Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Congrats. I think I see it in the photos but can you confirm that the wheel curtain scoops are functional. Should be.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Hope you enjoy the EcoBoost PP!

Since you've owned both, what did you think of the GT350 and Corvette?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I look forward to the in depth comparison of the GT, 350 & EB! ;)

Congrats - that's a sharp looking Mustang :cheers:

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice love my Ecoboost Mustang you will also. :thumbsup: You get the 6spd or A10.

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Congrats. I think I see it in the photos but can you confirm that the wheel curtain scoops are functional. Should be.
Yes, they are. Just like the 15-17 they are vented, I'll snap a pic in a bit.

Hope you enjoy the EcoBoost PP!

Since you've owned both, what did you think of the GT350 and Corvette?
I look forward to the in depth comparison of the GT, 350 & EB! ;)

Congrats - that's a sharp looking Mustang :cheers:
So to answer your question on the comparison: I wasn't that big on the 350. I'm probably one of only a few people to not praise it. I didn't buy it as a track car, but as an upgrade to my daily driver, and compared to my 15 GT, it wasn't as good as a daily. Down low it didn't have any oomph, in fact the ecoboost has more oomph punching the gas peddle from light to light. (Funny story, I got into a race with a bolt on Ford Fusion, he was behind me, I was in the 350, and we gunned in when the light turned green, and he almost rear ended me because he accelerated from a stop so much quicker). You don't get any power in the 350 until your over 3500 rpm. I also didn't care for the ride quality of the 350. Not saying it was harsh or soft, I actually didn't like the magneride. I had my GT on full BMR suspension, and it felt more like a sports car. I didn't like the magneride adjusting to the bumps and such. Even in sport mode, felt more like a luxury sedan than a sports car. Plus it ate up tires and I was spending $250+ a month in gas just cruising around. So shortly after we rented a convertible ecoboost mustang in california (which was why it felt punchier, I still had the 350 at the time) and it was my first time in a convertible, and I loved it. But I always hated the soft top look. So I saw a picture of a stingray with the targa top down, and started looking into them, and fell in love. It had everything I wanted: Basically a hard top convertible, faster than the 350 both in a straight line and almost as fast on a track in base from, which is what I got because I didn't want magneride again, plus I could get it in a manual, tires lasted 30k+ miles (I did extensive forum readings, some people were getting 40k+ miles on a set of tires) vs roughly 10k miles for the 350. Oil changes weren't $120 because it takes 5qt of standard 5w 30, and it could get 30+ mpg on the highway. I also loved being real low to the ground in the vette. And believe it or not, the vette has a ton of trunk space, more than the mustang if you don't fold the seats down, since it's technically a hatchback. Also insurance is cheaper on the vette. I really had no complaints about the Vette at all, only thing I didn't like was the exhaust note. Nothing sounds as good as a mustang. Bose sound system was great, it had a slight cam lope at idle so the whole car would shake while sitting in neutral like an old school muscle car. I really will miss that Vette.

As far as the ecoboost, it's hard to compare to the last 3 vehicles I had. It feels like driving a tank compared to the vette I just came from, so it's a big adjustment period for me. But since it has the PP it does have some decent grip when swinging around corners. I will definitely lower it on BMR lowering springs and boost it up, but so far so good. If I could have swung the extra money I definitely would have gotten the new 18 5.0 since it has a bit of the 350 in it, as far as exhaust sound and higher RPM goes, but while retaining the practicality of the 5.0. Unfortunately I was just too upside down in the Vette.

After all said and done, I definitely miss my 15 GT the most tho. Maybe it was the hours I spent underneath it doing upgrades (20 hours alone doing the longtube headers on jack stands) and all the blood and sweat I shed. It sounded amazing with my catless longtubes and Magnaflow race exhaust (not as good as the 350 but still damn good) It was fast and I got 29 mpg on the highway. But life goes on.

39330690095_9c27319d59_c.jpg
IMG_9867 by Ryan Jones, on Flickr
39517362344_bef698201c_c.jpg
IMG_0049 by Ryan Jones, on Flickr
39330691825_0297ba7565_c.jpg
20161118_173945 by Ryan Jones, on Flickr
39330688195_4515c1de2f_c.jpg
20170922_150032 by Ryan Jones, on Flickr
39517359974_b3b60686c7_c.jpg
20170922_145813 by Ryan Jones, on Flickr

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I've got a 17 EB PP MT. It's a great blend of fun and practicality, IMO. Just a few more mods and it will be perfect, right?

ISHLISS

Chevy & Ford Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro LT1
The PP wheels on the eco look so much nicer then the PP wheels on the GT.

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
...................................................................... So I saw a picture of a stingray with the targa top down, and started looking into them, and fell in love. It had everything I wanted: Basically a hard top convertible......................

39517359974_b3b60686c7_c.jpg
20170922_145813 by Ryan Jones, on Flickr
If Ford put a targa top on a Mustang I would buy one in an instant...:cheers:

And congrats on being back in a Mustang....:cheers:

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
Nice comparison write-up Verakai!
You don't see an owner of 3 different S550 Mustang models and a Vette that often....or ever.
Makes for an interesting read for sure.

Thanks!

Mike5876

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue GT 1194 RWHP
car

I had a 2015 z51 vette with a 76mm Hellion turbo kit was fun but i kept looking at mustangs

got a super trick 2015 GTR loved it but where i moved the streets are terrible

got a 2017 gt350r hated it...no low end power tracked all over the road ate gas

have a 2018 GT with the Hellion twin 62mm turbos i might be liking this the best of the group

just thought id give my 2 cents worth

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I've got a 17 EB PP MT. It's a great blend of fun and practicality, IMO. Just a few more mods and it will be perfect, right?
Absolutely. I won't go too crazy on it, I'll do a Boomba BOV, Steeda CAI, Lund or Livernoid tune, and catless downpipe. Maybe a INtercooler later, and that's about it.

The PP wheels on the eco look so much nicer then the PP wheels on the GT.
Yes, this may be my first vehicle that I don't change out the wheels on.

If Ford put a targa top on a Mustang I would buy one in an instant...:cheers:

And congrats on being back in a Mustang....:cheers:
I agree. There is a company that does it, but it costs north of 10k. And thanks!

Nice comparison write-up Verakai!
You don't see an owner of 3 different S550 Mustang models and a Vette that often....or ever.
Makes for an interesting read for sure.

Thank you! It has been an interesting trip.

Thanks!
I had a 2015 z51 vette with a 76mm Hellion turbo kit was fun but i kept looking at mustangs

got a super trick 2015 GTR loved it but where i moved the streets are terrible

got a 2017 gt350r hated it...no low end power tracked all over the road ate gas

have a 2018 GT with the Hellion twin 62mm turbos i might be liking this the best of the group

just thought id give my 2 cents worth
So at least I'm not the only one with the feelings on the 350. I did a Steeda G track brace on the front to help with the front end, but it did little. Still pulled all over the place. If I didn't get rid of it I was going to get a new set of wheels for it and run smaller tires all around, 255 up front and 275 in the rear. Doesn't have enough low end power to need more than that, and no need on massive tire patch for DD. Would have helped with gas consumption and tracking.

I was planning on Procharging the Vette. I always kept looking at stangs. And yeah, I liked my GT the best of the group as well, but I think that was mostly due to all the work I put into it. Vette was awesome.