Sponsored

GT350R 5K over.... Congrats Muligan

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
NOPE. I think the 500 is the next one. If is a dud, then I'll keep what I've got. To get rid of one for the sake of a base model would be a losing proosition. I was just speaking of "if I did it all over". Still no major regrets.
Was just kidding of course as you already have 2 outstanding cars and know that you have your heart set on a new GT500 so how good is that!!

;)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Was just kidding of course as you already have 2 outstanding cars and know that you have your heart set on a new GT500 so how good is that!!

;)
Just because I have a deposit down doesn't mean I will be one of the first to have one. I think the first ones will go to people like Jay Lenno. I believe the first year will be very limited just like the 2015 GT350.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Just because I have a deposit down doesn't mean I will be one of the first to have one. I think the first ones will go to people like Jay Lenno. I believe the first year will be very limited just like the 2015 GT350.
If 2007 is any indication of first year production numbers for the GT500 (10,847) don't count on the first year for this car being very limited and would be surprised if Jay Leno is interested in a new GT500 based on some of his commentary in the past.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Got order confirmation docs last night - just waiting for VIN to be assigned and the fun can begin.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
If 2007 is any indication of first year production numbers for the GT500 (10,847) don't count on the first year for this car being very limited and would be surprised if Jay Leno is interested in a new GT500 based on some of his commentary in the past.
My take on the new 500 is that it will be the next evolution of the gt350. It will be a track car purpose built for defeating the 1LE (among others). Timing is looking just like the '15 350 in terms of a limited 1st model year. I do not believe this will be the stereotypical straight line car that some would expect out of the GT500 name. One of the things that made the 350 special is the FPC. Although I don't believe the predator motor will be as special as the voodoo, it will be part of the complete package that has one purpose.... dominance on the track. When the car is officially released, and more details become available, demand will probably be very strong. We'll see. ;)

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
My take on the new 500 is that it will be the next evolution of the gt350. It will be a track car purpose built for defeating the 1LE (among others). Timing is looking just like the '15 350 in terms of a limited 1st model year. I do not believe this will be the stereotypical straight line car that some would expect out of the GT500 name. One of the things that made the 350 special is the FPC. Although I don't believe the predator motor will be as special as the voodoo, it will be part of the complete package that has one purpose.... dominance on the track. When the car is officially released, and more details become available, demand will probably be very strong. We'll see. ;)
We have to remember that the 2015 GT350's were the 50th Anniversary cars for the original Shelby GT350's that came out in 1965 therefore Ford produced a very limited number of these cars based on that scenario.

The 50th anniversary for the GT500 has since come and gone with Ford missing the 2017MY let alone missing the 50th anniversary a year later for the GT500KR therefore I suggest that Ford will produce as many of these GT500's in 2019 as possible.

You can also bet that with Jim Hackett already under extreme pressure for his lack of vision and leadership todate that he will do everything that he can (assuming that he is still around to see the launch of the new GT500) to put additional top line and bottom revenues from every model that is available and that certainly includes this new Halo Mustang.

I agree that initial demand will be strong and as you mentioned we'll see.

;)

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
That's what I'm thinking. Why would they put functional track type aero on a strait line car?

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
Except a supercharger doesn’t work in a track car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Time will tell. They don't put wings on drag cars. And yes, I agree that Chevy disagrees.

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
It will probably work well enough to send the camaro packing but I think in a longer race the extra power and most likely extra weight will start rearing its head either in engine temps or tire wear.

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
Tell that to chevy lol
I don’t think you have to tell Chevy anything. You don’t see a supercharger on their race cars, do you?

For a one or two lap wonder, a blower will work. But it’s just not what you want to maintain nor have they ever worked well over time on track. Daytona is now - count the blower cars.

And I’m not trying to beat up on a GT500 past or future - a street car is a perfect place for a supercharger. Nothing like putting your foot in it and having instant power. Terminator style. But there’s just too much heat, stress, drag and monkey motion to work well lap after lap at WOT in any practical sense. Ford has never made it work before so I don’t expect they will tomorrow either. :cheers:

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Venom kills Demons....pretty telling comment that would indicate to me that Ford is looking to targeting the Dodge Demon hallmarks.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
^^^^^^

You know, I don't know what to make of that video. They are excited, and so am I. I think it would be foolish of Ford to go after a one trick pony as opposed to a very well rounded car. It's a bit funny when the 350 first came out and you saw a lot of people taking it to the drag strip. Respectable, but not the intent of the vehicle.

Now here you have all the lessons learned from the 350, you have a 500 with a wing on it, and I see a multifacited car that can excell on the track and the strip. Maybe not a purists car, but i dont care, i have that box checked.

I expect to see a track focused insane iteration of the 350 that will dominate both the track and the strip. Demon killer? Probably not. Jimmy crack corn, I don't care.
Sponsored