increase is just right and the lower tone is even better. I would encourage anyone who may be considering an H/X pipe depending upon your preference to take the plunge, it is well worth the small investment.

I am going to tay and post up some before and after videos on the site, if I can figure it out :)
@Franklin Yeti ... Thanks for the info :thumbsup: ... sounds like a good mod if just wanting a little more exhaust noise. Did you install it yourself? If so, any hints or things to watch out for?
Sponsored