Sponsored

Similar 2015 mustang trims - good or bad?

Somms

I saw this article......

Similarities Across the 2015 Ford Mustang Lineup Could Equal Big Sales Gains

While not everyone is as excited about the looks of the 2015 Ford Mustang as I am, the similarities across the different trim lines could really help sales improve with the two non-V8 models sporting a look that is very much like the GT package – allowing base model Mustang buyers more of the same great looks as the pricier GT models.

When the 2015 Ford Mustang was introduced in six cities around the world on December 5th, we saw a variety of trimlines in the different locations although many people probably couldn’t tell the difference from one new Mustang to the next (with the obvious exception of the 2015 Mustang Convertible). The folks in New York City met the new EcoBoost Mustang while the attendees in Dearborn and Los Angeles met the 2015 Mustang GT but if you looked quickly through pictures from the three US debut events you may not have noticed any difference between the three cars.

The two 2015 Mustang GT coupes were nearly identical to the non-GT model that debuted in New York with the exception of the 5.0L logos on the fenders, the GT badge in the middle of the taillight panel, the heat vents in the hood of the GT model and the aggressive grille design of the Mustang GT. On the EcoBoost Mustang, the GT logo on the tail is replaced by the running Mustang logo, there are no engine badges on the fenders, there are no vents in the hood, there is no rear spoiler and the EcoBoost model features a grille that is all mesh where the GT has mesh and some sharpened “spokes”. The GT that we met in Dearborn also had different rims than the car that debuted in the Big Apple but in the long run – the only thing that differentiates the 2015 Mustang GT from the non-GT models is badging and the addition of the hood vents and rear spoiler.

- See more at: http://www.torquenews.com/106/simil...ld-equal-big-sales-gains#sthash.iJrfAEyU.dpuf
I've always liked separation in how the base and more expensive trims look but these guys might have a point. It seems to fine for the Camaro. What do you guys think?
Sponsored

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
The best looking base mustang I have seen. It will just help boost ecoboost sales even more. For those guys that want to have sleeper GTs should make it very easy to hide.

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
I wonder if there will be duel tail pipes on the V6/EB? That's always a big differentiation.

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
I wonder if there will be duel tail pipes on the V6/EB? That's always a big differentiation.
There has been dual exhaust on the v6 since they went to the 3.7. If i remember right from the pics of the ecoboost it had dual exhaust too.

TearTheHorizon

Threads
Reaction score
I personally hope the EB has a single exit exhaust. Dual exhaust on a single exhaust bank is pointless imo, and just seems fake to me. The V6 I am indifferent about. As long as its not a y pipe.

Sponsored

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Dual pipes look awesome on the shelby...I hope there are no more dual pipes. That is a special car.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I personally hope the EB has a single exit exhaust. Dual exhaust on a single exhaust bank is pointless imo, and just seems fake to me. The V6 I am indifferent about. As long as its not a y pipe.

Dual exit exhaust seems to be the way things are going among manufacturers these days even with 4-cylinder engines.

Dual pipes look awesome on the shelby...I hope there are no more dual pipes. That is a special car.
You mean quad pipes?

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
You will still see some variations between models... This article is a little premature but I get what he is saying. The base model, if looks close to the GT, will create demand down low. The GT has some different cues but, the GT350 and GT500 will definitely look different.

Once you see the GT350, you will understand... The GT350 and GT500 were the design focus in my opinion... The GT, base and EB were all scaled back from the 350... Think 2014 Camaro refresh... The base and SS cars are ugly because the z28 was responsible for the refreshes direction.

Only thing is, the Mustang looked good dumbed down... The Camaro didn't...

I'm going to be honest, your buying a $50,000 dollar design for $26,000... Waaaaaaay more than what you paid for.

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
You will still see some variations between models... This article is a little premature but I get what he is saying. The base model, if looks close to the GT, will create demand down low. The GT has some different cues but, the GT350 and GT500 will definitely look different.

Once you see the GT350, you will understand... The GT350 and GT500 were the design focus in my opinion... The GT, base and EB were all scaled back from the 350... Think 2014 Camaro refresh... The base and SS cars are ugly because the z28 was responsible for the refreshes direction.

Only thing is, the Mustang looked good dumbed down... The Camaro didn't...

I'm going to be honest, your buying a $50,000 dollar design for $26,000... Waaaaaaay more than what you paid for.
This pleases me. I'm waiting for a halo model. I can wait some more, especially to see a focus version of the S550 we've seen.

Sponsored

qwkcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-mustang
I favor sleeper performance and no tacked on nonfunctional trim pieces please.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Best looking base model ever I think. I do like the GT better, but for once the base looks really really nice as is. Actually I think they made strides towards this in the last couple of years, but this one finally pulled it off. I have always gone back and forth over which approach is better, and in the end I think the camaro has had it better in that the base models always looked as good as the z28 or ss.....the mustang base models were hideous (fox) to shaky (sn95) to ok (last few years) to outstanding(2015)

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
The V6's have always been Y-piped from 2011+ and then split again afterwards. Only the V8's had true dual exhausts.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
Thed I am afraid you are incorrect. My stock 2012 MCA has a true dual with an x-pipe.
Sponsored