Sponsored

Corsa Xtreme dyno?

StockGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 base GT, Stock (for now)
Has anyone done a dyno comparison of their stock gt vs their gt with the corsa xtreme catback? I’m curious to know the difference performance wise, I tried looking through the forums but didn’t find much on just a stock gt vs corsa setup on the dyno.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Corsa has stated a handful of hp, but none of the catbacks are a significant hp improvement. Almost entirely sound.

OP
OP
StockGT

StockGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did see their dyno sheet for the gen 1 cyote which was 10 peak hp, I’m 99% sure I’m going with the corsa system for sound alone but was just curious about anyone’s experience with this on their personal cars, probably wouldn’t be enough to tell the difference anyways:shrug:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I did see their dyno sheet for the gen 1 cyote which was 10 peak hp, I’m 99% sure I’m going with the corsa system for sound alone but was just curious about anyone’s experience with this on their personal cars, probably wouldn’t be enough to tell the difference anyways:shrug:
Butt dyno? Not much. It seems to rev freer when blipping the throttle though.

OP
OP
StockGT

StockGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s interesting definitely look that rev happy feel, looking forward to it for sure.

Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Butt dyno? Not much. It seems to rev freer when blipping the throttle though.
Any gains under the curve, maybe? Not much hope here, 3" and resonator delete must do a tiny bit :lol:

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Weight reduction at least

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Weight reduction at least
The biggest performance benefit of the Corsa Xtreme is the LOLs and SPGs (smiles per gallon).

As I keep telling [MENTION=26233]Rebellion[/MENTION], go out on the freeway, windows down, put it in 3rd at ~4000 rpm and mash it. Bang into 4th just before redline and continue to let it scream. If you're not laughing like a little boy, I'm not sure what to tell ya. :lol::lol::headbang:

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The biggest performance benefit of the Corsa Xtreme is the LOLs and SPGs (smiles per gallon).

As I keep telling @Rebellion , go out on the freeway, windows down, put it in 3rd at ~4000 rpm and mash it. Bang into 4th just before redline and continue to let it scream. If you're not laughing like a little boy, I'm not sure what to tell ya. :lol::lol::headbang:
Oh trust me you're preaching to the choir! :headbang: My exhaust is an x pipe to no mufflers, absolutely screams at WOT. Gotta determine if reducing drone would be worth the money for the Xtreme's.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Oh trust me you're preaching to the choir! :headbang: My exhaust is an x pipe to no mufflers, absolutely screams at WOT. Gotta determine if reducing drone would be worth the money for the Xtreme's.
The zero drone (actually zero) is amazing and the double X in combination with it makes such a unique note. The mufflers also add a crispness to the tone of the Coyote that a muffler delete can't. I have the Sport catback now, but I had the Xtreme for about 6 months and loved it. It was a little too loud for (others) my day-to-day, but it is a fantastic exhaust. I think it's definitely worth it. Find someone in your area with it and see if you can get a ride and a listen outside.

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
When the weather warms up your welcome to meet up sometime and you can check out the Corsa on mine.

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
When the weather warms up your welcome to meet up sometime and you can check out the Corsa on mine.
I'll definitely take you up on that. Also curious to see how those BMR parts affect the car

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'll definitely take you up on that. Also curious to see how those BMR parts affect the car
Circled parts are transformative when done all together.
bmr_parts.JPG

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 1992 SSP LX 5.0 W/ 331 stroker
Corsa Extreme is a BLAST for sound alone! Totally worth it and also true about ZERO drone. I had MagnaFlo comp series when I bought it and it droned noticeably especially compared to the Corsa. And as for BMR parts transforming the car, well you can tell I like the product by my sig... lol

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
MotoIQ has a before and after dyno for the FRPP Sport exhaust and showed about a 7hp and 3tq gain. I'd imagine the Corsa Extreme being more free flowing would pick up a little more than that.
Sponsored