Sponsored

More supercharger evidence on the 2015 GT!

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Firstly, Ford never confirmed there would "only" be 3 engines for 2015.(gt350?)
Secondly, unless your mom's 2005 mustang has straight cut gears, she should probably get that looked at...
Thirdly, a turbo sounds nothing like that, and the v8 rumble can clearly be heard when the vehicle passes by at the end.
OK, Firstly,Ford HAS Officialy stated In every video and presentation that there will be 3 (Three) Engines offed in the 2015 "Mustang" 2.3 Eco-Boost, V-6, and Coyote 5.0 V-8.
The "GT-350" Will be an SVT Variant, probably carrying the "Shelby" name which would technically exclude it from the Basic "Mustang" lineup.

Secondly, the Gear Noise on My Mom's 2005 Mustang GT has been Checked and it is Considered Normal. Actually a lot of 2005 owners complained about it when it was introduced.

Thirdly, I do know what a Supercharger and a Turbo Both sound like as Ive Owned an 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, and an 89 T-Bird Supercoupe, as well as My Brothers 1963 Studebaker Avanti R3, which has a Paxton Supercharged 305 Engine that was hand built personally by Andy Granatelli.

I think people are grasping at straws. This Video was produced for a "Hollywood Stuntman" more than likely the sound youre hearing was Dubbed in over the Video anyway and not even the 2015 GT's sounds.
Sponsored

crysalis_01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Terminator Cobra
Quite familiar with that sound. Sounds like a SC to me, definitely not gear whine and surely not a turbo.
The bigger questions to me are:
What SC? Eaton, TVS.
If a SC would be offered as an option on the GT, what kind of madness is in store for the GT350/500???
As someone that hears blower whine quite regularly, that IS what that is.

So a factory OPTION s/c would be the only place to use such a FI system IF the next tier indeed gets a TT-EB5.0L.

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
OK, Firstly,Ford HAS Officialy stated In every video and presentation that there will be 3 (Three) Engines offed in the 2015 "Mustang" 2.3 Eco-Boost, V-6, and Coyote 5.0 V-8.
The "GT-350" Will be an SVT Variant, probably carrying the "Shelby" name which would technically exclude it from the Basic "Mustang" lineup.

Secondly, the Gear Noise on My Mom's 2005 Mustang GT has been Checked and it is Considered Normal. Actually a lot of 2005 owners complained about it when it was introduced.

Thirdly, I do know what a Supercharger and a Turbo Both sound like as Ive Owned an 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, and an 89 T-Bird Supercoupe, as well as My Brothers 1963 Studebaker Avanti R3, which has a Paxton Supercharged 305 Engine that was hand built personally by Andy Granatelli.

I think people are grasping at straws. This Video was produced for a "Hollywood Stuntman" more than likely the sound youre hearing was Dubbed in over the Video anyway and not even the 2015 GT's sounds.
You might be right on the dubbed over sound but you probably should go back and listen to a turbo 4 banger vs roots,tvs, or twin screw v8. They sound nothing alike.

TearTheHorizon

Threads
Reaction score
Hasn't there always been an FRPP supercharger kit? Its not something you consider optional equipment, but its always been available. I think this is being overplayed. It could be a supercharger option. But is that really a suprise?

Maybe its a test mule for the CJ.

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
Or maybe the guy threw an aftermarket supercharger on it.

Sponsored

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
Here are a couple videos for you Tampabear.

First Coyote 5.0 with Ford racing supercharger kit.

[ame]

Now a ford ecoboost 2.0 i4 Focus ST.

[ame]

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I want to believe this. A rear drive, V8 Mustang with an IRS and a supercharger? All I can say is....
shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You might be right on the dubbed but you probably should go back and listen to a turbo 4 banger vs roots,tvs, or twin screw v8. They sound nothing alike.
As I said, I do know the difference between the sound of a Turbo and a Supercharger. I agree it does sound more like a Supercharger, but based on what Ford has confirmed as Engine Options for the 2015 "Mustang" I was playing Devil's Advocate and throwing the Eco-Boost out there (as an unlikely) option. Although I haven't heard any confirmed audio of the Eco-Boost. I think some people are going to be pleasantly surprised by the sound Ford will manage to get out of that 2.3 Turbo, but I still think it was some Good Old "Hollywood Magic" that we're hearing here.

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
As I said, I do know the difference between the sound of a Turbo and a Supercharger. I agree it does sound more like a Supercharger, but based on what Ford has confirmed as Engine Options for the 2015 "Mustang" I was playing Devil's Advocate and throwing the Eco-Boost out there (as an unlikely) option. Although I haven't heard any confirmed audio of the Eco-Boost. I think some people are going to be pleasantly surprised by the sound Ford will manage to get out of that 2.3 Turbo, but I still think it was some Good Old "Hollywood Magic"that we're hearing here.
I posted some videos as a refresher for you on what they sound like. Check out the links above a couple post above this one.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't need a refresher Trolls... I've Owned and Driven Both. I know Turbo's have a "Whistle" more than the "Whine" of a Supercharger. As I said, I was only playing Devil's Advocate about the 2.3 Eco-Boost, however as for the Video of the 2.0 Eco-Boost Focus, that's a completely different engine than the 2.3 EB 4 and also running an aftermarket exhaust. I know Ford isn't going to get the sound of a V-8 out of the 2.3 EB but I guarantee it will sound a lot better than that.

Sponsored

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
That was definitely a V8 in the video. The 2.3 EB will sound nothing like that, there is no way unless artificial sound is used.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Another view on this - If they plan on raising the SVT prices well above the 13/14 model year prices then a SC GT is very likely alternative but SVT prices would have to start well above $60K, and based on the new car's looks, options, and features, the GT350 or GT500 could easily go above a $60K starting price.

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
Just making sure since you were the one that said it could be an ecoboost not me. Yes the video i posted has the ST with flowmaster exhaust on it deeper and louder than stock. Then you talked about a paxton supercharger which also doesn't sound like a positive displacement blower. Playing devils advocate with you aka giving you shit.

S3XPanther

Threads
Reaction score
That was 100% a pd blower. Now, whether or not that sound was inserted is another story. As someone mentioned, however, Ford Racing aftermarket blower options are nothing new. If, on the other hand this is an option you can simply check off when ordering and have it delivered from the factory already installed, rather than have a dealer install it (which I would never trust), this is VERY interesting. :D That's how I'd order mine.

If this is a factory option, the hi po version better be one bad mofo to keep up.

I also wanted to add that the origin of this video is very interesting. This guy joins Instagram and his only two posts are about the S550? Yea, Ford controls that account lol. Do you guys remember the original mustang inspires video, the one where we saw various individuals driving their S550, including the silver one? Well, I feel we're going to see a few more of these "S550 owners" popping up on Instagram.
Sponsored