Sponsored

Oh snap! Ford performance track showdown!

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
No one's ever said the R wasn't faster than a base auto GT. Are you also impressed the Focus RS is faster than a Focus ST or Titanium?
I am impressed the Focus RS is only 3 seconds slower than the GT...
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Old fiesta 1.6L
And new fiesta 1.5L 3cyl

No focus ST that I saw
You’re right, my apologies. I thought the headlights were Focus.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Oh I understand the point you are trying to make. You don't understand mine. I'm done addressing you.

Aside from the fact your prices are wrong, and I never mentioned the Ford GT you still havent told me that somehow being amazed that a cheaper car is not as fast as a more expensive one.

Did you expect a $37,590 car to be almost as fast as a $64,645 car? Or are you just REALLY hung up on that I didn't do EXACT math and that is closer to 27K?

Wait let me disect this for you as you seem to have comprehension problems:

Looks like just a base GT(You know a Mustang GT, subject 1 that we are talking about). So... yeah I'd expect it to be faster for like 20K more(clearly referring to a GT350R, subject 2 that was being discussed). It's a 50% price difference.(between Subject 1 and Subject 2)

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data... and firestarter2.

If not then make for once make a valid point. You seem to be trying to toll over a point that was never spoken, so either you have some form of inability to follow conversation or you are actively making conversation points up in your mind.

Sponsored

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
3 sec slower than a PP1 GT at that.
Didn’t Top Gear do a test and Focus RS beat a 2015 Mustang GT? 2018 looks like an improvement.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Oh I understand the point you are trying to make. You don't understand mine. I'm done addressing you.
Ah, suck at conversation then. Gotcha.

Protip(that you should learn in high school english): If a person can't get your point, then you are not clearly stating it.

If you don't know how to state your point and not be a vague troll, then dont waste my time.

OP
OP
Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
To be fair I'd honestly wonder if the GT3 is over priced at that point. The hard part is that it's easy to put a price on build items, but not as easy to put a price on the engineering time.

It's less likely that the GT350 is really a 200K car for 65k, and more likely the GT3 is an over priced car at 200K. Can't argue the R is a great deal. If I was a GT3 owner and I had a 65K car off the showroom running on the track with me and putting down similar times, I'd be PISSED.
The differences between the 2 cars are still very different. Fit, finish, materials, weight, size. But You have a point. There is huge profit margin with the GT3 no doubt.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I used to also think UAmach1’s posts were trolling, but they’ve become more entertaining now that I think of him as the Mustang GT model ambassador.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
ITT:
People amazed their much more expensive car beat a cheaper one.
Person pointing out, yeah, no shit.
People still feeling need to defend their purchase for no reason.

Should I act equally amazed the GT beat the Fiestas? Then act insulted when it's pointed out I should have expected that result?

People act more childish in this sub than they do on CivicX.com or FocusRS.org

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Chip on the shoulder guy going on and on and on for 4 pages about said chip on his shoulder

Cool video, unfortunately the thread was ruined by silly bench racing. =)

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Chip on the shoulder guy going on and on and on for 4 pages about said chip on his shoulder

Cool video, unfortunately the thread was ruined by silly bench racing. =)
0 bench racing was done in this thread.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
one of the coolest videos i’ve seen in awhile, thanks!

side note, its not a 20k difference when you account fo that mawfawkin bath ya take if ya ever sell a GT, you saved much less than you think...jus sayin

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Pretty cool video. Looked like the GT350 and the GT almost touched at the end. Always amazes me how much faster a real race car is than a street car. Even a street car as fast as the Ford GT.

-T
Yes, I thought they did actually touch.

If the Mustang GT hadn't nudged the GT350R off the track at the last bend, I'm sure the GT350R's lap time would have been even better, by at at least a few tenths, maybe more...
Sponsored