Edelbrock 2650 Stage 2 10.57@135

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
As Kenne Bell's biggest S550 dealer, tester, and holding the highest HP supercharged Coyote record, I will 100% back up Whipple, and we don't even sell their product.. Dustin knows his stuff, and while some may not agree with the approach, most are missing the drama that was brought to SEMA and layed at their feet.

If you call out my product, you had better be able to back it up. Whipple has one of the nicest kits on the market. Almost as nice as Kenne Bell. ;)

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Gearhead2685 you are like virus my friend spreading your infections fake news and negatively everywhere you go. Your perspective sucks, It's not all about you winning the argument here. If you would open your mind and not just hate on Whipple SC because you can, you would see he is one most helpful vendors on this forum. Whipple SC is the owner of Whipple corporation and he takes time to come into these forums and engage with his customers to support and to listen to what they have to say. Where else do you see that in this industry, an owner CEO so passionate about their product that they will converse daily with his customer base. Where's Roush, Eldlebrock, Kenne Bell, Procharger for their customers, surly not here or not often enough, and maybe because jug heads like you are always throwing a monkey wrench into every thread, it must be maddening. Do us all a favor and give it up and move on.

Last edited:

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
LOL It's a different approach - they using speed vs power not rpm vs power - they do the same in EU. Narrow minded?
Speed, rpm, time, doesn’t matter on an inertia dyno, gives you the same reading. Force = Mass * Acceleration. You can interpolate RPM very easily. Since it peaked at 230km, that’s 142mph which is typically 4th gear.

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Dam some of us just want info on the kit. Whipple cheerleaders have turned this to a shit show!
Yup...it's now officially a shit show:headbonk:

Blown_90LX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold boosted 5.0L Fox & 4.6 Cobra
Who the fu*k talks to potential customers like that?
I do, it’s simple, calling us out for not running well is a joke, I actually take offense to it.

Thanks for answering my question. That’s how a Diamond Sponsor talks to forum members? The Admins should ban you.

In case you haven’t noticed many people take offense to almost everything that comes out of your mouth on here. Several people just on this thread alone have said how your horrible, arrogant demeanor turned them off from your products. If you piss off even two or three people on this forum that translates into $20-$30,000 in lost topline revenue. Why pay to sponsor the forum and then drive up your CAC (customer acquisition cost)? If you worked at my business I’d let you go.

Though I assumed based on your lack of caring or awareness of the public-facing marketing collateral that this forum creates, that you were a 17 year old intern at Whipple handling social media, someone suggested you are the VP or CEO!? Your babyish remarks about being mad at Edelbrock and that ‘they started it’ make you sound like an angry middle school student throwing stones in a glass house.

One thing you should understand is just because you build a solid product, doesn’t ever make it ok to disrespect new and current customers.

strongholdsteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Speed, rpm, time, doesn’t matter on an inertia dyno, gives you the same reading. Force = Mass * Acceleration. You can interpolate RPM very easily. Since it peaked at 230km, that’s 142mph which is typically 4th gear.
Wrong answer - I know the basics form school. It was an answer to your "LOL" about that Aussie Dyno sheet.

230 kph for me would be 5th already - I assume you know what gearing they are running? Because I don't.

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Wrong answer - I know the basics form school. It was an answer to your "LOL" about that Aussie Dyno sheet.

230 kph for me would be 5th already - I assume you know what gearing they are running? Because I don't.
142mph at 7500rpm would be 4th gear with stock gear ratios. Original post said short shifting st 7200 at the track so I assume they are revving last 7500. If you start a shift at 7200, it takes a minimum of 500rpm to complete a shift or you’ll bump hr limiter.

strongholdsteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gearhead2685 you are like virus my friend spreading your infections fake news and negatively everywhere you go. ...
His car is "stalk sealed" bone stock AFIK.

But judging by the way he post he must be around 2000 rwhp Top fuel dragster pro racing since he was 5...

strongholdsteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
142mph at 7500rpm would be 4th gear with stock gear ratios.
And what is the stock gear ratio for AU? I believe it's 3.55 like all exports so (not being sure about his MT drag radial size but lets assume OD 28 inch) so 248 kph @ 7500 rpm so 155 mph not 142.

Improve your math you must my young padawan...

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
And what is the stock gear ratio for AU? I believe it's 3.55 like all exports so (not being sure about his MT drag radial size but lets assume OD 28 inch) so 248 kph @ 7500 rpm so 155 mph not 142.

Improve your math you must my young padawan...
So your suggesting 3rd gear? I wasn’t giving exact numbers, just stating that is 4th gear. 3rd gear is pretty short but not bad for testing. 5th gear hits speed limiter.

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
As Kenne Bell's biggest S550 dealer, tester, and holding the highest HP supercharged Coyote record, I will 100% back up Whipple, and we don't even sell their product.. Dustin knows his stuff, and while some may not agree with the approach, most are missing the drama that was brought to SEMA and layed at their feet.

If you call out my product, you had better be able to back it up. Whipple has one of the nicest kits on the market. Almost as nice as Kenne Bell. ;)
I agree. I've had nothing but positive experiences with Kenne Bell and Whipple. Just looking at the Edlebrock kit turned me off from it. In my unscientific opinion it looks undersized and inefficient. With that being said They make quality products and I understand not everyone who has a S550 is look for 800whp.

I think it's great that Whipple is on here educating the forum members. Marketing is designed to steer customers to certain products even if it means hiding the truth. Dustin always backs up his posts with data thatbhas been analyzed. When I was on the fence about a Kenne Bell or Whipple he went out of his way to answer all my questions and didn't put them down. Kenne Bell was the same way in that they complimented Whipple and didn't bash them.
Sponsored