Sponsored

Lease rates on 2018 GTs?

kingofsting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Shadow Black / Redline Interior
This was a 36mo lease? If so, completely lucky you got that price. The 3 dealers here quoted me mid 500’s for a $32k 2017 last year through Ford. Same price or more than 60mo financing (depending on the bank and rate).
I’m leasing a 2016 GT Premium MT 401A, Nav, Shaker, BLIS, Redline interior, Black Accent Pckg, Rear Sensors and Spare Tire for $500/month with no money down, 36 months, 12K miles annually. Before that I was in a similarly optioned 13GT Premium (no Nav or Premiere trim, but with auto transmission) at $430 or $450 a month

I agree with the other poster that putting money down on a lease is a waste; if I were financing it would be a different story. Financing on each of these two cars for 60 months, with money down was way above my lease payments, and frankly I’m happy that I have the option to upgrade or switch cars altogether after a few years without going through the hassle of trading in or worrying about how much equity I do or don’t have in a car
Sponsored

Jackie Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Corvette ZR1
Who is the leading company? I never saw good lease rates on gts on rcls

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
The gap has always been offered separate for me on the Mustang unless I’m confusing my terminology which is always possible. :p
If I put the amount I’m using as a down payment towards the payments instead, then it would work out to be the same overall amount paid at the end of the lease. I do get what you’re saying, though, in regards to if the car got wrecked before the end of the term then some of the down payment could be going to waste.

In the past 8 months I’ve test driven...
Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti
Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
Mercedes AMG C43
Audi S4
Genesis G80 Sport
Jaguar XE 35t
Kia Stinger GT
BMW M240i
Lexus IS350 F-Sport
Cadillac ATS V-Sport
3 different 2018 Mustang GTs (one 401a with active exhaust, one 401a with Performance Package, and one 400a but fully-loaded otherwise including magneride)

After all that, the Mustang was my personal favorite. I planned on checking out a Genesis G70 in the spring too... but, I’m pretty set on the Mustang :D
What were your thoughts on the Stinger? Haven't tried one yet. I plan on trying that and the new Genesis next if I don't keep my Charger.

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
What were your thoughts on the Stinger? Haven't tried one yet. I plan on trying that and the new Genesis next if I don't keep my Charger.
It’s REALLY nice. The interior felt like a $50k car interior should, the acceleration was great and, imo, the exterior looks pretty good. Only complaint is that there’s a bit too much body roll even with the dampers on the sport setting and it could definitely use a louder/active exhaust without that sound from the speakers.

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m leasing a 2016 GT Premium MT 401A, Nav, Shaker, BLIS, Redline interior, Black Accent Pckg, Rear Sensors and Spare Tire for $500/month with no money down, 36 months, 12K miles annually. Before that I was in a similarly optioned 13GT Premium (no Nav or Premiere trim, but with auto transmission) at $430 or $450 a month

I agree with the other poster that putting money down on a lease is a waste; if I were financing it would be a different story. Financing on each of these two cars for 60 months, with money down was way above my lease payments, and frankly I’m happy that I have the option to upgrade or switch cars altogether after a few years without going through the hassle of trading in or worrying about how much equity I do or don’t have in a car
Looks like we actually got about the same deal as my car is packaged the same + auto transmission but no black accent package. The amount I put down dropped roughly $100/month from the payments. High five? :D
At the end of term on our leases we’ll have wound up paying more-or-less the same. I guess, for me personally, I prefer doing a down payment to drop some more off the monthly so I have a little extra “just in case” money at the end of each month (not to say that $100/month is really all that much, but I just get unreasonably nervous about a larger monthly payment on a lease for some reason - which is strange because on a finance I’d not even bat an eye at $200+ more per month lol)

Who is the leading company? I never saw good lease rates on gts on rcls
Ford.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BTW - the #2 from that list of test driven cars is definitely the Audi S4. What an absolutely amazing car. I really went in thinking I probably wouldn’t even like it and was absolutely blown away by it.
Also, just to mention, after all that test driving the only thing, for me, that I really think is missing from the Mustang is a HUD. If the 2018 had a HUD I doubt I’d even bother fighting for another good lease deal and would just buy the thing.

robw_39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Looks like we actually got about the same deal as my car is packaged the same + auto transmission but no black accent package. The amount I put down dropped roughly $100/month from the payments. High five? :D
At the end of term on our leases we’ll have wound up paying more-or-less the same. I guess, for me personally, I prefer doing a down payment to drop some more off the monthly so I have a little extra “just in case” money at the end of each month (not to say that $100/month is really all that much, but I just get unreasonably nervous about a larger monthly payment on a lease for some reason - which is strange because on a finance I’d not even bat an eye at $200+ more per month lol
The problem with putting money down on a lease is if the car gets totaled say 2 months after you lease it all that money you put down is gone... you don't get it back so it would be better to put that down payment money in your bank and use it to pay the higher payment... and gap doesn't pay you anything it pays the leasing company you never get the money you put down back on a lease it is a risk not worth taking... So I would take the higher lease payment vs putting down cash it is much safer for you.
Sponsored