Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Order 18 GT Fastback M6T Kona Mag Rec Forged
They give you final driveaway price?
Kona will look fabulous.
No final price yet.....Current contract received today has a Vehicle price of 99999 which is obviously not final. My previous search from last week indicated base prices of 62990 for manual, 66259 for auto and 74709 for convertible......I have been advised that price will be confirmed by Ford next week.....Thanks for any additional info
Sponsored

V8KOOP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback Competition Orange manual
Wow $81k thats $25k plus over a run out 2017!!! Big premium......

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
No final price yet.....Current contract received today has a Vehicle price of 99999 which is obviously not final. My previous search from last week indicated base prices of 62990 for manual, 66259 for auto and 74709 for convertible......I have been advised that price will be confirmed by Ford next week.....Thanks for any additional info
Do you know how much the dealer is charging for delivery costs ?
I will be seeing my dealer this Tuesday to finalise prices but he has already offered to discount his charges to get the total to a level that we can agree on.

Last edited:

Bullant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Order 18 GT Fastback M6T Kona Mag Rec Forged
Do you know how much the dealer is charging for delivery costs ?
I will be seeing my dealer this Tuesday to finalise prices but he has already offered to discount his charges to get the total to a level that we can agree on.
Delivery charges listed as $2995 and Thanks to this forum I can see these are negotiable

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Delivery charges listed as $2995 and Thanks to this forum I can see these are negotiable
It's basically beer money for the dealer.

Screw them as hard as you can to reduce it.

Sponsored

Mikeybrah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Can anyone shed any light on how long it took 15-17 gts to drop in price?

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
About June 2017 really started to drop.
About 18 months after initial deliveries.

Expect MY 18 to be discounted sooner cos it's a facelift with a few enhancements AND there is not 40 years pent up demand.

Anyone who wants a Mustang now can get a newbie for $55 k or lesswith 5 years warranty

Mikeybrah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
About June 2017 really started to drop.
About 18 months after initial deliveries.

Expect MY 18 to be discounted sooner cos it's a facelift with a few enhancements AND there is not 40 years pent up demand.

Anyone who wants a Mustang now can get a newbie for $55 k or lesswith 5 years warranty
Thanks for that, what your saying makes sense. Hanging in for the next 6 months then im jumping onboard the mustang train.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
The fact that us discussing discounting on a car thats not even available yet is a huge blight on Ford and the way it's handling sales of MY17. Once u set a trend people will expect the same over and now people are becoming mistrusting. Good one FORD.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
I haven't seen a car yet that wasn't discounted after release. It's nothing new, unusual or exclusive to Ford or the Mustang. Early adopters always pay a premium and lose the most in depreciation.

The only way to minimize that is buy used a couple of years after release. There's usually ones coming off lease starting around 2 years but mostly around the 3 year mark.

Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I haven't seen a car yet that wasn't discounted after release. It's nothing new, unusual or exclusive to Ford or the Mustang. Early adopters always pay a premium and lose the most in depreciation.

The only way to minimize that is buy used a couple of years after release. There's usually ones coming off lease starting around 2 years but mostly around the 3 year mark.
Sorry, no smart company discounts a totally new successful $65K car by $12K after just 18months. Thats nearly 20%. That's not usual. $4-6k might be a acceptable.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
I had a look for the $55k Mustangs from Victoria last night. Everything was 2017 run-out cars. I found a manual at $55k but the autos at $55k were 99% hail damaged and repaired. There were some autos at $60k but fairly basic.
The 5 year warranty and 3year(3 services?) free were run-out hooks to move stock - still very worthwhile. (most of the cars were Feb to June 2017 build)
I found one auto at $52k but it was a 2016 car.
I know buying early in any cars model life will cost, but looking at the specs there are a few dollars in the upgrades.(money I was going to spend in exhaust,suspension,audio anyway.)
If I can get a deal that works I'll be keeping this car 3-4 years so hopefully won't take too much of a bath on re-sale.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I had a look for the $55k Mustangs from Victoria last night. Everything was 2017 run-out cars. I found a manual at $55k but the autos at $55k were 99% hail damaged and repaired. There were some autos at $60k but fairly basic.
The 5 year warranty and 3year(3 services?) free were run-out hooks to move stock - still very worthwhile. (most of the cars were Feb to June 2017 build)
I found one auto at $52k but it was a 2016 car.
I know buying early in any cars model life will cost, but looking at the specs there are a few dollars in the upgrades.(money I was going to spend in exhaust,suspension,audio anyway.)
If I can get a deal that works I'll be keeping this car 3-4 years so hopefully won't take too much of a bath on re-sale.
Those advertised prices are indicative only. People have been paying low $50s and this has been going on since middle of last year.

Anchor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Those advertised prices are indicative only. People have been paying low $50s and this has been going on since middle of last year.
You sure of that? Low 50's for a GT? Unless the dealer is willing to lose a fair hunk of money or it's an ex-service loaner I can't see that happening..

If I advertise something ridiculously cheap already discounted, that isn't my indicative price, it's the price i'll sell it at.

You're all blaming Ford when it's just as much the consumers fault as well..
FYI - there's no official incentives from Ford to help the dealers on Mustangs apart from the warranty. So those discounts are the dealers and not the manufacturer at all.

I bet i'm going to get flamed for this comment :frusty:

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Yes. $81,497.70 which is for GT fastback, Orange Fury, magnaride, forged wheels, auto. The only thing is the paint extra was only a guess at $500 because they could not find that in the system. At the moment I have decided to not go ahead with it unless we can get the price below $80,000.
The price is on the road. If you have a look at the other thread "Are you upgrading to 2018" there is a lot of info posted by others.
***** LEAKED PRICING & SPECS !!

If correct, this is encouraging news - depending on the Standard Spec level (base Performance Pack?)

Starting GT Price @ AU$62.9K ($66.259 for the 10Sp Auto) plus ORC, And a handy 339Kw / 556Nm :ford:

"What looks to be the pricing and specs for each variant of the local 2018 Ford Mustang have been leaked online.

A reliable (yet unofficial) source alerted MOTOR to the information, which outlines pricing for each variant, as well as specs for both engine types in the incoming Ponies.

Starting with the V8, pricing for the Mustang GT starts at $62,990 before on-roads, for which you get access to a 339kW/556Nm (33kW/26Nm up from the previous gen) 5.0-litre engine coupled with a manual ā€˜box.

This, by the way, is 4kW and 13Nm less than the US-spec Mustang GT.

In automatic, leaked info says that price rises to $66,259. Chopping the roof off brings that up to $74,709. Thereā€™s no manual drop-top, just as in the current gen.
Compare these prices to the $57,490, $59,990, and $65,916 (respectively) currently available, thereā€™s a noticeable increase in pricing. But that comes with a noticeable improvement in both performance and spec.

Pricing for some options is also part of the information leak, with ā€˜OTTā€™ Stripe graphics costing $650, silver wheels at $500, or forged alloys costing $2500.
Also available is a wing for $750, Recaro seats for $3000, and MagneRide suspension for $2750."

https://www.motormag.com.au/news/180...d-specs-leaked
Sponsored

Last edited: