2018 Challenger Scat Pack
don't forget to check the horn oil pan and the blinker fluid
Sponsored

MustangMahi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium : Pony Package
So what's the verdict? Does Ford yet have a part that doesn't fail...or is everyone just purchasing the ESP so they don't have to fix this out of pocket?

Well if this is an issue that has been going on forever I dont think we can rely on Ford creating a non faulty part and if they did there is no way to tell the dealership has the most up to date part.

These dealerships are going through so many cars they are not exactly giving our cars the TLC we may imagine in our head.

I think the ESP may be a good option... Is it a good value ?

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Ford says the compressor pump is bad. Seems strange at only 24k miles, but we'll see.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Ford says the compressor pump is bad. Seems strange at only 24k miles, but we'll see.
In my experience since the 70's, it is NOT unheard of for dealers to intentionally misdiagnose a problem if the current procedures and oversight let them get away with it. That way they get paid for multiple repairs instead of just one. Not saying that applies to your situation, just sayin'.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
In my experience since the 70's, it is NOT unheard of for dealers to intentionally misdiagnose a problem if the current procedures and oversight let them get away with it. That way they get paid for multiple repairs instead of just one. Not saying that applies to your situation, just sayin'.
Honestly, I don't know if they even checked the freon levels. I'm going to be severely PISSED if it turns out to be the condenser.

Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Well I just joined the evaporator club!
Had noticed that the demist function wasn't very effective so complained when car went in for routine service at 21,000kms
Told I need a new evaporator, dashboard has to come out, car needed for 2 days and they expect to have a new replacement unit to install in 7-10 days.
Interesting that the guy in the service dept said they had more failed compressors than evaporator units so far.
Good old Ford!

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Mine is at the dealer getting the evaporator replaced right now. They gave me a brand new Explorer as a loaner. Just for the short time I have driven the Explorer, I can definitely say do not expect me to get a SUV. It is just too high up and too big for me.

Compared to some of the posts on this thread, I really appreciate how well my dealer dealt with this and how they have treated me.

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Anyone know if the Extra Care extended warranty covers the repair of the issues people are having with their AC’s? Debating on getting it instead of the Premium Care one

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Anyone know if the Extra Care extended warranty covers the repair of the issues people are having with their AC’s? Debating on getting it instead of the Premium Care one
Yes it does ... see attached PDF. Under AIR CONDITIONING & HEATING it says "Evaporator".

Attachments

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
My evap has failed (core leaks) three times in 10k miles.

For the GT350 and possibly the S550 GT the last evaporator part assemblies are Y for dual zone a/c and W for the single a/c.

After these, are there other new parts for the evap? (It's the last letter in the evap assembly entry in the repair invoice). Who's the evap manufacturer or source?

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Yes it does ... see attached PDF. Under AIR CONDITIONING & HEATING it says "Evaporator".
Anyone know the going rate for the "Extra Care" ESP?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Anyone know the going rate for the "Extra Care" ESP?
Go here and get a price quote. Flood Ford seems to be about the cheapest cost you'll find. And yes, they sell an official Ford extended warranty, just like you would buy directly from Ford.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
Got mine back yesterday and I have cold air again. Based on my conversation with the service advisor that handled my Mustang, if your dealer is giving you problems in fixing it, find another dealer. This is a known issue. I am lucky in that my dealer wants to make sure you are taken care of and happy. They want you to come back for future service and buy your next car from them.

rr17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2017 GTPP
Got mine back yesterday and I have cold air again. Based on my conversation with the service advisor that handled my Mustang, if your dealer is giving you problems in fixing it, find another dealer. This is a known issue. I am lucky in that my dealer wants to make sure you are taken care of and happy. They want you to come back for future service and buy your next car from them.

Could you please share the name of the dealer that worked on your car?

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
Could you please share the name of the dealer that worked on your car?
Billy Howell Ford in Cumming. They are on Hwy 9 just north of Peachtree Parkway.
Sponsored