Sponsored

Traded in the Shelby for a 2018 GT

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
So, the REALLY smart people, since we are talking finance, probably buy a one or two year old car and pay cash or get a great interest rate. Not sure I would want to pay cash and lose $10K right off the top. We got a 2014 BMW 328d with 25K miles for $30K out the door, with a 100k mile warranty and 50k maintenance. It was a $50K car a year and a half before we bought it.....
That being said, not sure I would want a used muscle car.....
Paid cash in '17 for my '15 GT PP w/Recaros used with under 6K miles with about $13K of mods installed (majority being the Whipple). Not my daily driver so wasn't really worried about it. Drives great and is truly a blast. And for what I paid for it, I couldn't even get a base GT.
Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I hear ya bro. My next worth is only like 1.2 mil. Not a lot but I will be fine in retirement. Only 6 years to go and I'm cashing out and headed to a beach somewhere. Have not checked the market today but I've lost $80K since last Friday. Only about 600K is in the market. Rest is in my house and all of the cars I make big payments on except for the paid off ones.
I lost about $30K in 2 weeks. It always goes back up.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I lost about $30K in 2 weeks. It always goes back up.
Gotta stay in for the long run. Historical trends are always up. I'm getting closer to pulling the plug. In about 1-2 more years I'll move all of mine to a much more conservation fund. I'm rolling the dice now. Still all in the highest risk funds. I really should move it next year but I'm going to wait.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotta stay in for the long run. Historical trends are always up. I'm getting closer to pulling the plug. In about 1-2 more years I'll move all of mine to a much more conservation fund. I'm rolling the dice now. Still all in the highest risk funds. I really should move it next year but I'm going to wait.
I sold some off before the dip but still took a good hit of course. It's rebounded some. But I'm 20yrs away from retiring probably anyway.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Paid cash in '17 for my '15 GT PP w/Recaros used with under 6K miles with about $13K of mods installed (majority being the Whipple). Not my daily driver so wasn't really worried about it. Drives great and is truly a blast. And for what I paid for it, I couldn't even get a base GT.
How did you pass smog with the whipple?

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipple is legal. Because of how the CARB number info is written.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I'm liking the color of yours. Had they had that color optioned how I wanted it, I would have gotten it.
This color is something else!!
27355578_10155244686188730_6319854020301770631_o.jpg

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Not a bad decision. Nice man!

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
Even with that warranty that sounds like way too much.
Her BMW is loaded and it was two years ago. She got a job 14 miles from our house, so the 60k miles she has on it now, will stay for a long time. It was listed at $37K....and is a great car.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Nice ride, I wish I had waited for the 2018's. You can add a lot of GT350 parts to the GT to improve handling and performance. Most of the GT350 parts are really reasonably priced. So far I have GT350R springs, sway bars, replica wheels, track pack spoiler, and steering wheel. You can also get the cold air intake and intake manifold (I hear the 18's are about as good though). My next upgrade is some Performance pack Brembos.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Nice ride, I wish I had waited for the 2018's. You can add a lot of GT350 parts to the GT to improve handling and performance. Most of the GT350 parts are really reasonably priced. So far I have GT350R springs, sway bars, replica wheels, track pack spoiler, and steering wheel. You can also get the cold air intake and intake manifold (I hear the 18's are about as good though). My next upgrade is some Performance pack Brembos.
You need new shocks and struts badly. Those GT350R springs actually make your suspension performance WORSE on a road course and especially on autocross. They're not matched to base GT shocks at all and because they're stiffer they would induce understeer until the dampers are corrected. Add insult to injury, since you went with GT350 sway bars, that understeer would be exaggerated even more. Just because it came off of a higher performance derivative doesn't mean it's higher performing in your application. You need to consider the entire system as a whole.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
You need new shocks and struts badly. Those GT350R springs actually make your suspension performance WORSE on a road course and especially on autocross. They're not matched to base GT shocks at all and because they're stiffer they would induce understeer until the dampers are corrected. Add insult to injury, since you went with GT350 sway bars, that understeer would be exaggerated even more. Just because it came off of a higher performance derivative doesn't mean it's higher performing in your application. You need to consider the entire system as a whole.
He has the koni adjustable setup. Companies like steeda sell more aggressive sway bars than the gt350 so it shouldn’t be that bad since a lot of forum members run those. In addition, he has a square wheel and tire setup so understeer won’t be as pronounced anyway. I think if he just installs the rear, the car will oversteer more.

Not an expert, just wanted to say something about it.
Sponsored