Sponsored

2015 F150 Debuts with 2.7l Ecoboost Option

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
the 2.7 EB will not be for anyone who wants to tow a lot is my guess. It will be a very capable engine for those who may want to tow some, but would rather have a bit more fuel economy than all out towing capacity. It will be something to help take away colorado sales. close to 30 mpg highway will be amazing in a full size truck.
Sponsored

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
Like its predecessor the 3.5L EcoBoost, this second-generation 2.7L EcoBoost dynamo achieves great low-end torque and capability combined with efficiency, bringing EcoBoost technology to a new level. The compacted graphite iron block is extremely strong. It’s the same material we use in the engine block of our 6.7L PowerStroke diesel. Auto start/stop technology, a variable-displacement oil pump, and new stronger yet lighter connecting rods are just a few of the innovations that make our newest EcoBoost engine efficient and powerful enough for your work site or, for that matter, even the Baja 1000.

Check out how the all-new 2.7L EcoBoost engine conquered the Baja 1000.

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
After seeing that the 6.2 is no longer going to be offered. I wondered what engine the new Raptor would get. After looking at ford.com and reading that about then watching the Baja 1000 video. My guess Raptor gets a H.O. version of the new 2.7 ecboost. Ford seems very proud of this new engine and all its new high tech.

Sponsored

moodster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Ford will have the highest HP engine available for the Raptor.
I just hope they keep the 6.2 in it or a at least a (real)truck engine.

TearTheHorizon

Threads
Reaction score
Ford will have the highest HP engine available for the Raptor.
I just hope they keep the 6.2 in it or a at least a (real)truck engine.
Don't expect to see a raptor for 2015.
And next time you do see one, it'll be wearing an ecoboost badge.

FoMoCo_Man

***** Stalker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I don't think Ford will alienate people who want a V8 in their Raptor. My guess is that they will use the Mustang GT's 5.0 tune for the Raptor, and the typical slightly detuned 5.0 for the XL, XLT, Lariat, ect. F-150.

Sponsored

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
Ford will not have a 2.7 in the Raptor!
Did you see the 3.5 ecoboost Raptor where they bought two trucks and made it into one? It was much faster than the 6.2 raptor. Ford and SVT was very interested in it when the project was done. There was a huge following for it on FRF. Honestly only thing that was taken away from the 6.2 was the v8 sound. If they put a 5.0 in the Raptor i think they will have to put a boosted one in it. I think an ecoboost will just work better. I think if they can get 400+hp and 400+ tq out of the little 2.7 ecoboost. It will be almost purpose built for the Raptor. Which is why I said an H.O. 2.7 ecoboost. I'd be trading mine in for a much much much lighter with alot better mpg Raptor in a heart beat. It would literally fly.

Zzyzx

Threads
Reaction score
Raptor might be a great place to debut the 5.0 EB from the CobraJet program.