Sponsored

Wheel brands to consider?.....

censport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW M3/2011 BMW X5/ 2017 GT350R
i'm wanting to get a set of custom wheels for the R for street use so i can save the carbon wheels for the track.

wanting to go 19x11 square so i can rotate and get rid of the poke in the rear.

i'm not digging any style signature wheel has, the forgeline GA1R is gorgeous and light but 1,650 per wheel, ouch.

i like BC forged RZ10 style wheel

vorsteiner doesn't make anything that will fit the R

i don't really dig anything from vossen

and HRE's are even more than the forgelines, starting at 2,200 per wheel.

any other brands to look out for?

looking for lightweight and custom offset to get that perfect look.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Sounds like you want a really nice wheel that's comparable to the R wheels for a lot less money. Well that's what you get with Forgeline and HRE, those are less expensive than the CF wheels.

hr884

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Have you looked at True Forged?

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Actually our least expensive Forged wheel comes in at $1,300/per wheel (in 17"). That same wheel in 20" goes for $1600/per wheel (6 wheel styles at this price point, two 1-piece wheels, four 3-piece wheels). Just wanted to throw that out there.

Also that's not considering our FlowForm wheels, which in 20" start at $675/per wheel and are also TUV certified/approved like our Forged wheels are, so you can rest assured you've got yourself a high quality wheel set.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Sounds like you want a really nice wheel that's comparable to the R wheels for a lot less money. Well that's what you get with Forgeline and HRE, those are less expensive than the CF wheels.
You get what you pay for.. You will not find a comparable wheel for less. By comparable I mean the wheel dynamics and strength properties to include weight. I was going to buy a set of GA1R's for my track pack and instead purchased an R. The wheels alone are worth it.

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I've never had a set of Weld/Forgestar wheels. However, I did check them out when I was looking for wheels and found they are not forged despite the name. They are a spun pressure cast wheel. Personally, I feel their name and their use of the phrase "rotary forged flow formed barrel" are misleading and therefore I ruled them out for my wheels. The process used by Forgestar does not resemble the manufacturing of a forged wheel in any way which is why they are cheaper than a Forgeline or HRE wheel. I'm not saying they don't make a nice wheel (I don't know). A spun pressure cast wheel is superior to a cast wheel but none compare to a forged wheel for strength and weight. You really do get what you pay for when it comes to wheels.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Shelby Venom wheels if you want square. Weld Racing makes these for Shelby and Weld recently bought out Forgestar, so these are basically Forgestar CF10's with minor detail changes...

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/venomgt350.htm
And I hope that Weld continues to let Forgestar do their thing and not get too involved. Weld has been inconsistent throughout the years in quality.

I run Forgestar CF5V's but if I could, Forgeline all day every day.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I've never had a set of Weld/Forgestar wheels. However, I did check them out when I was looking for wheels and found they are not forged despite the name. They are a spun pressure cast wheel. Personally, I feel their name and their use of the phrase "rotary forged flow formed barrel" are misleading and therefore I ruled them out for my wheels. The process used by Forgestar does not resemble the manufacturing of a forged wheel in any way which is why they are cheaper than a Forgeline or HRE wheel. I'm not saying they don't make a nice wheel (I don't know). A spun pressure cast wheel is superior to a cast wheel but none compare to a forged wheel for strength and weight. You really do get what you pay for when it comes to wheels.
Flow formed, rotary forged, spun forged, pressure spinning, etc etc etc...it's all basically the same process and is focused on the barrel mainly too as opposed to a fully forged monoblock wheel that has been milled only after the aluminum block has been hulk'ified.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Btw, you're not rotating wheels on a GT350 without some finagling with spacers up front. The offset up front is a crazy 26+...

OP
OP

censport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW M3/2011 BMW X5/ 2017 GT350R
Btw, you're not rotating wheels on a GT350 without some finagling with spacers up front. The offset up front is a crazy 26+...
yes i am aware that i would have to run a spacer up front. what finagling is there to do? just leave the spacer on the front and take the wheels off.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
yes i am aware that i would have to run a spacer up front. what finagling is there to do? just leave the spacer on the front and take the wheels off.
Yeah that's it. By finagling I meant need to prep. I know it's not hard.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
i'm wanting to get a set of custom wheels for the R for street use so i can save the carbon wheels for the track.

i'm not digging any style signature wheel has, the forgeline GA1R is gorgeous and light but 1,650 per wheel, ouch.

If I may help out, I have worked on more Shelby GT350's for setups then any other vendor or individual on the board.

For a 19x11 square setup it is possible and I do it all the time actually.

We have 2 options for this.

1. Is a True square with the same offset all around, this will need a 25 mm spacer and 3" front studs to work best, but allows for you to rotate the setup.

2. Is a square footprint 19x11 with staggered offsets you may rotate side to side depending on the tire you go with.

Now for brands you have some options.

Rotory forged

HRE Flow Form
Forgestar Wheels
P51 Wheels
MRR M600 Wheels

For fully Forged (Most popular option)

BC Forged wheels under $3200 shipped
HRE Forged wheels as stated start at $1300 a wheel
Forgeline Wheels

Of course we help take care of board members as best as possible.

Let me know if we can help you out.

HR213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Grabber Blue, black roof

I've been through the same process for the last month, looking at all the wheel manufactures that would have anything in a 19x11 (+52 to +56) offset then using 25mm front H&R spacer run a true square setup. Lot's of research and calls.

Criteria:
Weight (as close to OEM carbon's) Every .5 lb of unsprung weight makes a difference.
Strength (ability to hold up to track abuse)
Brake clearance (GT350 Front Caliper top to barrel clearance)
Appearance
Price (reasonable)

In the end I ended up choosing Signature SV502 19x11 as they had great caliper clearance, strength and weight was 20.4 lbs. Plus the option to add knurling.

Always ask what is the actual weight and GT350 brake clearance.

Next I purchased the ZL1 addons titanium lugs to help reduce the weight.

Check the weight of tires your looking at as they can vary significantly.

All the wheel/tire guys that advertise here are very knowledgeable and a tremendous resource. Give them a shout.

Hope this helps.
Sponsored