Sponsored

Whipple whine mod - sound tube?

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I get a lot of high pitched screeching through the stage 2 kit; I think it's the bypass valve opening and closing. At WOT it sounds fine, but under low boost situations it is like nails on a chalkboard. Also, the air/bugs coming into the airbox from the front of the car shoots right through the tube and blows all over your leg. I am going to wad up some loose cell foam and stuff it in there; should solve both issues while letting more sound through. I should have gone with the stage 1 kit (which reuses part of the stock sound tube) but I had already removed it for the Whipple install and I wasn't about to wrestle with putting it back on.
Sponsored

Last edited:

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Shawn's kit is top notch and Shawn is a top notch guy. I have never met Shawn but he has always been nothing but helpful to me. I think the price is very fair considering that it comes ready to go. Price is really a subjective matter, but I guarantee if you want more whine you will not be disappointed.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I decided not to purchase the kit, I'll just take my wife with me more often.
Plenty of whine that way!

Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I get a lot of high pitched screeching through the stage 2 kit; I think it's the bypass valve opening and closing. At WOT it sounds fine, but under low boost situations it is like nails on a chalkboard. Also, the air/bugs coming into the airbox from the front of the car shoots right through the tube and blows all over your leg. I am going to wad up some loose cell foam and stuff it in there; should solve both issues while letting more sound through. I should have gone with the stage 1 kit (which reuses part of the stock sound tube) but I had already removed it for the Whipple install and I wasn't about to wrestle with putting it back on.
Shawn reached out to me and we are working on this. The sound that I am hearing is not typical at all and is only being made more apparent by having the sound tube in place. The sound goes away at high RPMs and that's when the glorious rotor whine comes through. Don't hesitate to buy one of these things if you are considering it. :cheers:

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I’ve had the first version of Shawn’s sound tube when it was a diy posting, since removed now, before he went full bore on research, development and expansion. Shawn was overly helpful with his idea and showed pictures of multiple attempts and expressed issues from prior attempts and was always there for help getting that first sound tube mod installed. I was always happy with what came from that setup but when I heard he had developed newer versions that offered an even better sound experience, I didn’t hesitate to get one. Well it was an incredible difference that I didn’t know I was missing and I still get the enjoyment, as do my passengers, today with that decision. Excellent directions with no guess work and all parts and tools included.

If you read this Shawn, thanks again for what you’ve created. Also congrats on the support from Whipple; can’t see a better endorsement than that.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a video of the Stage 2 sound mod in my car.

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Heres my stage one , thanks to shawn for making this happen, I really enjoy the Whipple whine and its a must to anyone who has a sc installed=)

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
So I installed a Stage 4 foster whine mod, the kits comes with everything, instructions are clear and just follow the steps and you’ll have a straight forward install,and let me tell you guys, even with a bigger pulley and one thing that makes a difference is altitude, since Im at 8000+ da , the whine is even less present, but with this stage 4 , I was being skeptical if it would make a difference vs stage 1 but thought Id give it a try, and damm!! Shes screaming now!!! My mpg got hurt but my smiles per gallon definitely went up. Had a friend bragging about a lightning had so much whine and how much he had like that, but this is as loud as a lightning is and I never thought it would even come close !!!

Sponsored
OP
OP

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Wanted to give you guys an update

I was a little hesitant spending $120 on a sound tube replacement because I thought I could build one just as good for much less.

Let me tell you, that's not the case anymore. Shawn's kit is complete with everything you'll possibly need for the install. Fit and finish is OEM and there is no guess work. I ran into a few issue during install, nothing kit related but more of my own capabilities. Shawn was there to help along the way. Answering my questions and guiding me through the install. Never once frustrated by my stupid and basic questions. What an awesome guy.

As far as the sound - incredible. If you have a whipple or other supercharger, you owe it to yourself to get one of these sound tubes. It's worth it.

mh82ee.jpg

BoostedBen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Premium
Anyone have this kit with a Roush/TVS blower? If so, results/thoughts? Curious on the results as it seems almost everyone posting in this forum has a Whipple.

Thanks!

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Equip.Group 400A
[MENTION=33337]BoostedBen[/MENTION], Shawn has Roush and Kenne Bell kits. Here’s his contact info if you need it...Shawn 207 231 4112. FosterSCMods.com

http://youtu.be/r_1uUZ64eWs

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Let me share my experience, Im located at high altitude 8000+da and that equals to less boost , less boost= less whine so I did the stage 1 mod, and it made a huge difference and was ok with that, but when I switch to a small 3” pulley the whine was alot louder and loved it but I cant use that pulley tune combo for dd, so I thought Id gave shawns kit a try and see if it made a difference and its as loud now with the stock pulley as it was with the 3” pulley on stage 1 whine mod, and since Im a bit crazy shawn told me he could turn it up a notch yet with handmade cone wich made it a tad louder yet, so now I have all the whine I could ever need=) next mod is earplugs
Sponsored